Australians drugged, sexually assaulted and robbed at Thai beach parties, diplomat warns

webfact

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the main article:

Mr Cunningham said that about half of the average 50 deaths of Australians on Phuket each year were avoidable, including deaths from traffic accidents and falling from high-storey hotel.

Is this factually correct, or is 50 the number of Aussie deaths in the entire Kingdom?

Thailand can be a deadly destination for Australian tourists

THAILAND is one of the nation's favourite overseas holiday destinations - but the popular family playground has a darker side.

An Australian dies in Thailand every four days on average and hundreds more require consular help.

Melbourne man Sebastian Eric Faulkner, 21, was the first Australian to die in Thailand this year when he fell to his death from a Phuket hotel balcony early on New Year's Day.

Consular officials say motorbikes, power-ski accidents and alcohol-fuelled mishaps are the most common cause of serious injuries. Thailand's full moon parties also often spark calls for help.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/thailand-can-be-a-deadly-destination-for-australian-tourists/story-e6frf7kx-1226564566461

• Like 1

An ex-friend of mine was drugged and graped at one of these party's a while ago, after he accepted a can of M150 from a lady boy who he thought was just trying to be nice and wanted to be his my friend.

Sadly we don't talk any more, although I know it wasn't entirely his fault because of my strong Christian values we can't be friends.

Did you mean anti-Christian values???

No

Leviticus 20:13

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

A qoute from the Bible I note, not the Koran

Oh Pleeze! A lot of these young garbage Aussie and Brits only come to Thailand to attend these parties to get high and get wild......so knowing all these in advance...these garbage are asking for trouble. I would not spend a moment or any sympathy or help for garbage like these . I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties.Besies these full moon parties, you have al ot of these garnage in Phuket, Pattay, Chiang mai and bangkok these days too.

If anything, the bloody thai authorities should ban all these full moon parties that are an invention of the Westerners in the first place.

What idiocy! It's not the 1950s anymore. The young are welcome here, let them explore with caution. It's mindless arrogant farangs like you this country needs to get rid of!

Wouldn't really matter who "they" got rid of as it's only the money "they" want to keep here. anyway wink.png

Oh Pleeze! A lot of these young garbage Aussie and Brits only come to Thailand to attend these parties to get high and get wild......so knowing all these in advance...these garbage are asking for trouble. I would not spend a moment or any sympathy or help for garbage like these . I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties.Besies these full moon parties, you have al ot of these garnage in Phuket, Pattay, Chiang mai and bangkok these days too.

If anything, the bloody thai authorities should ban all these full moon parties that are an invention of the Westerners in the first place.

My goodness what a bigoted and myopic view. So anyone who has ever taken drugs is garbage are they? Well that includes you then as alcohol is a drug too as are the chemicals released when you have sex or éat chocolate. It is the legislators that ban them and the kids who know no better who take them to be different. Perhaps you never had a childhood or rebelled.

I find your post nauseating. People are unaware ofte dangers in Thailad and what harm can informational videos shown on planes on the way do? At the least they will expose the dangers and what is going on.

I feel sorry for these kids who want to explore yet are clueless as to what they are getting into. Not everyone rinks green tea all their lives and eats carrots. Some peope want to experiment and a few warnings would go a long way as long as they're promoted.

Edited by timewilltell
  • Like 1

Because he was graped by Transexuals, which kind of makes him gay and is contrary to the strong values of my faith.

Are you quoting a monty python script? What happened? They threw grapes at him? Hope they were seedless, those seeds really can be dangerous.

No apparently there was a bunch of them.

groped a bunch of his grapes? What a sad group of grape gropers they must have been!

Young people like to travel in their gap year; does that make them garbage?

How can you trash all these people without meeting them; yes a lot are naive and some bad or plane stupid, but garbage!

What a sad view on all young Brit's and Aussies!!

May not make them garbage but sure as hell makes them d-ck heads and they should expect no sympathy for being so.

At the moment in UK there is a movement to make irresponsible drunks liable for costs incurred in banging them up for the night when they cause trouble. I'm all for it.

I totally agree that these prats who get themselves in harms way deliberately should get no sympathy from anyone nor should they expect anyone else to 'bail them out' however you want to read that.

Self inflicted wounds deserve punishment not sympathy and a pat on the head.

I agree mostly but the point is if you go to an English pub and get pissed you are in an environment you know and understand even when you are pissed in Thailand you have a completely alien environment where people do not have the same values and where there is little law and order to remove the scum of Tai society.

