Bank money for marriage visa

I am on a marriage visa. My fixed retirement income is 27000THB/month, my Thai wife is a business owner with a steady 15000THB/month income and I have a bank account with 400000THB. I know that I am OK with all the requirements to keep my marriage visa now.

If I use all my bank money to build a house for her on her property with proof that I used my money on that, and in the future Immigration requirements changes and I need to show the bank money, will Immigration considered that I use that money in my wife benefit?, and take in consideration just our monthly income?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use the money, you lose the right to a visa extension.

She can get a home loan for 90% of the build in her name, using her business as buyer and your income and savings as guarantor.

SCB will do it, no problems. You will both be required to show bank books for the last six months, hers to show 15k being paid in for each of those months. Doesn't matter if it was spent each month.

That way your money stays in the bank for the visa extensions.

Everybody happy.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

You will only need to have the 400k in your bank for 2 months prior to renewing your extension, so you can use the money for the rest of the 10 months.

It may be wise to leave the money until the 30 day under consideration period has passed (2 months before application and 1 month after application is submitted.)

He has no way to replace the money in a timely fashion so if home construction is really a priority requirement it would be best to use loan money than remove what is needed for stay - quick cash might also be required for a real medical emergency at some point as poster is 67 now.

You will only need to have the 400k in your bank for 2 months prior to renewing your extension, so you can use the money for the rest of the 10 months.

But isn't the problem that once money is "used" it doesn't exist anymore?

I think more financial background is required. Advice about loans is inappropriate until a fuller financial picture emerges,

The "facts" (such that they exist) such that the OP is 67 and only had 400k Baht behind him, plus 27k Baht per month pension (?).

The inference is that he uses the 400k to build a house he will have nothing left. Suicidal! - I hope he has additional resources.

Everyone needs to take notice: As of August 31st, marriage visa holders need to show 800,000 baht, the same as retirement and or 65,000 per month deposits in your bank statements for 3 months prior to application, so you can use the money but have to make monthly deposits of 65,000 each month at least 3 months prior to reapplication, this came from Immigration main office in Bangkok and has been instituted throughout Thailand. I dont know the link but just to make sure I would check the Thai govern

ment immigration website

Edited by lopburi3
Totally false information

Everyone needs to take notice: As of August 31st, marriage visa holders need to show 800,000 baht, the same as retirement and or 65,000 per month deposits in your bank statements for 3 months prior to application, so you can use the money but have to make monthly deposits of 65,000 each month  at least 3 months prior to reapplication, this came from Immigration main office in Bangkok and has been instituted throughout Thailand. I dont know the link but just to make sure I would check the Thai govern

ment immigration website

There has been no change you are just spreading a baseless rumor.

There are things that have changed for getting visas in the UK that is all there is.

I always thought we needed 800,000 baht for a marriage visa, which is it???

The 800k number is for retirement extensions.

It is 400k for extensions based upon marriage to a Thai. Or income of 40k baht.

Can you not have 400,000 baht in the bank and proof of 32,500 baht a month income for retirement.

Same for marriage 200,000 baht in bank and proof of 20,000 baht a month income.

I have a retirement visa I was wondering if 200,000 baht in the bank and proof of 48.000 baht a month would work. No problem with guaranteed income now but if the government raised it and the baht got a lot stronger. I might have to resort to that.

Can you not have 400,000 baht in the bank and proof of 32,500 baht a month income for retirement.

I have a retirement visa I was wondering if 200,000 baht in the bank and proof of 48.000 baht a month would work. No problem with guaranteed income now but if the government raised it and the baht got a lot stronger. I might have to resort to that.

You cannot combine income and money in the bank for an extension based upon marriage.

You can do it for retirement but the total has to be 800k. Not the sum of 65k by 12 which is only 780k.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Everyone needs to take notice: As of August 31st, marriage visa holders need to show 800,000 baht, the same as retirement and or 65,000 per month deposits in your bank statements for 3 months prior to application, so you can use the money but have to make monthly deposits of 65,000 each month at least 3 months prior to reapplication, this came from Immigration main office in Bangkok and has been instituted throughout Thailand. I dont know the link but just to make sure I would check the Thai govern

ment immigration website

This is not true they have not changed the 400,000 to 800,00

For the op if you use the 400,000 and you fall short of a combined income of 40,000 a month your are up a creek no paddle ... Just a ride maybe to the airport . I strongly recomend against usig the 400k . As far as a home loan with SCB yes it can be done your wife will have to show 6 months of a 15,000 baht a month income . You ll also need a house plan done ......

