Donate To Aids Victims

wannascuba

Hello,

I will be spending one month in Thailand, and would like to know how I can donate money, gifts and volunteer time to help AIDS victims in the Bangkok and Chaing Mai areas. Are there AIDS Homes / Hospice in these areas.

Also, I have heard that some Thai family members will forget about their loved ones when infected with this disease? Is there any truth to this?

Thanks,

WS

Try a search on Wat Phra Bat Nam Poo in Lopburi Province. I may have the name totally wrong ut there is a fantastic monk there who started a centre way before people even said the word AIDS here in Thailand. He, would be a good person to talk to. And yes, last time I met him, relatives would not even come to collects the ashes of dead AIDS patients for fear of catching it!!!!!

Hello,

I will be spending one month in Thailand, and would like to know how I can donate money, gifts and volunteer time to help AIDS victims in the Bangkok and Chaing Mai areas. Are there AIDS Homes / Hospice in these areas.

Also, I have heard that some Thai family members will forget about their loved ones when infected with this disease? Is there any truth to this?

Thanks,

WS

You might check out Agape House in Chiang Mai. There are two Canadian missionaries (Avis and Roy) who run a house for kids with aids whose mothers have died.

More here:

http://www.aids2004.org/subpage.aspx?pageId=271

I have visited it twice and think it is a great project to make a contribution to. I've met volunteers from around the world who come and work a week or a month with the toddlers. I think it deserves whatever one can offer to help them out. Also, Avis and her husband are interesting people to talk with and find out how the system works (or doesn't) in Thailand.

Thank You very much for the informative replies, I will research the posted info further. My trip to Thailand will be around July 2006, and I can post my expierences and findings for those that are interested. And if any more want to add info to the subject, I will check for future posts.

Again, Thank You

WS

Thank You very much for the informative replies, I will research the posted info further. My trip to Thailand will be around July 2006, and I can post my expierences and findings for those that are interested. And if any more want to add info to the subject, I will check for future posts.

Again, Thank You

WS

There is a orphanage run by Father Giovanni a priest from Italy. He does some great work with these children who all have HIV Aids. The orphanage is located near Bang Chang. The URL for the orphanage :http://www.camillian-rayong.org/

I went to the orphanage last week and now they have 45 children there. When ever I go to see Father G and the kids I always feel greatfull and lucky that all I have is a few aches and pains from Old age. If you have the chance to visit this orphanage they will make you feel most welcome. This is a picture of Father G and some of the little ones.

post-19019-1145841288_thumb.jpg