Passport for my daughter.

I have a few questions about getting a passport for my British/Thai daughter.

1. I will be going to The British Embassy to sign paterity documents. The pice quoted is about 4000Bt. Is that x2 wife and I ?

2. I then have to book and take a domicile interview. Any ideas on waiting time/ price/ questions asked/ documents needed?

3. Do i submit the passport application on the day of the domicile interview?

4. What happened to the Brith Embassy Bankok website? It now shows a very poor Uk and Thailand site that is not as comprehensive as the old one.

I do not live in Bangkok, so i dont want to be travelling back and forth many times. Moreover, I would like to do all of the above in October when my daughter is not at school.

Any constructive input is appreciated.

Can not help too much, but I think the following questions may help those who can answer you question:

Was your daughters birth registered at the Embassy and you have a British birth certificate for her?

How old is your daughter?

I am assuming you are British Passport holder, on the page with your photo, Item(3); "Nationality/Nationalite(3)" does this say "BRITISH CITIZEN"? if not, what?

Were you born in the UK?

Are You the Biological Father/Mother?

Edited by Basil B

Did you get to this point by going through the steps on website for passport.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/applying/child

Did you download guidance notes shown on above page.

Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/136846/form-c2-notes.pdf.pdf

The total cost of passport for child will be £104.51/ 5,063 THB including courier fees.

You do need to register the birth to get the child a passport.

Birth registration info starts here: https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth/y

Cost is 105 pounds for registration and you can mail application.

Edited by ubonjoe

I have a few questions about getting a passport for my British/Thai daughter.

1. I will be going to The British Embassy to sign paterity documents. The pice quoted is about 4000Bt. Is that x2 wife and I ?

2. I then have to book and take a domicile interview. Any ideas on waiting time/ price/ questions asked/ documents needed?

3. Do i submit the passport application on the day of the domicile interview?

4. What happened to the Brith Embassy Bankok website? It now shows a very poor Uk and Thailand site that is not as comprehensive as the old one.

I do not live in Bangkok, so i dont want to be travelling back and forth many times. Moreover, I would like to do all of the above in October when my daughter is not at school.

Any constructive input is appreciated.

Hi I did my 2 kids of 10 and 8 about 3 months back I simply applied for british passport. No interviews never even registered them at the British emmbassy before. Staff there where very helpful I just emailed them proir as to confirm docos needed one visit and 4,800 thb per kid and 2 weeks later they both had uk passports....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Extra info:

I am a british citizen, and I am the biological father. My daughter is 7, so she falls into the old law. The paternity documents are needed because we were not married at the time of the birth.

Ok I was on the old law and same as u but we where married before thier birth 10 years back so yes your right you need that also...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Extra info: 

I am a british citizen, and I am the biological father. My daughter is 7, so she falls into the old law. The paternity documents are needed because we were not married at the time of the birth. 

That does change everything. I assumed marriage when child was born.

1. 1Which country was the child born in?
    Thailand

Change this answer

2. 2Who has British nationality?
    Father only

Change this answer

3. 3Were you married to the other parent when your child was born?
    No

Change this answer

4. 4What is your child’s date of birth?
    1 January 2006

Change this answer

You must register the birth according to the regulations in Thailand.

You can’t register your child’s birth with the UK authorities abroad. This is because unmarried fathers can’t pass on British nationality to a child born before 1 July 2006.

You may still be able to [apply for British citizenship for the child.

You may also be able to register the birth if you’ve married the other parent since the child was born. Contact your local British embassy to find out.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth/y/thailand/father/no/2006-01-01

Edited by Basil B

• 1 month later...

Yes, you do not need to register his birth at the British embassy to get a British passport for him.

It is his Thai birth certificate which is the legal document, and consular registration does not replace this.