Drunken Russia tourists learn Bangkok lesson in manners

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come cigarette and lighter able to pass through security check?.

Another Thailand security breach at the airport. No security issue discussed because Thais don't want to offend those valuable Russian tourists from Siberia.

Why is it a security breach?

Really, you think cigerettes and lighters are not allowed on planes?

Two thoughts. Firstly there's no way that I can condone the Russians behaviour, but how did they get through immigration and the departure gate and onto the tarmac.

Secondly how can Thai's teach manners, they don't have any.

I would venture a guess they had the same teacher as you.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Alcohol and/or drug induced bad behavior knows no national or ethnic boundaries.

About Alcoholics, the problems is in Russia much bigger than in Europe. While europeans have about 5% Alcoholics, Russia tends to 10%. So, with tourists it can be a big problem, like it happen to the swiss.

Two thoughts. Firstly there's no way that I can condone the Russians behaviour, but how did they get through immigration and the departure gate and onto the tarmac.

Secondly how can Thai's teach manners, they don't have any.

That is one of the biggest exaggerations I've ever heard ... and terribly bad manners. Actually, I find most Thais are gracious and very courteous ... from farmers to hi-so. You must hang out with a sleezy Thai crowd.

Over the years I've had several Thai girlfriends who are farmer's daughters, and yet they have fine grace and manners, and table manners of a rich girl who's been to Swiss boarding school. Granted, there are indeed some very crude and rude Thais ... but you'll find plenty of that type in pretty much every country.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

Good for them! Their names don't sound too Russians by the way...

these men are BASHKIR nations, the muslim republic . anyway they are Russians). I am shamed

I too would be ashamed if they where Polish. coffee1.gif

Oh and please stop BASH-KIR-err them folks, facepalm.gif

You are not included in this post StasD btw, just for all the other folks that have posted such Khrap about us Slavs with valid Passports and names NOT being native to the country of their Mothers and Fathers like mine, Brit Passport Holder, but with a Polish name.

A Polish refuge out of West Germany after the WWII, hence Win from Kan = Kanchanaburi.w00t.gif

Sawadee wai.gif

Many nationalities live in Russian Federation, they carry Russian passport, but Russian is not their native language, they are not Russian nationals, and they do not consider themselves Russian.

Not that it matters when they pee in the middle of airport tho.

If you are second or third generation Polish, living in England, you really are English, so not same thing.

Not that it matters when they pee in the middle of airport tho.

If you are second or third generation Polish, living in England, you really are English, so not same thing.

The Pee was on the Runway btw. and not in the middle of an Airport, just on the tarmac. I have seen lots of folks having a pee on the tarmac roads of Thailand. tongue.png

1st Generation from our Mother and Father. My age is 64 year old now, living in Thailand, and holding a Thai PR.

So yes, it is the same thing to me as all Slavs should always behave in a true and proper manner, just like we old farts use to do in our younger days.

Sawadee wai.gif

The Pee was on the Runway btw. and not in the middle of an Airport, just on the tarmac. I have seen lots of folks having a pee on the tarmac roads of Thailand. tongue.png

Sawadee wai.gif

True. And since the guy had good manners, and didn't even unzip in public, technically nothing happened, he never really peed on a plain or tarmac.

smile.png

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

Most drunken flight passenger’s don’t get the length of the tarmac mainly they are not allowed to board the plane, and I have read some ware about people being barred from flying because of disruptive behaviour on flights.

This is quite a point and without doing anyone an injustice i wonder if with the Thai avoidance of confrontation they were allowed through the airport on the hope that someone else would take the decision to stop them. it would be easy to leave it all up to the airline staff if they were in fact prepared to make the decision.

There used to be a system, and I presume it's even more sophisticated nowadays, that anyone who caused trouble before boarding or inflight and especially those banned by an airline could be put on an international website and nformation on them was available to any airline with whom they tried to book a future flight. The airline could then decide wether or not to accept the booking.

• Like 1

Replies to the above:

Names don't sound Russian

The names are Turkic/Tatar. When the Russians moved into Siberia/Urals they conquered all these Tatar/Turkic tribes and when they registered them they added ev/ov/in to the name. So, Mohammed Ibrahim became a Mr. Mohamedov.

What's in a name.. in Australia

In the politically correct, immigrant country as Australia, there's nothing in a name. In an indigenous, non-immigrant and very ethnically obsessed country as Russia, everything is in a name. Those are Tatars or other Turkic peoples from Russia's Asian part. They are not ethnically Russian. Russia is not Australia- either you have a name and face like Putin or Medvedev, or you are not a Russian. Just a citizen of Russia of Turkic ethnicity.

• Like 2