So the ground rules are not at all the same - what is The harm in publishing the problem and letting them know the rules before they hit the cesspit?

• Like 1

yeah , nice racist views you got there mate..................no doubt born from ignorance.

for your information many of the people who go there are from all around the world not just Australia and Britain, many also just go to enjoy themselves. Some of the less "party experienced" people can find themselves doing or being given something that they are not used to and can find themselves in trouble .

There are also many people at these parties waiting to take advantage of young inexperienced people most of which i can assure you are not westerners but no doubt these are just doing the right thing in your mind by cleaning up the garbage??

..........It sounds like you agree that if someone is not in full control of there senses it is quite ok to rob or worse still rape them.......hmmm nice attitude. How would you feel if it was your daughter or son?????

Then again if they are brought up by parents with your attitude and think the same would they in fact be the garbage and deserve what they get?

• Like 1

If you have half a brain you can go to a Full Moon Party

and walk away in the same condition you arrived, plus a nice hangover.

If you are stupid you can find trouble, it's very simple. Same as home.

Some party go'rs are their own problem, imagining things will be like Raves back home.

But anyone expecting the same as home in Thailand is sadly uninformed.

Who goes to Thailand for what you get at home?

Anyone getting themselves drinking Deet laced drinks is a poor fool in the first place.

If you don't know what it is, don't drink it, a very simple survival tactic known world wide.

I'm going to put a crazy idea out here, but I'm guessing those "party go'rs" didn't come to thailand to be drugged murdered or raped. And perhaps they were not aware there was DEET in there drinks.

OR do you really tolerate crimes like this and want to excuse these thai criminals because that's how they do things around here and if you don't like it just go home.

• Like 1

An ex-friend of mine was drugged and graped at one of these party's a while ago, after he accepted a can of M150 from a lady boy who he thought was just trying to be nice and wanted to be his my friend.

Sadly we don't talk any more, although I know it wasn't entirely his fault because of my strong Christian values we can't be friends.

Thank god im not a religious person bah.gif

the milk of human kindness and understanding eh clap2.gif

Kratom - Pleeeease! Twenty leaves to get you high - and have you seen the size of a kratom leaf? Thailand's latest deadly drug?!? It's a mild stimulant and all those potential Thai rapists and muggers would really be scraping the barrel if that was their drug of choice.

Good on the Thai authorities for once - legalising it just might cut down on the country's crystal meth problem.

Come on Larry - go public on something a bit more realistic!

• Like 1

I think it would be so much better to inform people in the plane directly for the danger of those drugs , roads etc ... specially in touristic areas ... I remember seeing some warning in some airlines about drug dealing in Thailand ... Maybe an information package with all issues could be a solution for those young people...

A brillliant idea, send it to your embassy here in Thailand and hope the officials representing your interests, pass it on to their peers at the many buffet lunches/social functions they attend in BKK. Do not send it to the Tourist Office of Thailand though!

Quite a few likes there. Guessing there are a few people from shabby backgrounds that are jealous of poms and sheep shaggers for their excellent attitude to life. My god, think of what those combined cultures have given the world...The Beatles, Monty Python, AC-DC, Queen (all of them), dunnies, tinnies, 50 cent for a goony. Oh brother.

You forgot to mention cricket.

Completely agree.

Of course the authorities should ban all these full Loon parties but it won’t happen because there is too much money involved and too many people making an earner out of it, right across the board. Unfortunately those making the money also have the same attitudes as you, that these people are low lives and if some fall to tragedy, so what, no one really cares anyone, which to a point is true.

None of them will listen to the warnings because it`s the same old story, they believe bad things will happen to the other fella and not to them. I must admit that just like the Thai authorities and those making the money from these idiots, I have very little sympathy for them.

As a parent, I would never let my kids attend these, that are really just drug, drink and sex to hell with the consequences parties. So in the end it`s down to them. As my New York uncle once used to say to me if I didn’t listen to good advice; ‘It`s your funeral buddy’

Edited by Beetlejuice

Thailand is becoming a stereo type for the word "Dangerous Country"

That’s total nonsense.

Thailand is only dangerous for those who fail to tow the line, refuse to go along with the flow and place themselves into vulnerable situations. Going to a full Loon party is placing themselves into vulnerable situations.

It`s all down to common sense and not getting into things above their heads and into circumstances that they can’t handle and then losing control over themselves. The same applies wherever you are in the world.

• Like 1

The drug has been banned in Thailand since 1943 but Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri has proposed legalising it, saying its use may detract from people using drugs like methamphetamine and crystal-meth.

