The great part with these new malls

LawrenceChee

I think the great part is that all the young cuties spend half of their lives in malls nowadays because they need to be seen. So I dont need to drag my ass to different places all around the city to hook up with them. I just drive to the mall and I have access to hundreds if not thousands of them at the same place.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the great part is that all the young cuties spend half of their lives in malls nowadays because they need to be seen. So I dont need to drag my ass to different places all around the city to hook up with them. I just drive to the mall and I have access to hundreds if not thousands of them at the same place.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Those lucky gals thumbsup.gif

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 1

If we don't complain, are we allowed to stay?ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Well if you wish we could make a concession for you.tongue.png

What I can't understand i8s why people knock what other people like. I like movies so I go to the mall. Simple as that.

I don't sit on my keyboard knocking people who like to watch a made for a large screen with Sensurround sound on a small screen. If I have to I will but maybe some day we will have enough malls to see them all with out doing it. In the mean time I am going to the Mall and generally a meal after it. In a food court or Jeffers.

All in all a pleasant afternoon.

Can hardly wait for Dukes to open in the Promenada. Couple that with a movie and you have a nice outing.

Some one ought to start a thread about why do people like gardening.whistling.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

If we don't complain, are we allowed to stay?ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

What I can't understand i8s why people knock what other people like. I like movies so I go to the mall. Simple as that.

I don't sit on my keyboard knocking people who like to watch a made for a large screen with Sensurround sound on a small screen. If I have to I will but maybe some day we will have enough malls to see them all with out doing it. In the mean time I am going to the Mall and generally a meal after it. In a food court or Jeffers.

Can hardly wait for Dukes to open in the Promenada. Couple that with a movie and you have a nice outing.

Some one ought to start a thread about why do people like gardening.whistling.gif

Yeah same as me - go to Airport Plaza once or twice a month, pay my bills (ToT/True), take kids to watch a movie, have a cuppa (Lady Gray) at the coffee place in the 4th floor food hall, let the kids go on the 3D ride by the Scottish restaurant, buy a hand full of book at Asia Books, have a meal (PizzaHut/Scottish Restaurant/Food Hall/Ooshi/etc), browse about the shops (kids like to spend an hour in the Robinson toy debt.) then home (via Tesco/BigC/Macro as needed). In the cool and dry season we ride there on our push bikes.

Sorry Loaded, I am white and male, but not old (early 40s) nor with a far younger ''unsophisticated'' GF/BF/LB in tow (just two daughters - and they are not in any way 'unsophisticated'). Maybe we only see what we are looking for?

Even the old(er) mall of Kad Suan Kaew has some nice spots. I live close by and go there quite often. I like eating a meal at the food court on the ground floor. They usually have some musicians playing in the evening. Not the Top's food court, but the one further back. So, I get my meal, sit down and have a relaxing meal listening to the musicians.

re

Even the old(er) mall of Kad Suan Kaew has some nice spots. I live close by and go there quite often. I like eating a meal at the food court on the ground floor. They usually have some musicians playing in the evening.

hes right smile.png.. 7 30 to 9 30 !

dave2

post-42592-0-22909500-1379814178_thumb.j

post-42592-0-34775600-1379814225_thumb.j

re

Even the old(er) mall of Kad Suan Kaew has some nice spots. I live close by and go there quite often. I like eating a meal at the food court on the ground floor. They usually have some musicians playing in the evening.

hes right smile.png.. 7 30 to 9 30 !

dave2

If you go at the right time and day you can even see Elvis there.

But on some days of the month to watch a movie have a nice place to sit for a cup of coffee at Tom & Tom ( all over Korea with free wifi and comfy seating) it's a nice alternative to Starbucks.

