Where's the optical logic ?

bobobo

Hi all Bm:s

Going to keep it short. Have had an eye operation. Need new glasses. Went to a Charoen shop. Saw a pair of nice frames. The lady said : if You buy these frames You get a pair of Oakleys sunglasses for free! They looked really cool.

So I said OK. I know that I'm rather careless, so I wanted to buy an extra pair as a back-up. She told me if I did that I wasn't going to get the Oakleys! So if I bought two pair of glasses instead of one pair no promotion I asked. She said : Yes. I said I buy one pair today and get the sunglasses and come back tomorrow I buy another pair OK? She said NO . I said You are losing business..no answer..You can imagine the rest of our conversation..bla,bla..like talking to a statue. Very annoying but I was polite and calm., because this was mission impossible that's for sure.

Now can anyone recommend a professional optical shop with a good selection of frames ?? Thanks in advance...

you can't let them do that

i would take a friend back to the store , take the deal you were offered then once you are concluded, watch the smile leave her face as you get your friend to buy the extra one you wanted

i did it once on a wine bottle deal in Friendship

they said only one deal per falang per day and i wanted x2 deals

i just asked another guy who was in the store and asked him to make the second purchase for me

the girl blurted out ''mafia!'' for circumventing the process with a little creative thinking

i simply smiled and thought never mind love, keep taking the tablets...

Edited by blackman
  • Like 1

Is it not enough just to take the deal on offer? Why do people feel that a deal or special offer has to be milked over and above what it's worth? There's taking advantage of an offer, then there's taking the Michael.

i liked it so much i wanted two and got it

call me greedy or opportunist

who really cares?

• Like 1

Make the purchase for the deal, get your free pair of sunglasses. Once you get your glasses, should take a few days, come back a few days latter and buy your second pair. What are they going to do you will already have your first pair and the free sunglasses they can't take them back.

Go back again in a couple days and get a 2nd pair of glasses and another free pair of Oakleys simple. If they keep track of your name take a friend and give him your prescription. One optical company in TLand has an offer from time to time of buy one pair get one pair free. Unfortunately the free pair is the frames only pony up for the lenses.

Someone explained to me once that when they do this promotions, where they

limit the amount per person, it is because they offer only a small amount of

product and they want as many people as possible to have the chance to

try it, in the hope that then they will become repeat customers at non-promotion

prices.

In the OP case, it might have made sense that the second pair of normal glasses

did not get the free sunglasses, but to say that buying two pairs, no sunglasses

at all... well, Thai logic I guess rolleyes.gif

Make the purchase for the deal, get your free pair of sunglasses. Once you get your glasses, should take a few days, come back a few days latter and buy your second pair. What are they going to do you will already have your first pair and the free sunglasses they can't take them back.

That's far too easy... it's better to come on here for a good whine and complain.. rolleyes.gif

totstersmile.png

Not a big problem really was just a little surprised..where I come from You get a discount the more You buy. Not a discount if You buy less..:)Thanks for the advices... I'll "see" what I can do...

But not in Thailand mate.

You never seen the socks 1 pair for 30 baht, 3 pair for 100 ?

• Like 1

That's far too easy... it's better to come on here for a good whine and complain.. rolleyes.gif

totstersmile.png

I didn't see the OP whining. What I saw was the exposing of the inconsequential deal on offer.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

totster:)

I didn't see the OP whining. What I saw was the exposing of the inconsequential deal on offer.

I say whine... you say expose..

totster smile.png

Why is it inconsequential? I think it's quite common, also in the west, with a clause like "offer limited to xxx per customer".

Agree with the limited offer, so in the west it would be like this.

Buy one pair of frames, get a free one pair of Oakley sun glasses.

Buy two pair of frames, get free one pair of Oakley sun glasses.

Only in Thailand it's buy two pair of frames, lose the free sun glasses you earned on the first purchase.

Brummlebob,

You right. That's what happened. I was not out fishing for an extra pair of sun glasses. But i went to another branch and

found what I liked, And got a better deal and service both concerning a pair of sunglasses as a promotion(Oaklys) and price for my two glasses with the very special lenses I need. So cased closed. Thanks for Your help...