There will also have to be a registered company that pays taxes on that money she earns .... If you go with a loan they will also hold the chanote on the land .

ment immigration website

This is not true they have not changed the 400,000 to 800,00

For the op if you use the 400,000 and you fall short of a combined income of 40,000 a month your are up a creek no paddle ... Just a ride maybe to the airport . I strongly recomend against usig the 400k . As far as a home loan with SCB yes it can be done your wife will have to show 6 months of a 15,000 baht a month income . You ll also need a house plan done ......

There will also have to be a registered company that pays taxes on that money she earns .... If you go with a loan they will also hold the chanote on the land .

SCB don't require to see tax paid on income, you can work self employed on a market stall or as a tuktuk driver, they don't care.

But they will visit the place of work and take photos, and photocopy your bank books.

What they really, really care about is you buying their life insurance policy, it costs about 5% of the loan.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

You cannot combine income and money in the bank for an extension based upon marriage.

You can do it for retirement but the total has to be 800k. Not the sum of 65k by 12 which is only 780k.

This is wrong too you can use a combine income of money in the bank and a income. to make the 400.000..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal . For a retirement visa it is 800,000 that can be combined from income and savings . I you have no savings and an income of 65,000 baht per month that will sufffice even though it doesnt add up to the 800,000......

I really wish people would read the laws and requirements before posting things that get everyones but puckered ........

• Like 1

This is wrong too you can use a combine income of money in the bank and a income. to make the 400.000..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes  . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal . For a retirement visa it is 800,000 that can be combined from income and savings . I you have no savings and an income of 65,000 baht per month that will sufffice even though it doesnt add up to the 800,000......

I really wish people would read the laws and requirements before posting things that get everyones but puckered ........

Screen shot of clause 2.18 of police order 777/2551. What does it say?

post-66997-13797551286436_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is wrong too you can use a combine income of money in the bank and a income. to make the 400.000..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal . For a retirement visa it is 800,000 that can be combined from income and savings . I you have no savings and an income of 65,000 baht per month that will sufffice even though it doesnt add up to the 800,000......

Totally wrong information.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal .......

Likewise should people take care to check wether laws may have changed before posting heathern-gone laws as facts of the day. It was only between 2006 and 2008 husband's and wife's combined income could qualify for an extension. The ex and I had two good years because by letting our company pay each of us 20,000 Baht a month we were both within the tax-free limit - which may have been why that option lasted so short.

• Like 1

..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes  . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal .......

Likewise should people take care to check wether laws may have changed before posting heathern-gone laws as facts of the day.  It was only between 2006 and 2008 husband's and wife's combined income could qualify for an extension. The ex and I had two good years because by letting our company pay each of us 20,000 Baht a month we were both within the tax-free limit - which may have been why that option lasted so short.
I think it was because some people were taking advantage of the rules by paying taxes on a bogus income for their wife. There could of been other ways of closing that loophole instead of dropping it entirely.

..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal .......

Likewise should people take care to check wether laws may have changed before posting heathern-gone laws as facts of the day. It was only between 2006 and 2008 husband's and wife's combined income could qualify for an extension. The ex and I had two good years because by letting our company pay each of us 20,000 Baht a month we were both within the tax-free limit - which may have been why that option lasted so short.
I think it was because some people were taking advantage of the rules by paying taxes on a bogus income for their wife. There could of been other ways of closing that loophole instead of dropping it entirely.

During that time it was not allowed to get the extension based on 400.000 in bank if you applied for first time.

The previous Police Order 606 says nothing about first or second time. All extensions required 400k in bank account 3 months, if using account method, but money could be either party or joint savings.

If the alien does not
have the minimum income
above, he shall have an account
deposit in Thailand in the name
of either party or both of not
less than Baht 400,000. Proof
of account deposit for the
previous 3 months is required.