Bringing 2 dogs from Australia to Thailand

My condolences. I had guessed when I saw this thread, that she had passed. How fortunate you were able to be with her and how relieved she must have felt to know you'd take care of her beloved dogs.

There is, unfortunately, no early screening tool for ovarian cancer yet, unlike cervical cancer. And often no symptoms in the early stages.

Re the Samoyed indeed a beauty parlor trim may make a big difference, have found it makes a huge difference for my niece's Pomeranian. And the Thai groomers have some very nice and attractive styles.

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah get it a haircut when it first arrives to help cope, then it should grow back thinner naturally.

There are a lot of husky type dogs here that cope without issue.

Funny enough the samoyed copes with hot days here in Oz better than the other one, fur also works as an insulator from the heat.

But, she is a girl and beauty parlor visit is a mustbiggrin.png, even at her age

$3,800 for jetpet. Must be on business class. I always go for the cattle class. Sighrolleyes.gif , Every dog had their day.

shipped recently two (big) dogs unaccompanied with Thai from Germany to India via BKK. freight cost € 4,195.34 (AU-Dollars 6,040) ermm.gif

How about taking dogs out of Thailand? I want to take my two back to the uk (Manchester) but am unsure of cost and reliable companies? Any suggestions?

To the UK is very complicated. You need to start more than 6 months in advance in order to avoid quarantine. There is a good summary here http://www.wikihow.com/Ship-a-Pet-to-the-UK (Thailand is an unlisted country)

And this is the official govt website https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-information-for-pet-owners#countries-and-territories

As you will see most of the complexity is stuff you have to do. Once you have done everything you need to the actual shipping is simple, and no need for a company, just contact the airline for their requirements and also Thai animal quarantine, who must issue a health certificate and export permit. They only issue that 5 days or less before departure but as they will refuse to issue if you are going to the UK and haven't done everything you need to to meet UK requirements, best to contact them early on. They are pretty knowledgable about the regs in various countries. http://www.dld.go.th/webenglish/move2.html#im4 Office is in the Cargo Terminal of Suvanabhumi airport.

Friends just brought their Border collie with them when they moved here. JetPets charged them $3,000AU.That was for 32 kg of dog and cage: from Townsville to Sydney and 2 days in Sydney...then BKK. On the same flight there cas a cat...6 kg with the cage....the Asian woman had paid $3500 from Melbourne.

I would say there is room for bargaining!

The usual delays at Thai Cargo is to be expected: allow another 2-3 hours to pick up your pet. They are kept in an air conditioned holding area.

10,000 baht for custom clearance

PM me for an agent who works in the Vet's office there.

Hi,

I'm bringing my 4 small dogs to Thailand from UK on 12th November. I've done all the paperwork myself and so far have found it relatively straightforward, thanks to a website called '8 miles from home' who have given step-by-step instructions.

I have just been issued with import certificates and the export certificates are on their way. I am flying with Eva Air and taking the dogs as excess baggage. They charge $45 per kilo, so quite reasonable I think.

The one thing that is really worrying me is, what are the chances of my dogs having to go into quarantine, even though they are in tip-top health and if they do, what are the conditions like?

Has anyone else had their dogs/pets quarantined?

Thanks Sharon

Hi,

I'm bringing my 4 small dogs to Thailand from UK on 12th November. I've done all the paperwork myself and so far have found it relatively straightforward, thanks to a website called '8 miles from home' who have given step-by-step instructions.

I have just been issued with import certificates and the export certificates are on their way. I am flying with Eva Air and taking the dogs as excess baggage. They charge $45 per kilo, so quite reasonable I think.

The one thing that is really worrying me is, what are the chances of my dogs having to go into quarantine, even though they are in tip-top health and if they do, what are the conditions like?

Thanks Sharon

All I can give you is my experience, which involved no quarantine. We flew our dog from Hong Kong on Cathay, and like yours, she came as excess baggage. We picked her up at one of the big steel doors right next to the luggage carousels inside the passenger bag claim area. (Make sure you're clear on which number door it is -- we waited an extra 30 mins because I was standing at the wrong door.) You have to show the papers and pay a few baht at the import desk before you can pick up, and a few more baht to get through customs (1,000?). Then you just wheel 'em straight on through.

So, there was no quarantine from Hong Kong. Can't imagine there would be from the UK, so long as all your vaccinations are in order, but you might just want to double-check.

I have not heard of anyone having to put a pet into quarantine here. The government office you will have to deal wit is called "animal quarantine" but don't be put off by that, they just issue the necessary import license .

The main hassles encountered come if the pets are not delivered in the baggage area but rather over in the cargo terminal, in which case customs officials will haggle with you for $$$. If you can, try to verify with the airline that the pets will be at the baggage claim area. Also, just in case you do have to negotiate with customs, be sure they are listed as mixed breed.

Also - try to arrive during normal government workingh hours if you can, i did hear once of a case where there was no govt vet on duty causing long delays.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks Sharon

All I can give you is my experience, which involved no quarantine. We flew our dog from Hong Kong on Cathay, and like yours, she came as excess baggage. We picked her up at one of the big steel doors right next to the luggage carousels inside the passenger bag claim area. (Make sure you're clear on which number door it is -- we waited an extra 30 mins because I was standing at the wrong door.) You have to show the papers and pay a few baht at the import desk before you can pick up, and a few more baht to get through customs (1,000?). Then you just wheel 'em straight on through.

So, there was no quarantine from Hong Kong. Can't imagine there would be from the UK, so long as all your vaccinations are in order, but you might just want to double-check.

Thanks, that's put my mind at rest a little

Edited by shaznay

I have not heard of anyone having to put a pet into quarantine here. The government office you will have to deal wit is called "animal quarantine" but don't be put off by that, they just issue the necessary import license .

The main hassles encountered come if the pets are not delivered in the baggage area but rather over in the cargo terminal, in which case customs officials will haggle with you for $$$. If you can, try to verify with the airline that the pets will be at the baggage claim area. Also, just in case you do have to negotiate with customs, be sure they are listed as mixed breed.

Also - try to arrive during normal government workingh hours if you can, i did hear once of a case where there was no govt vet on duty causing long delays.

Thanks

Not sure on other countries, but it seems all pets must go cargo from Australia.

Friends just brought their Border collie with them when they moved here. JetPets charged them $3,000AU.That was for 32 kg of dog and cage: from Townsville to Sydney and 2 days in Sydney...then BKK. On the same flight there cas a cat...6 kg with the cage....the Asian woman had paid $3500 from Melbourne.

I would say there is room for bargaining!

The usual delays at Thai Cargo is to be expected: allow another 2-3 hours to pick up your pet. They are kept in an air conditioned holding area.

10,000 baht for custom clearance

PM me for an agent who works in the Vet's office there.

Just sent you PM, 10 000 sounds reasonable compared to what i been quoted which was 32000facepalm.gif

• 4 weeks later...

we brought both our Aussie Border Collies via Jetpets and wasn't cheap that's for sure and they were off loaded twice so a bit of stress for them both but they arrived safely and delivered to us in Bangkok. That was a year ago now and we are expecting our first litter from our dogs in Pattaya. Didn't realise how much demand there was and how much people willing to pay. 30 000 baht per pup fingers crossed we will get our money back from the travelling costs a year ago that would be nice

post-136741-0-61157400-1383709857_thumb.

Edited by kirkieb