Eating A Big Meal Then Laying Down On The Sofa

Joey Boy

I've been told that if I eat a big meal then lay down on the sofa for 30 mins or so straight afterwards, it will make me fat. :D

Apparently your supposed to sit up after eating, or so some Thai doctor has said so on Thai TV. :D

Any truth in this? :o

I've been told that if I eat a big meal then lay down on the sofa for 30 mins or so straight afterwards, it will make me fat. :D

Apparently your supposed to sit up after eating, or so some Thai doctor has said so on Thai TV. :D

Any truth in this? :o

some say so that you put the fat easier on your body when you sleep after a lot eating. But it still depends on how much you eat in total.

Imagine you eat only once a day in the evening before you go sleeping, than all the day your body runs on save power mode and when you sleep it puts more stock because your body know that there is always a shortage.....

But everyone is different some can do it without problems other get chang size....

I've been told that if I eat a big meal then lay down on the sofa for 30 mins or so straight afterwards, it will make me fat.

well,well,well.

eating like a pig and wallowing like a pig will make you as fat as a pig.

never in a million years would i have worked that out for myself.

what an earth shattering discovery.

good job you were lying on the sofa watching tv when that doctor came on.

p.s.

lying down after eating will also cause the very acidic contents of the stomach to re gurgitate back into the oesophagus , which will eventually ulcerate and destroy the lining of the oesophagus which is not designed to be in contact with acidic juices.

Edited by taxexile

I've been told that if I eat a big meal then lay down on the sofa for 30 mins or so straight afterwards, it will make me fat.

well,well,well.

p.s.

lying down after eating will also cause the very acidic contents of the stomach to re gurgitate back into the oesophagus , which will eventually ulcerate and destroy the lining of the oesophagus which is not designed to be in contact with acidic juices.

I was laying on my back @ the time, u ever seen a pig do that? (actually u probably see it on a daily basis :o)

Anywayz, the reason I was asking..

In the western world they tell you to let food settle after eating, to put time aside for eating and not to eat on the move and all that.

The question wasnt really about if being a full time couch potato would make u fat, as it obviously would.

But merely that if u loaf about for a bit after eating which im sure most people do (hence the 30mins in the topic title)... Will it make any difference if your on your back or on yer ass? :D

I see it on a daily base....

One of my staff Thai, chinese genetic, if no boss is there, eats a lot and it looks like a big eating, and than he lay himself flat on the floor and sleep one hour.

He has the biggest face I ever saw and he is pretty fat.

At all his body looks like a pig.

But he tries to avoid any move of his body, even pick up the phone seems to cost to many power

well,well,well.

p.s.

I was laying on my back @ the time, u ever seen a pig do that? (actually u probably see it on a daily basis :o)

Anywayz, the reason I was asking..

In the western world they tell you to let food settle after eating, to put time aside for eating and not to eat on the move and all that.

The question wasnt really about if being a full time couch potato would make u fat, as it obviously would.

But merely that if u loaf about for a bit after eating which im sure most people do (hence the 30mins in the topic title)... Will it make any difference if your on your back or on yer ass? :D

5555 Again Thai Medical Wisdom.. and wishful thinking..and lack of gettin the botty out and doing something..rather than.. I think, I'm going to lie down until the feeling to do something goes away..

Hmmm.. it is total Kcal consumed.. not when, what, when you eat, sleep or sit..

An inactive lifestyle contributes to this cycle of weight gain....Nothing you don't know already..

I guess old essan wisdom.. for weight loss.. add Kee Kwai to your meals. and you'll drop kilos fast.

5555 Again Thai Medical Wisdom.. and wishful thinking..and lack of gettin the botty out and doing something..rather than.. I think, I'm going to lie down until the feeling to do something goes away..

Hmmm.. it is total Kcal consumed.. not when, what, when you eat, sleep or sit..

An inactive lifestyle contributes to this cycle of weight gain....Nothing you don't know already..

I guess old essan wisdom.. for weight loss.. add Kee Kwai to your meals. and you'll drop kilos fast.

I thought the issan wisdom is: invest the 30 baht in lao kao instead of food, after 1 or 2 bottles the you can not eat anything anymore (your hands can not find your mouth anymore) and in the next morning your are not hungry (actually lao kao has minus calorie, as it cause you to take previous eaten food out of your mouth instead of taken in something')

"actually lao kao has minus calorie"

That's right, folks, "negative calories"...and it's not even April Fool's Day.

To prevent gaining weight, you can try some exercising...try pushing yourself away from the table.