Kratom was used as a traditional medicine in the past, he told Thai journalists last week.

These are the words of a true rocket scientist. A man of honor and tremendous intelligence, a man with a searing intellect, on the verge of winning a Nobel peace prize, for his stunning discoveries into the heart and souls of the Thai people. A man on cutting edge of contemporary science, who is about to change the face of modern Thailand. Wouldn't it be great if Thailand had more brilliant minds like this? Congratulations to Yingluck for continuing to hire such competent and admirable people like Nitisiri, to run the nation.

• Like 2

You are calling them garbage and you don't even know them or do you just refer to all Australians as GARBAGE. I see you are some sort of a Supremacist. Which non racist country do you come from from?

Well I would agree with him 100% if he left out the word garbage.

I see you take no stance against the rest of his statement.

I know in my youth I to thought I was invincible that things like that only happened to the other guy. As I look back on my life I am surprised that I wasn't the other guy a time or two.

So young girls come to thailand looking for fun, get spiked, get raped by disgusting evil low life, and you say it's their fault? What a fine example of humanity you are, NOT!

• Like 1

Howling at the moon while on a cocktail of drugs? Sounds like fun to me for the young ones. BEats going to Spain and getting smashed out of their skulls and trying to shag everything that moves as many teen Brits do.

Let people have their fun. If they make mistakes that will teach them something for the future.

May I borrow your dictionary when you are finished, or have you thrown it in the Garbage?

So this guy cunntingham serves his term decides to retire and finally opens his mouth to the issues that have plagued his countrymen and women for years. Nothing like growing a set of balls (my apologies to the religious nutter, I understand the thought of mens balls get you hot and bothered) at the last minute.

What great post though....racism, right wing nutball and Aussies all in one thread!

He has had that set of balls the whole time and hasn't stopped speaking up. He is constantly in the media not just here but also in Australia. The guy fought from the start and never let up but crime and corruption is everyday life and part of the normal culture he was simply banging his head against the wall and had no support from the embassy.

Quite a few likes there. Guessing there are a few people from shabby backgrounds that are jealous of poms and sheep shaggers for their excellent attitude to life. My god, think of what those combined cultures have given the world...The Beatles, Monty Python, AC-DC, Queen (all of them), dunnies, tinnies, 50 cent for a goony. Oh brother.

You forgot to mention cricket.

No self respecting Australian mentions cricket anymore

• Like 1

I really don't know what all the fuzz is about! coffee1.gif Just because a low ranking Australian diplomat tells us about the dangers of living in Thailand, even the SMH talks now about it, but than maybe they had to fill an empty space in their newspaper. Now to the Grandpas and Grandmas retiring in Thailand, who seems to be upset about these crazy young people. Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll were already since August 1969 part of music festivals and parties. I just want to remind you of Woodstock, what were our parents thinking in those days. Just remeber Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendricks who died of an OD. We were the lost generation as per judgement of OUR parents and we had to be re-educated by sending us to shit places like Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Chile, Nicaragua and later Iraque and Afghanistan. Those diplomats did a real good job, didn't they? Now some smart guys on TV want to stop those festivals, because people are having fun, what a BS. It is not the fault of the young people, no it is the fault of the older generation, who allowed the family unit to break apart, so that we have today's problems, just wake up Grandpas and Grandmas. The "Red Light Districts" all over the world have always been controlled by local criminals and the police, also nothing new Mr. Diplomat and I have been in more than 60 countries in 5 continents. The only difference is that the world has become more acceptable to violence and general crime, and the biggest criminals in todays society are "the man in white shirts" who work on the Internet and not Party Crime in Phuket, so be reassured, this generation will turn up as good or bad as every other generation before, no reason to panic and to any drastic meassures. If you don't like these parties just don't go and that is the only answer, that comes to mind. If you put yourself into a dangerous position, don't cry for help if you get hurt.wai2.gif

Edited by OldSalty
  • Like 2

You are calling them garbage and you don't even know them or do you just refer to all Australians as GARBAGE. I see you are some sort of a Supremacist. Which non racist country do you come from from?

The clue is in the name. Probably Upper Caste.

However, he does ask a good question. "I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties." Probably wage slaves with several jobs to service the mortgage who have no time to get know their kids, who anyway are on an education treadmill and live in fear of their jobs being exported to low cost economies because fluid global capital wants "trained" not "educated".

It would probably be the same type of parents, in UK anyway, in the 70's & 80's that would let their children go to Spain/ Canaries/ Ibeza, etc, knowing full well they were going for the parties and shagging.

When does a child stop becoming a child?......................sad.png