I am not 100% sure but I think that is the name of the coffee shop near Rimping mini-mart. Could there be more than one? Any way, I happened to be at Rimping a few weeks ago. I stopped for coffee before leaving. There were about 3 coffee shops and I just went with the one with tables outside. I ordered a plain coffee "Americano" is the newest designer name for plain coffee these days. I was a little taken back when I was charged about 80-85 THB for a coffee. That may be a first in Thailand. After I sat down the girl came out with a red plastic thing that at first I thought was a coaster of some sort. After what seemed like more than 10 minutes (I was the only customer) the coaster turned into a pager and began flashing lights and vibrating. I just sat there thinking 'this must be a system for the servers to know which table to bring the coffee to.' After what seemed like another 5 minutes, the thing vibrated off the table, fell on the ground and died. Still no one came with the coffee. I stood up and looked inside where the 5 people behind the counter were all looking at me. Still no one came. I had to go inside and get my own coffee (with powdered milk) for 85 Baht! Instead of serving the coffee they only came outside to retrieve the broken pager. AND the coffee was nothing special. Give this place a miss!

not to beat up on you but those pagers have been around for years so I think your misadventure has as much to do with your unfamiliarity with technology as anything. But then when I first arrived in Korea several years ago and stopped in a brewery for a cold beer, what I thought was a built-in coaster on my table turned out to be the pager for service. The girl came out and quietly took my mug off the thing and I learned a valuable lesson.

I love the malls. I think they are great. I think there should be more of them spread out around the city. Even the little lifestyle malls are kinda nice. With Chiang Mai province having so many people (1.5 mil), it's good to have a variety of comfortable places for the masses to shop and eat comfortably. If you consider the places where these new malls are being put up, they do add to the city and not take away from it. Both new malls went up where there was not much of anything. Now I don't have to drive to the other side of town and get stuck in Airport Plaza traffic just to do my Christmas shopping. For me, this adds to my quality of life.

I love the malls. I think they are great. I think there should be more of them spread out around the city. Even the little lifestyle malls are kinda nice. With Chiang Mai province having so many people (1.5 mil), it's good to have a variety of comfortable places for the masses to shop and eat comfortably. If you consider the places where these new malls are being put up, they do add to the city and not take away from it. Both new malls went up where there was not much of anything. Now I don't have to drive to the other side of town and get stuck in Airport Plaza traffic just to do my Christmas shopping. For me, this adds to my quality of life.

I live on the east side of the city but I thought the Maya mall was put up on the busiest intersection in the city. Even driving to it from a mile a way can take ten minutes at times.

Let us hope they offer different movies than the other malls. Probably not the shops in all likely hood will be the same so why change the movie offerings.sad.png

Edited by hellodolly

But on some days of the month to watch a movie have a nice place to sit for a cup of coffee at Tom & Tom ( all over Korea with free wifi and comfy seating) it's a nice alternative to Starbucks.

I am not 100% sure but I think that is the name of the coffee shop near Rimping mini-mart. Could there be more than one? Any way, I happened to be at Rimping a few weeks ago. I stopped for coffee before leaving. There were about 3 coffee shops and I just went with the one with tables outside. I ordered a plain coffee "Americano" is the newest designer name for plain coffee these days. I was a little taken back when I was charged about 80-85 THB for a coffee. That may be a first in Thailand. After I sat down the girl came out with a red plastic thing that at first I thought was a coaster of some sort. After what seemed like more than 10 minutes (I was the only customer) the coaster turned into a pager and began flashing lights and vibrating. I just sat there thinking 'this must be a system for the servers to know which table to bring the coffee to.' After what seemed like another 5 minutes, the thing vibrated off the table, fell on the ground and died. Still no one came with the coffee. I stood up and looked inside where the 5 people behind the counter were all looking at me. Still no one came. I had to go inside and get my own coffee (with powdered milk) for 85 Baht! Instead of serving the coffee they only came outside to retrieve the broken pager. AND the coffee was nothing special. Give this place a miss!

not to beat up on you but those pagers have been around for years so I think your misadventure has as much to do with your unfamiliarity with technology as anything. But then when I first arrived in Korea several years ago and stopped in a brewery for a cold beer, what I thought was a built-in coaster on my table turned out to be the pager for service. The girl came out and quietly took my mug off the thing and I learned a valuable lesson.

