Thai commercial “makes everybody cry”

webfact

Well I'm proud I was able to shed a tear watching this.

It isn't that you have to be ashamed of your emotions, I watched Dirty Dancing 8 times and had tears in my eyes at closing scene every time, but you should be able to discern an infringement on your emotions from reality .

• Like 1

My wife watches this 'commercial' over and over. Makes me watch it with her. Supposed to be a true story yet........ The bit I cannot understand is how a simple noodle seller ended up in a private hospital and then in a private room. Wouldn't he have been taken to government hospital? Something is missing here and that is not to say the story is false.

Great story though, I was quite emotional after watching it the first time. I completely missed the fact it was an ad for True, not that I care much for True anyway.

This is absolutely sickening as it just preys on the sentimentality of people and ignores the real issues of the poor. These ads and programs like lakorn never look at the reasons in Thailand for poverty and need, they just paper over the cracks with nationalistic nonsense or this thai help thai, do good get good rubbish. I just wonder what true would do if they found a poor kid stealing from one of their vans cos granny was ill, I think they would call the cops and have him locked up and granny would have to pay up. This ad is just disgusting and makes me puke rather than cry.

If it is a true story, no pun intended, lets have the names and the details, I say it's not true.

Edited by sms747
  • Like 2

This story has been being told in the school I have worked for a long time (western variation). Certainly a good way of showing karma, or the old adage of what comes around goes around. Hopefully people will heed the message.

Really seems as Thailand is so corrupt that many have NOT got the message. If Thais believe in karma and do good get good, how come so many do bad and profit from it without a bad result?

sadly enough, this is more a christian value than thai ... which christian family in the west ever owned slaves like cattle as thai rich did ?

except the americans off course

this society is obsessed with me me me and money and greep and corruption

what did a survey show again ? 70% of thai are ok with it, if it profits them ...

• Like 1

sadly enough, this is more a christian value than thai ... which christian family in the west ever owned slaves like cattle as thai rich did ?

what did a survey show again ? 70% of thai are ok with it, if it profits them ...

Yeah, because slavery started with the Americans....sorry, it wasn't even a country during the heyday of the slave trade. So, yeah, there's that.

• Like 1

Wow, what an incredible amount of ignorant drivel. I think you'll find throughout history that Christianity was the cause of incalculable mayhem, persecution, genocide and any number of injustices around the world. You don't even want to go there.

• Like 2

On the other hand, if you live in poverty and have to go out shoplifting for medicine, you will somehow be able to afford an extended university education so that you can become a surgeon.

Well noticed, or how a ad with facts that never can happen in real life still can make an impression on people.

It says everything about the sheep mankind is.

Absolutely.

And how marketing and advertizing firms have really developed into modern monsters. Like sports science has revolutionized the sports field to reach feats previously unattainable, the modern day marketing and advertizing companies can delve deeper and deeper into the core of their audience's psychological and emotional being. The psychologists employed by marketing firms are experts.

That they can expertly delve so deep as to make grown men weep is slightly worrying. Some of the weepers even saying that the story is true.

21st century marketing manipulation.

Without knowing it the viewers will feel a subconscious sedation and sense of warming when they walk past and see the company's logo in a shopping mall.

• Like 1

I posted this in another TV post on the same topic but I stick by it:

advertising companies and the people who employ them unashamedly steal our most precious memories and emotions and turn them into money. Seductive and beautifully made, but ultimately empty and meaningless when such masterful film-making amounts to trivia. Shed your tears for the rich bounty humanity can offer when it can make a difference for those in need, not for a corporate giant intent on satisfying shareholders.

Interesting Comment ...... and might be true.

But it is a good thing despite the True move Ad to see ,kindness and compassion for others , it just may trigger a fews's actions it that direction of which so much is lacking in todays society ....and abroad , A very touching clip!

On the other hand, if you live in poverty and have to go out shoplifting for medicine, you will somehow be able to afford an extended university education so that you can become a surgeon.

Well noticed, or how a ad with facts that never can happen in real life still can make an impression on people.

It says everything about the sheep mankind is.

Dear BRAIN,

It happens in real life every day! It's just not as simple, perfect, and unbelievable as what projected in the video. If you are a giving person, you will always get back when you are in need (not only about money). The world has its own mysterious ways. The video only wants to give you an idea!

• Like 1

I posted this in another TV post on the same topic but I stick by it:

advertising companies and the people who employ them unashamedly steal our most precious memories and emotions and turn them into money. Seductive and beautifully made, but ultimately empty and meaningless when such masterful film-making amounts to trivia. Shed your tears for the rich bounty humanity can offer when it can make a difference for those in need, not for a corporate giant intent on satisfying shareholders.

This is a two edged sword. It shows the skills of a good film maker, with a positive message that absolutely "gets" to a lot of people.

Because we are evolving and many people possessing a bit of intellectual discernment, can see the back story or stories or failures

in the narrative, failures of credibility, and the self interest behind it, it is also very positive.

Thanks for both everybody.

I'm happy to be part of this community today. Can't say that every day either.