Affordable 3G sim for less than 7 days

darkcurves

Hi everyone, my name is Jason and i'm from Kuala Lumpur. I'll be visiting Thailand in December and it will be my first time. I'm extremely excited about it. However, i use my Whatsapp and Line(for calls) very often with some people therefore i need to be able to use while in Thailand. It would be great if someone can suggest a sim with good reception (at least EDGE) and below 300bht. I'll be visiting HAATYAI,BANGKOK, KANCHANABURI and AYUTHAYA. If it's possible to buy this online and delivered to my house in Malaysia will be even great because i'll be using the train to visit Thailand and not sure if will be able to visit a phone shop. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I'm using Lenovo P770 which only supports HSDPA 2100. smile.png

DTAC/Happy have a 2100 MHz 3G network, they may have the widest deployment of that frequency as of today. They have a 199 baht/7 day/ 1 GB mobile data plan.

When out of 2100 MHz range you would fall back to GSM1800 for voice and data.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

AIS/One-2-Call also have a 2100 MHz 3G network, they have a 249 baht/7 day/1 GB mobile data plan.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/th/smartphone-package.aspx?package=Extra-Package#tips

Whaen out of 2100 MHz range you would fall back to their GSM900 network for voice and data.

You can buy a SIM, add value, subscribe to a mobile data plan. You could do this at the airport (Suvarnabhumi/BKK), where DTAC and AIS have shops on level 2/Arrivals just outside Customs, or at any one of a gazillion convenience stores or mobile shops.

Lol

Dtac has by far the worst 3G coverage

True corp has the best coverage

AIS is second place

Loma, pls send my regards to Eddie when u meet him next

DTAC/Happy have a 2100 MHz 3G network, they may have the widest deployment of that frequency as of today. They have a 199 baht/7 day/ 1 GB mobile data plan.

When out of 2100 MHz range you would fall back to GSM1800 for voice and data.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

AIS/One-2-Call also have a 2100 MHz 3G network, they have a 249 baht/7 day/1 GB mobile data plan.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/th/smartphone-package.aspx?package=Extra-Package#tips

Whaen out of 2100 MHz range you would fall back to their GSM900 network for voice and data.

You can buy a SIM, add value, subscribe to a mobile data plan. You could do this at the airport (Suvarnabhumi/BKK), where DTAC and AIS have shops on level 2/Arrivals just outside Customs, or at any one of a gazillion convenience stores or mobile shops.

AIS is second place

Unfortunately the OP's phone does not support 850 or 900 MHz 3G, so while I might normally recommend CAT/TrueMove H (850 MHz) first, in this specific case neither TrueMove H or AIS would be the first option.

According to their public statements, TrueMove H has only slowly been deploying 2100 MHz 3G - I think a lot of their focus has been on 2100 MHz LTE, and AIS to is a bit behind in 2100 MHz 3G deployment.

AIS is second place

Unfortunately the OP's phone does not support 850 or 900 MHz 3G, so while I might normally recommend CAT/TrueMove H (850 MHz) first, in this specific case neither TrueMove H or AIS would be the first option.

According to their public statements, TrueMove H has only slowly been deploying 2100 MHz 3G - I think a lot of their focus has been on 2100 MHz LTE, and AIS to is a bit behind in 2100 MHz 3G deployment.

Everyone knows DTAC has the worst 3G network by far. "Try-net" try as you may

Give my regards to Eddie

Edited by skippybangkok