Not really. I've never been to Korea so I don't know the customs there and besides this is Thailand where "service" is the norm. What I do know is that the coffee made there was probably the worst cup of coffee I have had in Thailand...and for 80-85 THB??? I don't think it was much better than 7-11 coffee. Considering I was the only customer there (and there were other customers in adjacent coffee shops but like I said I picked it for the outdoor seating), I give this place about 3 months before it closes its doors.

Yeah same as me - go to Airport Plaza once or twice a month, pay my bills (ToT/True), take kids to watch a movie, have a cuppa (Lady Gray) at the coffee place in the 4th floor food hall, let the kids go on the 3D ride by the Scottish restaurant, buy a hand full of book at Asia Books, have a meal (PizzaHut/Scottish Restaurant/Food Hall/Ooshi/etc), browse about the shops (kids like to spend an hour in the Robinson toy debt.) then home (via Tesco/BigC/Macro as needed). In the cool and dry season we ride there on our push bikes.

Sorry Loaded, I am white and male, but not old (early 40s) nor with a far younger ''unsophisticated'' GF/BF/LB in tow (just two daughters - and they are not in any way 'unsophisticated'). Maybe we only see what we are looking for?

Malls are rubbish and I would never set foot in one, whats the point? Who wants to spend 30 baht on a pizza or something when I can get some sticky rice and a piece of deep fried bird in the market for like 15 baht. Coffee shops what's the point in them...I can get some three in one from the market and that's what all the Traditional Thai's drinks. I bet you even wear western clothes you are all so sad..I wear a traditional moh hom shirt that I got from the market with my sarong. I bet most of you have never visited a Traditional Thai market if you did you wouldn't bother with rubbish shopping malls.

I prefer getting a bit of proper Northern Thai culture myself, so I spend my weekends getting wasted on lao kao and eating bit of raw pork offal with my crew, that's when I'm not sitting in front of the tv watching back to back Korean soap operas until my eyes bleed. I bet most of you have sit down toilets as well..you're all rubbish mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Well I am not in Thailand because I can't afford any better so I don't have to pinch my bahts.

How ever I would be interested in what shop and which Mall has pizza for 30 baht.

Or are you just being insulting to the Northern Thai culture?

Well I am not in Thailand because I can't afford any better so I don't have to pinch my bahts.

How ever I would be interested in what shop and which Mall has pizza for 30 baht.

Or are you just being insulting to the Northern Thai culture?

He's taking the piss, being sarcastic. unfortunately you need to be clever in order to appreciate the fact that he's being clever.
  • Like 1

The KSK Mall is old and tired, but I rather like going there. The food court inside Tops seems to have more appetizing offerings than the one further in, but both are OK. The Tops Market itself is first class. It think the big red fortress will always be there, because who could ever afford to demolish it?

As for all of these new malls, time will tell if there's enough baht in town to support them all. I moved here, glad to be out of the mall culture. But I guess there is no escape.

The KSK Mall is old and tired, but I rather like going there. The food court inside Tops seems to have more appetizing offerings than the one further in, but both are OK. The Tops Market itself is first class. It think the big red fortress will always be there, because who could ever afford to demolish it?

As for all of these new malls, time will tell if there's enough baht in town to support them all. I moved here, glad to be out of the mall culture. But I guess there is no escape.

And where else can we walk round and see the scenery in air conditioned comfort...drink good 10 baht coffee at the library...and read a book too if we want to. Park relatively easily and enjoy the great market at the front a few days a week. Eat ahan "bolan" at the hidden food court, enjoy music from two bands free ( one very good and one good) and be greeted by eveyone with a smile, and if they haven't seen you for a few days a question about how you are.

That's right Frank, no escape.

Incidentally, do you have any connection to Frank James other than avatar name and photo?

One of my great-grandfathers, who had been a Mosby guerrilla in Virginia, became a horse dealer in St. Louis after the war and knew Frank James quite well in the 1880's not long after Jesse was shot in the back by Robert Ford, then a guest in the house - "The dirty little coward who gunned down Mr. Howard, and laid poor Jesse in his grave" as the old song says.