Famous fighters training in Thailand

IrishIvan

Wow, that is cool. I would have liked to see GSP train. I wouldn't know how to find out about the schedule of a particular fighter except to go to their personal/team website. I know that one pretty good guy lives there full time, as they announce it when he fights. Can't remember who it is offhand, though.

Wow, that is cool. I would have liked to see GSP train. I wouldn't know how to find out about the schedule of a particular fighter except to go to their personal/team website. I know that one pretty good guy lives there full time, as they announce it when he fights. Can't remember who it is offhand, though.

Last fight I watched with him about a month ago there was tiger muay thai's logo on his banner. So I reckon they are sponsering him. I think its safe to say he will be back soon.

Junie Browning has spent some time in Phuket.

He's not famous but notorious.

He nearly got killed by some locals !

I heard quite the opposite. He belted some English Karon bar flies and according to the rumours they deserved it.

Then when they all ended up in the same hospital he continued to give another serve to one bar fly

I heard quite the opposite. He belted some English Karon bar flies and according to the rumours they deserved it.

Then when they all ended up in the same hospital he continued to give another serve to one bar fly

The story as I remember it, Browning started the fight by beating up a girl. The bar owner, a well known Australian aboriginal stirrer and his mates got involved and they all ended up in hospital including some of the girlfriends.

Browning started the fight again in the hospital. He later boasted about his exploits on facebook.

The story as I remember it, Browning started the fight by beating up a girl. The bar owner, a well known Australian aboriginal stirrer and his mates got involved and they all ended up in hospital including some of the  girlfriends.

Browning started the fight again in the hospital. He later boasted about his exploits on facebook.

Actually that rings a bell. I think you are right

This hero worship of violent thugs intent on knocking their opponent senseless is nauseating.

Time to do your homework boys-school tomorrow and you really need your allowance this week, don't you?

Violent thugs? Are you serious?

You are probably some fat slob that has trouble getting off the couch or bar stool.

Wouldn't know a thing about martial arts or combat sports.

---------

As for famous fighters who come out here? They are plenty every year.

Huerta basically lives and trains out here now. You guys guys like Ebersole coaching at Tiger in Phuket. Pat Healy and Matt Pierce were recently up at Team Quest in Chiang Mai. Golden Glory bought the old Scorpion Gym in Pattaya and have been training there before their fights in Asia, etc.

Most likely to run into them at the larger tourist gyms like PTT , Tiger, Team Quest, Fairtex, etc.

lol trolling fight enthusiasts. I suggest you try your hand at a little of this or that, even the sweet science, once you've spent spent a few cold rounds you'd appreciate it more.

It's the equivalent of trolling for those that enjoy watching a bit of leather being chased around, just smaller numbers

This hero worship of violent thugs intent on knocking their opponent senseless is nauseating.

Time to do your homework boys-school tomorrow and you really need your allowance this week, don't you?

You obviously know nothing about this sport. These guys are professional fighters and they generally don't fight outside of the gym/cage. I watch MMA and it makes me NEVER want to fight. I leave it to the professionals. And the professional guys leave it in the cage. Anybody who is raging in a bar or something isn't much of a martial artist and probably won't go far.

• 6 months later...

to say MMA is full of violent thugs is a little short-sighted.

yes, there is some pent up agression but at least they take it out in the ring/cage vs someone that has been training for it rather than smack someone senseless on the road.

I have been in investment baking for 18 years and have trained/figted for 10.

it is a noble art at its best.

well...thats the way i see it anyway