Drunken Russia tourists learn Bangkok lesson in manners

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when alcohol is involved there is not much you can do ...... I have seen very drunk brits , aussies , french , russians in Thailand ......

Being so drunk. Why were they not noticed at check in I thought drunks were not allowed on flights or is this not a condition with Russian flights.

They should have been thrown in the Bankok Hilton for couple days that would be a good lesson me thinks.

These might be the same men shouting obscenities and the Thai Consulate in Vientiane. My turn was next, and I detected a real coldness. This is why clerks in stores and waitresses in restaurant try to hide when farangs walk in.

It was on the Tarmac not in a bar or other place bit different and boarding a plane. I have been here many years never noticed any hiding when Falange show up.

How do you say som nam naa in Russian
off-ski

You say "tak tebe i nado" ( Tahk- teh-bEh ee nAh- doh)

Again, nationality and citizenship in Russia are two different concepts. Same as in Thailand. You can have sam chat but you cannot have chua-chat ( ethnic nationality). Those people are Turkic Bashkirs/Tatars. The fact that they have a Russian passport means nothing to Russians. They are only Russians to you.

There Muslim Turkic peoples have their own republics with parliaments but they are members of the Russian Federation. That is why you call the country the RF not Russia. And ethnic Russians are some 87% of the population. The rest are different Asian minorities. Not considered Russians in Russia.

You have the same in the UK albeit not formally. Yes, you can have a passport and be born there and people will call you British in your face. But if your name is Ibrahim Hattab Bin Abdurahman bin Habib or Swami Bubavabananda and you wear big turban, would you call that person an Englishman? Be honest! Politically correctly, yes. But behind his back, you will have a whole bunch of names for them. And an Englishman is not one of them. Same there but it's official there.

Okay, so some drunken Russia tourists were taught a lesson in manners by Bangkokians. Good.

Now, who can we get to teach some Bangkokians some lessons in manners? Such as:

1. Stop trying to rip off by scams the foreign tourists that apparently keep your economy afloat.

2. Stop taxi drivers from offering single male tourists women, men, boys, or girls in front of major Bangkok hotels.

3. Stop the need for bribery of police and officials.

In other words, if everyone in Thailand behaved the way most Thais do, there wouldn't be a problem. But the issues I mentioned, and other issues, put a blot on Bangkok and Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for them! Their names don't sound too Russians by the way...

What's in a name? Traditional Australian names are things like Benjara, Yarrah, Karruah etc but you generally hear of Smith, Ngyuen, Mustafa, Quan etc.

Nureyev doesn't sound Russian? Seriously, have you not heard of Rudolf Nureyev?

With all due respect to Rudolf Nureyev he was not an ethnic Russian. I mean he was Tatar by nationality. Majority of Russians believe that they are Orthodox Christians and of Slavic nationality. These two guys are Muslims and certainly they were pissed off to return to Russia and to give up drinking alcohol as among Muslims it is prohibited, as far as I know. Nowadays Muslims terrorize the rest of non-Muslim population in Russia. And police afraid to deal with them too, as they have money and connections to free almost anybody from prosecution. So, being almost aboard the Russian airplane they behaved the same way as they do in Russia. However, they were wrong. Thailand is not Russia.

You are full of it.

• 7 months later...

I've never seen Russians misbehave anywhere. As for other nationalities, I've seen plenty of misbehavior.

What do you call this logical fallacy?

I've not seen it. Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Never happened to me. Therefore, it doesn't happen.

You are full of it.

He's not. He's describing the Russian society and its racial system.

If in Australia, a Mustafa Ahmet Bin Abdul Khattab and a Nguyen Than Tran can be Australian ( at least on paper because behind their back people will call them all kinds of names- " Australian" is not one of them)

it does not mean that in Russia, such people can be Russian.

Or that in Japan, such a person can be Japanese.

How do I know? I've lived there. A very ethnic tribal country. Only white Slavic people with Russian faces and names can be Russian. Everyone else is just a foreign ethnicity who happens to be a political citizen of Russia. There's no hyphenation.

You can be a Greek Australian, but you can't be a Greek Russian. No such thing. Russian name, Russian face is required.

Edited by tambok17

Another Thailand security breach at the airport. No security issue discussed because Thais don't want to offend those valuable Russian tourists from Siberia.

Well the army have sent the BIB packing from Swampy for being "piss-poor" so Smoking & urinating on a tarmac in front of an airliner, yeah that could be an example of poor aviation policing or security.