Only Ubon Ratchathani store flooded: Tesco Lotus

webfact

FLOOD IMPACT
Only Ubon Ratchathani store flooded: Tesco

The Nation

30215719-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tesco Lotus announced on Thursday that despite floods in over 20 provinces, only the Ubon Ratchathani store has been so far affected.

In a statement, it said many stores now have taller protecting walls and improved water pumping equipment in the wake of the 2011 floods.

"Over the past two months, Tesco Lotus has closely monitored the flood situation and has prepared detailed contingency plans, such as maintaining stocks of essential items such as noodles, tinned fish and garbage bags. Backup distribution plans have been developed to ensure products are delivered to customers in difficult situations, such as enabling vendors to deliver directly to stores, and using alternative routes to avoid flooded areas," it said in the statement.

To Tesco Lotus Corporate Affairs Director Salinla Seehaphan, in the current flood situation, Tesco Lotus' top priorities are to keep stores open for customers and maintain adequate stocks of essential products. This week, the company also extended assistance worth over Bt450,000 to affected communities in the five provinces of Si Saket, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri and Saraburi. This assistance to communities will continue.

During the great flood of 2011, Tesco Lotus staff were universally praised for their efforts in supporting their communities by keeping stores open and keeping them stocked with food and other essentials.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-26

It must come as an awful shock to the elite to see a Western approach to this tragedy - helping out and giving financial assistance - rather than the Sino-Thai approach of priofiteering and screwing their neighbours in their misfortune.

Well done Tesco-Lotus.

• Like 2

It must come as an awful shock to the elite to see a Western approach to this tragedy - helping out and giving financial assistance - rather than the Sino-Thai approach of priofiteering and screwing their neighbours in their misfortune.

Well done Tesco-Lotus.

awe your no fun at a\\

Well done Tesco-Lotus.

What is wrong with screwing your neighbour?

That is why I am still in Thailand coz now we have a daughter

BANGKOK: -- Tesco Lotus announced on Thursday that despite floods in over 20 provinces, only the Ubon Ratchathani store has been so far affected.

But it doesn't say to what extent the Ubon store has been effected!

I've run out of pancake-mix for my waffle maker and it's only that Tesco store that have the ready made mixture - if that store is now closed, I'm sorry but I'll have to resign from TV's Happy-Chappy clubfacepalm.gif

During the great flood of 2011, Tesco Lotus staff were universally praised for their efforts in supporting their communities by keeping stores open and keeping them stocked with food and other essentials.

FWIW, back in the big floods in BKK, the Tesco Super Stores around where I live were pretty much out of many many essentials during the floods and even for long after....

Maybe they're doing better now...but back then, their supply chain into BKK was terrible.

Back then, I don't know if it was that people were hording what little was available, or they weren't getting supplies into their stores. But their shelves were often bare.

I must say... corporate PR is a wonderful thing...especially when masquerading as news. whistling.gif

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The Lotus on Chayangkun Rd., which is the one pictured in the article, is NOT flooded. This article came out yesterday and I was there twice yesterday and the day before. Phibun, Ubon is flooding but I don't know if it's hit the small Lotus there or not. There's also a Lotus in Warin but I'm pretty sure that isn't flooding either.

Edited by ubonrthai