The BJJ thread

OxfordWill

Im not very good but i do enjoy judo and bjj. haven't done any judo for years now as i just don't know where to go (there are places with lots of kids but i want somewhere with a good crossection of ages) but try bjj when i can.

visited fairtex in pattaya when i was last there, where Jaoa Bosco is a black belt instructor from Brazil and is very good. hope he sticks around or if not they find a replacement if he does leave, as he mentioned maybe going to Dubai in october. i expect to be back there soon.

• Like 1

I train at Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket - I'm an MMA student but we work in a lot of BJJ moves. Head coach is Fernando Maccachero, a 4th Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Crezio de Souza, also holds a Brown Belt in Judo.

No BBJ events in Thailand that I've seen yet - we're off to BKK on 12th October for DARE (thai organisation for MMA) as one if our team are fighting if you are interested in that sort of thing.

• Like 1

There is a blue & white belt tournament fairly often, the last one was held at EMAC (Silom) with Ben Stark who I believe is also linked to the DARE stuff but Im not 100% sure.

I see other gyms also do them, I see the next one is at bkkbjj (sukhumvit)

https://www.facebook.com/events/520433118033940/

I also have tickets for DARE, should be good.

Does anyone know of Sunday open mat space anywhere in BKK? Its a good time for me but I can't find anywhere that offers apart from early Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...