Thai commercial “makes everybody cry”

webfact

sadly enough, this is more a christian value than thai ... which christian family in the west ever owned slaves like cattle as thai rich did ?

except the americans off course

this society is obsessed with me me me and money and greep and corruption

what did a survey show again ? 70% of thai are ok with it, if it profits them ...

Oh good, nice way to work in some American bashing. Your bible talks about selling daughters into slavery, as I recall. Belg? As in Belgium? Ever here of Congo? And plenty of Euro countries had major hand in slave trade. Not to say it is right, but those without sin cast the first stones....

sadly enough, this is more a christian value than thai ... which christian family in the west ever owned slaves like cattle as thai rich did ?

what did a survey show again ? 70% of thai are ok with it, if it profits them ...

If you are Belgian I would think carefully before pontificating about slavery and greed - and revise Belgium's record in Africa.

I guess True rejected the ad where the noodle seller collapses and dies in the back of the ambulance on its way to a 2nd hospital as the nearest hospital that could have possibly saved him was a private one and put profit in front of ethics by kicking his arse out before he'd even set foot in the door.

I'm as mawkish as they come but.............

" which christian family in the west ever owned slaves like cattle as Thai rich did ?"

"except the americans off course"

The Dutch, French, Spanish, British and Portuguese. The fact that you don't know this, and the way you express your view makes me want to discount everything else you've said.

• Like 2

reminds me. I am overdue to commit another random act of kindness. No better feeling in the world.

I am not a religious person but I do believe in Karma.

Alot of this is very negative, not to mention ilinformed and it is really quite sad. I am as cynical as the next person but I hope I never get as 'hard bitten' as some.

What's the concise message TRUE-MOVE wanted to give to public with the help of this video? I did not exactly get it.

However the video really touched my heart.

The message is: if you consider helping a child thief by paying for his ill gotten gains and giving him a free meal for the inconveinience of being caught, first check his education progress at his school to check whether he has a good chance of becoming a doctor in the future.

If not, then give the little urchin a slap on the wrist, tell him his dear sick ailing greyed haired old mother is not your problem and send him on his way,

And BTW; make sure you use True Move to phone and tell all your friends about it.

• Like 1

I should be, but I am sadly not surprised about the direction this thread is going.

It is a commercial, yes we know.

However, the story is nice.

Many of the members should stop analyzing it as it was some sort of doctrine being released.

Edited by Travel2003
  • Like 2

I am just filming a copycat version of this commercial.

The only difference in the plot is that the girl is a loog Krueng and her sick father is from England.

In the final scene, when she checks the bill from the hospital, the total amount owing will be exactly double that portrayed in the original ad.

So the message your movie will put across is, that people have more chance of being treated at a hospital in Thailand, even if they can`t pay the medical bill, then obtaining emergency treatment for free in England on the National Health service.

I should be, but I am sadly not surprised about the direction this thread is going.

It is a commercial, yes we know.

However, the story is nice.

Many of the members should stop analyzing it as it was some sort of doctrine being released.

Agree. I was touched by the commercial. Very nicely done. The lame comments on this thread are not surprising, coming from a bunch of cynics and hypocrites. But you're right, it's really just a commercial. And unlike most commercials--which by definition are marketing tools--this one was tastefully done and very unlike a typical sales pitch.

• Like 1

That commercial is a True load of crud.

Utter nonsense seeking to skillfully manipulate the viewer into subconsciously seeing the company as a True good corporate friend.

If that brought a tear to your eye or you believe that is a masterpiece of world hope or that it is factual in any way or that it represents the corporations values you might need a year alone on an island to reprogram your mind.

• Like 1

What's the concise message TRUE-MOVE wanted to give to public with the help of this video? I did not exactly get it.

The message is that if you keep giving away your soup and meatballs instead of selling them you will end up not being able to pay your hospital bills.

On the other hand, if you live in poverty and have to go out shoplifting for medicine, you will somehow be able to afford an extended university education so that you can become a surgeon.

I also had a tear in my eye watching the ad.

IThink u have not understood the AD see once again what u said is not correct Help the Needy it will come back one day remeber this u may also need some bodys help one day do not be offended we will not take any thing only our name and gesture.

The message is that if you keep giving away your soup and meatballs instead of selling them you will end up not being able to pay your hospital bills.

On the other hand, if you live in poverty and have to go out shoplifting for medicine, you will somehow be able to afford an extended university education so that you can become a surgeon.

I also had a tear in my eye watching the ad.

IThink u have not understood the AD see once again what u said is not correct Help the Needy it will come back one day remeber this u may also need some bodys help one day do not be offended we will not take any thing only our name and gesture.

I do understand the ad. and it's intent. My comments were really tongue-in-cheek but with a little cynicism as well.

As for helping the needy. I was brought up to believe that help should be given without any expectation of reward, neither in this life nor the next.

I would doubt there are many (or any) real life examples of poor kids making it as surgeons. Perhaps True Move could sponsor a few scholarships.