Why is everything closed?

smooth expat

I don't understand. Is it a Thai holiday? Every other store I've gone to today is closed. Or maybe they just close up shop when they don't feel like working??

Went to Immigrations this morning, then Big C South, a garden shop, Pattaya Tai Tuesday market and Friendship. Everything was up and running, but it did seem traffic was a little lighter than usual and I was in and out of Immigrations in under 5 minutes.

Maybe just the late summer lull before the high season begins to ramp up. Whereabouts were all these closed shops?

I don't understand. Is it a Thai holiday? Every other store I've gone to today is closed. Or maybe they just close up shop when they don't feel like working??

Went to Immigrations this morning, then Big C South, a garden shop, Pattaya Tai Tuesday market and Friendship. Everything was up and running, but it did seem traffic was a little lighter than usual and I was in and out of Immigrations in under 5 minutes.

Maybe just the late summer lull before the high season begins to ramp up. Whereabouts were all these closed shops?

Enjoy the last 2 months of sanity before the 6 months of chaos sets in!

I haven't noticed anything closed but I have noticed over the past few days that Pattaya seems to be a lot less action going on everywhere.

I even rode my Motorbike to Pattaya Nua today and didn't almost get killed.......very strange.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed anything closed but I have noticed over the past few days that Pattaya seems to be a lot less action going on everywhere.

I even rode my Motorbike to Pattaya Nua today and didn't almost get killed.......very strange.

You just aren't trying hard enough that is all..... resident's apathy!

....a taxi driver I used to know always said last and first weeks of the month are busiest...other times, most people are just scraping by....

Lots of family business are open on the weekends and so take a weekday or two off, esp in the depth of low season.

Are we done? The DYING PATTAYA brigade will soon arrive and we'll have to listen to a bunch of doom & gloom nonsense.

Edited by JSixpack

They're lulling you into a false sense of security.

you must have been in disguise and no one spotted you

I went to Immigration in Jomtien on Tuesday morning and was in and out in about 5 minutes as well.

After that I took the car to the car wash on Thepprasit Road which was busier than usual for some reason. I then drove back via Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road. Pattaya Tai was chaotic as usual.

Alan