Looking for an agreeable Thai consulate in Canada

From the Calgary Consulate

"" It is with a very heavy and sad heart that I must inform you that the Royal Thai Consulate-General is closing forever on Friday, August 30 2013. We have yet to find out why, but we have received a message from His Excellency, the Ambassador from Thailand, Udomphol Ninnad that Dr. Lacey is no longer the Honourary Consul-General in Calgary. Therefore, any future visas will have to be applied for at either Vancouver Consulate-General or the Thai Embassy in Ottawa "

Where can that information be validated?

The Calgary web site remains available and contains no messages of "Doom"

Go and look !

http://www.jrlacey.com/RTCC/index.html

"" It is with a very heavy and sad heart that I must inform you that the Royal Thai Consulate-General is closing forever on Friday, August 30 2013. We have yet to find out why, but we have received a message from His Excellency, the Ambassador from Thailand, Udomphol Ninnad that Dr. Lacey is no longer the Honourary Consul-General in Calgary. Therefore, any future visas will have to be applied for at either Vancouver Consulate-General or the Thai Embassy in Ottawa "

This is sad news. I found the staff there quite helpful and friendly.

The Toronto Consul rocks. The one thing to remember though is that no matter what they do they have to send the passports to either Ottawa or Vancouver to get them authorized.

Sounds to me like the best bet for you is take a trip to the EX-City of Champions and get it done there. Take a side trip to West Ed Mall with the family. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Fantasy suites were always a good place for ex and I to go to.

That does not say all honorary consulates are closing like you wrote in your first post.

Apparently Edmonton is still open as of 3 days ago from info in a post just before this one.

• Like 1

That does not say all honorary consulates are closing like you wrote in your first post.

Apparently Edmonton is still open as of 3 days ago from info in a post just before this one.

Just spoke to a friend on Skype this morning, Calgary Thai Consulate is closed. My friend drove to Calgary from 90 km's away last week and was informed by the Honorary Consul Generals secretary that Edmonton is the next closest option.

• 1 year later...

Returned from a one month trip to Canada last week. The reports of the Calgary consulate no longer open are true. The Edmonton consulate is the only Alberta option. I recommend calling their office to confirm hours of operation. I was there on Sep 23 and they had temporarily increased the operating hours, but they weren't updated on their website. It is also worth mentioning that this is an extremely friendly consulate.