Phnom Penh; Manila or Jakarta?

Hi guys,

In about 10 days I need to get a tourist visa. I got here in July on 30 day visa exemption, coming from Europe, and made my four 15(14) day-runs, 2 in Chiang Khong, and 2 in Chiang Saen (Golden Triangle).

Passport is new, so has only the above mentioned stamps. A single entry would be enough, mid-end January, I had anyway planned a trip to Luang Prabang, on the return, I could stop a few days in Vientanne to get a multiple done.

So my first consideration was to fly to Phnom Penh, give to one of the agents, and that should be hassle free. I read they need 4 days, so I'll stay from Friday to Friday, that'll give them almost 5 complete days. I really would like to see PNH nowadays, as It has been almost 2 years I wasn't there. But with the current tensions, I'm not sure if it's a too good Idea. If things turn wrong, you might be stucked a week in a hotel room.

Second consideration, would be Manila. But Manila sucks, so if someone knows a reliable agent in Angeles, that would be fine as well. I'm just too lazy too make the trip too times to get there on Monday morning, and pick it up before leaving.

Third considering, would be Jakarta, but that's just a worst case scenario.

Vientanne I'll like to rule out, I'll be there anyway beginning next year.

Now to the paperworks. I guess for the bank statement, any printout of a recent online banking account will do it?

For the flight ticket, do you just book a flight, which you don't pay online, and after 3 days it will be canceled anyway by the airline? Eventually, I could book a fully refundable flight, which I get a receipt, and afterwards I let refund me. My next destination was actually a boat trip to Lao.

Same goes for the hotel?

I read in some other posts, some embassies might ask after your job? Need any paperwork for that. I'm living from my savings, but yet too young for retirement visa. My current bank account holds more than the 800K.

What would be the situation if you continue with visa exemption but by plane, are there any specific rules? Have still 300K miles :-)

Hope for some thoughts,

i hear u can get a double in Bali which is much nicer than Jakarta

Penang would be easiest/cheapest as u dont need a visa to enter, where as all the other u do ( so an added $20-25)

good inexpensive hotels an great cheap food an plenty to do while u wait for ur visa ( overnight only)

• Like 1

i hear u can get a double in Bali which is much nicer than Jakarta

Penang would be easiest/cheapest as u dont need a visa to enter, where as all the other u do ( so an added $20-25)

good inexpensive hotels an great cheap food an plenty to do while u wait for ur visa ( overnight only)

Will only need a Visa, if going to Cambodia, and that I'll do online, safes a page in the Passport, Manila is free, went 2 times last year, Indonesia as well, unless they changed something recently, it's a while since I was there last.

The 25$ Visa fee, comes cheap when considering a 2000TH cheaper airfare. I just don't want be there when riots start, or curfews and all this BS start, did we not see all this nonsens not too long ago?

For a double or triple is no need in the moment, as I'll be in Vientanne anyway in January.

A few years ago I flew right in to Clark its near angeles city Philippines & there are tons of travel agents; I use one that is near DAU bus station cause she knows me but there arte tons of places.. I signed all the paperwork & paid her everything and in a few days got my thai visa before I was ready to leave back for Thailand. She took my passport to the Thai embassy in Manila but , she has connections there & was in & out same day I think... another great option

• Like 1

A few years ago I flew right in to Clark its near angeles city Philippines & there are tons of travel agents; I use one that is near DAU bus station cause she knows me but there arte tons of places.. I signed all the paperwork & paid her everything and in a few days got my thai visa before I was ready to leave back for Thailand. She took my passport to the Thai embassy in Manila but , she has connections there & was in & out same day I think... another great option

That's good news, I thought so as well, but I did never pay attenion on travel agents while there. Thanks for that mate.