Mountain Dew finally arrives.

CNX1984

A friend of mine pointed out last night that 7-11 had bottles for 18B.

I confirmed today that both 7-11 and Tesco Express is stocking 495ml bottles for 18B at 7-11 and 16B at Tesco Express.

I am located in Chiangmai, can anyone else confirm this is country wide?

Enjoy!!

post-132025-0-05933300-1379425392_thumb.

I am a Mt. Dew addict since age 10. Unfortunately the Mt. Dew now available in Thailand is not the same as that back home. I don't like it at all. So this actually spells the end of Mt. Dew in Thailand, not the beginning. Villa Market will certainly stop importing the real stuff now that this impostor is available. It's the same as Mt Dew in Malaysia. Thai and Malay Mt. Dew tastes a little like the purple "Voltage" Mt. Dew available back home and occasionally imported by Villa Market here.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Mt. Dew addict since age 10. Unfortunately the Mt. Dew now available in Thailand is not the same as that back home. I don't like it at all. So this actually spells the end of Mt. Dew in Thailand, not the beginning. Villa Market will certainly stop importing the real stuff now that this impostor is available. It's the same as Mt Dew in Malaysia. Thai and Malay Mt. Dew tastes a little like the purple "Voltage" Mt. Dew available back home and occasionally imported by Villa Market here.

haha im with ya all the way, it does taste a little different than the ones at villa.

though we dont live in a "first world" country, this could definitely be classified as a first world problem.

haha im with ya all the way, it does taste a little different than the ones at villa.

though we dont live in a "first world" country, this could definitely be classified as a first world problem.

And could be good news for weak willed people like me that can't pass by the soda isle at Villa without dropping a few cans into the basket.

However, I did notice that Villa Chalong got another shipment, but this time priced at 20B a can instead of the normal 48B. I will wait to see if this will be the new price from now on, or just a way to get rid of the stock which now has competition from every one of the 4.2 billion 7-11's in Thailand. I have seen the price of a can of the real stuff vary from 14.5B to 52B.

Edited by NomadJoe

I think Pepsico shot themselves in the foot when they started EST and now Mt Dew, being the latest of changes and fake products. Have tried the Mt Dew the day it hit shelves here, and even the kids around here don't like it. I am still getting my drinks by special order from Villa 10 cases at a time, and I get what I like no problem!

As AyG says, est is not a Pepsi product, Serm Suk were the former Thai bottler for Pepsi for over 50 years but are a local Thai company independent of PepsiCo. They had the distribution network and bottling facilities so were able to effectively push the new brand out very quickly to replace Pepsi after the two companies failed to agree on a new bottling agreement. Meanwhile Pepsi has failed to find a new bottler and est seems to have very effectively replaced them, although Coke also took advantage and is now the #1 cola in Thailand. It's no loss as far as I'm concerned, I can't stand Pepsi and think est is far superior to it. But they really dropped the ball.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-thailand-and-est-2013-3

Edited by blorg

Meanwhile Pepsi has failed to find a new bottler.

I understand that Pepsi bought a San Miguel plant in Rayong to produce/bottle Pepsi. However, there were problems during the flooding and things haven't yet taken off.

There has been a problem with glass bottles, though. Sermsuk's defacto owner (via Thai Bev) is seemingly Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi who effectively controls glass bottle production in Thailand. He won't, it's alleged, cooperate with Pepsi.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget all that rubbish.

Villa 33 now has IRN-BRU fully leaded and Sugar free versions.

Say goodbye to those nasty hangovers.

Tried their creme sods and cloudy lemonade, and didn't like either, just got spoiled on my USA drinks!

Bangkok main Villa on Sucumvit 33 has originals in can, but at 45 THB per can! But, Dr Pepper is on sale for 25 THB

I have been getting MD Code red, Regular Mt Dew, mug root beer, and My favoite cans of Suirt, and also Hawaiian punch too!