THAI revamps ticket sales operations to boost revenue

webfact

I have nothing against Thai except they're too expensive. I can Fly with the likes of Etihad and BA at Christmas for 36,000 return to London. Thai were quoting 50k up. Even if Thai were the same price, I'd still choose the likes of Etihad.

You're supposed to pay for what you get in life, but with Thai you simply don't get what you're paying for. I can speak about economy only.

My ticket went down to 7 700 SEK about 36 000 THB from Copenhagen to Bangkok in Q class so I get full Star Alliance point. Its a 3 months ticket leaving the end of November.

They need to start with customer service from the Royal Orchid members, I tried unsuccessful for two days to call the customer service line, no answer as the line always busy. Wrote an email, no answer. Lodged my request to the receptionist at the Swampy Royal Orchid club lounge, no response. This year over 180,000 miles mostly on Thai and still treated like a lower class citizen......get your act together on customer service first Khun Kasemsuvan and the revenue will follow.

Okay, stupid question of he epoch, given the above ,what the heck are you doing still giving them your hard earned baht? Flew Thai once -crappy 747 LHR-BKK and it was from 'Back to the Future' land, I mean projection onto bulkhead screens? Subsequent back and forth has been via Cathay or Ethiad.

I just checked their flight from Bangkok to L,A. and was a bit confused.

The price for Premium Economy and Economy class were the same.

What is the difference in the two classes?

They might want to consider a little remodeling in side the planes. It has been quite a while since I flew first class or Business not sure if there is a difference Bangkok to Chiang Mai but it seemed as if the interior was a bit drab. kind of dated.

Since THAI no longer offer non-stop service to LAX, the cabin classes available depends on what type of plane is flying on each sector. Some flights have both sectors (via Incheon) using 777/300's whereas other flights use the 777/200 for the 'short' sector. The 'Premium Economy' seating (increased legroom) is a feature of only certain 777/300ER configurations and not at all in 777/200 configurations. You can always browse THAI's rather excellent website for flight details, plane types and seat configurations. Or, you may enter your flight number/date in seatguru.com and have a look there. Edited by NanLaew

They need to start with customer service from the Royal Orchid members, I tried unsuccessful for two days to call the customer service line, no answer as the line always busy. Wrote an email, no answer. Lodged my request to the receptionist at the Swampy Royal Orchid club lounge, no response. This year over 180,000 miles mostly on Thai and still treated like a lower class citizen......get your act together on customer service first Khun Kasemsuvan and the revenue will follow.

Okay, stupid question of he epoch, given the above ,what the heck are you doing still giving them your hard earned baht? Flew Thai once -crappy 747 LHR-BKK and it was from 'Back to the Future' land, I mean projection onto bulkhead screens? Subsequent back and forth has been via Cathay or Ethiad.

Answer to the stupid question of the epoch. THAI's 747's used on the twice-daily LHR runs have been significantly upgraded and refurbished since your last reported London flight and the projection screen went a few years ago.

Why would you fly TG when you could fly SQ? SQ may be a bit more expensive yet their service is way better. Both Star Alliance.

Depends on if you value frequent flier miles and which FFP you belong to. While a cheap fare on SQ might be attractive from a service standpoint, it likely won't earn full mileage in other *A programs.

Maybe review their pricing for one way. BKK to MEL, return 40,000B, one way 102,000B. If they had got it right they would have got 2 legs of a 3 leg trip. The prices have just changed again, but I had already booked elsewhere, Jetstar BKK - MEL, 27,000B in business.

The website for bookings and FF are pretty useless. They are not good for answering emails on the ROP side. Ring ROP select English and either get the call dropped, or get a Thai speaker.

Yep looking after the customers number 1 with Thai.

Cheers

It is very common for most airlines around the world to charge more for a one-way fare (usually a full Y or B fare) than for a discounted round-trip fare.