Bangkok - Phuket Flights

kingrichard

HI ALL,

JUST WONDERED IF SOMEONE COULD RECOMMEND ME A AIRLINE TO FLY FROM BKK TO PHUKET I JUNE, BASED ON:

1. PRICE

2. GOOD SCHEDULING (FLIGHTS / DAY)

3. RELIABILITY / CUSTOMER SERVICE.

IVE HEARD OK ARE CHEAP BUT NOT TOO RELIABLE (A BIT LATE ETC).

MANY THANKS

RICHARD

Well, My experience with Air Aisa wasted nearly 6 hours of my life, simply because of their lack of punctuality.

At BKK, We watched the same plane take off half empty, fly to Phuket half empty and come back to take us all down. I can't imagine why they didn't try to fill one aircraft.

Well, My experience with Air Aisa wasted nearly 6 hours of my life, simply because of their lack of punctuality.

At BKK, We watched the same plane take off half empty, fly to Phuket half empty and come back to take us all down. I can't imagine why they didn't try to fill one aircraft.

Agreed, Air Asia is hopeless imho.

Bangkok Air seems OK to me, slightly cheaper than Thai economy, and a reliable service. Seats can be a bit cramped though (and I'm only 62kg). Thai is better, but their website can be temperamental (and bloody annoying) and their reservation line often clueless.

If you ever want to splash out, pay THB 4000-ish for a business class seat on one of their 747 flights (only THB1000 more than cattle class). God knows why they run a jumbo jet on this short domestic route. It's actually very good.

Air Asia is the worst!!! Will never use them again. Gave them 5 chances but all those times they failed to have the flight leaving on schedule or even close to that. Best they did on those flights was 45 minutes delay. Other times they just cancel flights. Worst one was that their office on Phuket airport was selling me a ticket on a flight which in reality was already cancelled. (Buy ticket, walk down for check in; sorry that flight is cancelled, you are now booked on the next flight....)

For me it is now either Nok Air or THAI. At least those 2 are actually departing close to the scheduled time of departure.

I wouldn't fly with Air Asia again even if my life depended on it!

Last time I was in BKK I had to go back to Phuket in a hurry.

First I checked Thai Airways for their schedule....then I checked Air Asia's schedule....found out I could be in Phuket 2 hours earlier with Air Asia even their price was around 200 Baht higher! So I chose it....

But it was 3 hours delayed :o So I could actually have saved 200 Baht and 1 hour with Thai Airways. And also got some free refreshments! You have to pay for refreshments at Air Asia! :D

Now I ONLY fly with One Two Go (Orient Thai Airlines!) Very reliable, and 1,000 Baht cheaper than Thai Air and Air Asia! INCLUDING refreshments you only pay 1,700 Baht one-way! :D

Edited by barrelhead