Brit v Brit Bar Brawl over unpaid bill in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this story is not true? Why cant you just give us the name of the bar , want to see the old man swollen eye , if it exists.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/24/bar-owner-punched-by-a-british-tourist/

PATTAYA- September 23, 2013 [PDN]; at about 3 AM police received reports of a tourist who denied paying the drink bill and punched the owner of the bar leaving him with a swollen eye and bruises around his body. The incident occurred at Big Easy bar located in Soi Bua Khao behind the Kasikorn bank.

Im inclined to think that Squeezer is telling the truth here, unfortunately this is the way many Thais operate in Pattaya, seems they made a mistake attacking someone that lives here rather then a passer through and hopefully they will pay for it

Can't disagree with this statement. The old German lady and English guy are obviously a front for a Thai cabal intent on ripping off falang drinkers who run tabs.

Squeezer should sue and open the can of worms that needs to be exposed. Hire a lawyer, Squeezer.

So this story is not true? Why cant you just give us the name of the bar , want to see the old man swollen eye , if it exists.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/24/bar-owner-punched-by-a-british-tourist/

PATTAYA- September 23, 2013 [PDN]; at about 3 AM police received reports of a tourist who denied paying the drink bill and punched the owner of the bar leaving him with a swollen eye and bruises around his body. The incident occurred at Big Easy bar located in Soi Bua Khao behind the Kasikorn bank.

I'd say Pattaya One News is probably more accurate about the name of the bar "Speak Easy", than Pattayadailynews naming it "Big Easy".

I know how it works, you buy a lady drink approx. 150 bath (containing red water), the lady use 5 sec. to finish it and then ask for another one, and one more until you tell her to get lost, all scam bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

ladydrinks are more expensive than your drink even if its same drink ..she gets a cut from each one drank .. its a scam , no getting away from it ..

Ladydrinks are a way for bargirls or boys to earn commission. That's why they're priced accordingly. If the girl/boy prefers not to drink alcohol how does that matter - you're paying for her company in the bar. No one is forced to buy ladydrinks. Calling it a "scam" is pretty stupid.

• Like 2

Ladydrinks are a way for bargirls or boys to earn commission. That's why they're priced accordingly. If the girl/boy prefers not to drink alcohol how does that matter - you're paying for her company in the bar. No one is forced to buy ladydrinks. Calling it a "scam" is pretty stupid.

Lol! Okay would you prefer rip-off? This business model depends almost 100% on the naiveté of the customers victims. I wonder why you're defending it.

• Like 1

Lol! Okay would you prefer rip-off? This business model depends almost 100% on the naiveté of the customers victims. I wonder why you're defending it.

I'm not defending it, I'm explaining it. If a customer wants to pay to have a girl sit with him in bar I would say it's his choice, and the price of a ladydrink in Pattaya or Bangkok compares very favourably with what he would pay for the same thing in a strip club in the US or UK/Europe.

• Like 1

well squeezer it sounds like you have wandered into a rip off bar, there are a few in pattaya + a

few go-go's that like to pad your bin, if you look like you've had a few,

its probably best to pay for every round as you get it, as recommended by other t v members

especially when its your first time in that bar, its a pity that we can't let our guards down but

there are just as many farang as Thais playing this game.

regards zoza.

Very brave of him to smack a 70 yo

We do not know the whole story being one of the owners a 70yr old they can be difficult to discuss things with. Lot of them still think they are still in their 30s.

And a good one for the immigration guys, the owners obviously working and probably no work permit for the bar.

• Like 1

I'd sure like to see the bill...

Either a very expensive bar or a pair with a remarkable capacity for alcohol.

Ever heard of lady drinks?

Ah, 'lady drinks'. The scam perpetrated by lowlife scumbags who rely on prey rather than customers?

Yes, I've heard of those.

You may have heard of them but you obviously know nothing about them or how the system works.

Elucidate then and spare your peers from this common method fraud.

Over the last 24 years of living and visiting Thailand, I can't recall not having a bin in a bar here. With 10 years of this time devoted to Pattaya, I can only remember maybe half a dozen times (it could have been a lot more than this) that my bin had been padded.

When that happened I would either never return or would insist on signing every bill, no signature, no pay policy which was accepted in most cases. Of the half dozen times I was ripped, six of these were in the go-go bars..........................wink.png

I know everyone has different experiences and also acknowledge Pattaya has changed over the years, but keeping a certain amount of focus on what you are doing doesn't spoil a night out and in most cases can stop things getting out of hand.

Just my tuppence worth...................thumbsup.gif