Immigration offices in Bangkok?

Hello...

I am in Bangkok and I need to a do an extension on a tourist visa and I hate waiting in lines for a long time; when I was in Chiang Mai I sometimes had to wait 4-5 hours. How's the situation in Bangkok? Is it less hassle? Could someone tell me which immigration offices are the least crowded? I can travel anywhere in the city, I just don't want to be at the Immigration office for a long time...

Thanks for your tips.

The only place it can be done is immigration at Chaeng Wattana (Jeng Wattana is more like how you pronounce it).

Easiest way is to take BTS to Mo Chit (last station) then take a taxi from outside to Chaeng Wattana Soi 7 (Jeng Wattana Soi Jet).

Make sure the driver takes you right into the immigration complex and doesn't dump you out front, on the motorway or even right at the start as it's a bit of a drive from there to get to the right building.

Cheapest way is by public buses or mini vans (apparently they leave from Victory Monument but I couldn't find out where exactly and it's simpler to do BTS then taxi).

From Mo Chit to Immigration only takes 15-20 minutes if no traffic. Last trip I went mid week around 11:30am and was there in no time. Arrived just after they closed for lunch though (12-1pm) but was still out before 3pm.

I've never spent as long as 5hrs.

The only place it can be done is immigration at Chaeng Wattana (Jeng Wattana is more like how you pronounce it).

Easiest way is to take BTS to Mo Chit (last station) then take a taxi from outside to Chaeng Wattana Soi 7 (Jeng Wattana Soi Jet).

Make sure the driver takes you right into the immigration complex and doesn't dump you out front, on the motorway or even right at the start as it's a bit of a drive from there to get to the right building.

Cheapest way is by public buses or mini vans (apparently they leave from Victory Monument but I couldn't find out where exactly and it's simpler to do BTS then taxi).

From Mo Chit to Immigration only takes 15-20 minutes if no traffic. Last trip I went mid week around 11:30am and was there in no time. Arrived just after they closed for lunch though (12-1pm) but was still out before 3pm.

I always go with the Thai wife in case of any problems and find it cheaper from central BKK to take a taxi all the way. Certainly cheaper than 2 BTS tickets plus taxi from Mo Chit.

Should not take you much time at all. You can get photos and the required passport & visa copies made very cheaply on the basement floor below, they know what's needed.

Edited by Bpuumike

If you at Chaeng Wattana little before 08:30 so your there to get you number when they open, for me it "normal" take 20-40 min. That for 90 days ED-Visa extension i do.

The few times i come later i have take 2.5-4 hours.

Do your paper work before coming there to speed things up.

Edited by willynoone

I always go with the Thai wife in case of any problems and find it cheaper from central BKK to take a taxi all the way. Certainly cheaper than 2 BTS tickets plus taxi from Mo Chit.

Should not take you much time at all. You can get photos and the required passport & visa copies made very cheaply on the basement floor below, they know what's needed.

My taxi out there last time was only 90B and 110 or 120B on way back. Plus 20 or 25B each way on BTS from where I live to Mo Chit plus beats waiting in traffic.

Suppose if you go really early you can avoid traffic.

Wow that was more efficient than in Chang Mai. I got on line at 12:45 and was out by 1:30. Would've taken four hours in CNX.

They close for lunch between 12-1pm and by that point there's usually a backlog of people still waiting since the morning so would be surprised if your times are correct.