Alkohol

White Christmas13

So I guess I become an Alcoholic according to the doctors

I drink every day not in the morning but in the afternoon

So that makes me an alcoholic I guess. I am here for help ok?

Don't give me all the crap

I just want to know how to stop this without going to AA

Is there any way of stopping me to drink?

Langsuan is right. Just quit. I quit alcohol 38 years ago. The reason was simple. I watched an 18 year old healthy kid drink himself to death. Other reasons was cost. I can go to a bar with friends and drink 7 Up or something like that and still have fun.

Since then I have noticed there are two kinds of people. Those that don't want to quit and won't and those who want to quit and do.

Alcohol is addictive no doubt. But the human brain is much stronger than we believe. You can overcome anything that threatens your life. If a person allows a substance to control their life then that is a flaw in their sense of survival.

You either quit or you don't but you must have the desire to quit.

Start by having drink free days I started with two drink free days a week now I only drink one day a week and surprisingly I might only have one or two beers or a couple of scotches on that day where as before I could quite easily downed half a dozen beers or half bottle of spirits every day. When I took my girl friend to lunch I would always order large beers now I drink water with my meals. As the other posters have said it is up to you you have to really want to change your life, if I can do it anyone can, good luck in your struggle

Edited by pitchag

I drink a lot, but since the year 2000, no alcohol for the month of January and planned dry weeks during the year. I found the first 3 or 4 nights the hardest when I first stopped. Could not sleep. Now when I plan a drink free period, I like the sleepless first night or 2 and use it to read or catch up with a television series.

I don't miss the drink at all when not drinking but it is a mind set and you need to do something else if you normally sit and drink in a pub. Get a hobby.

Prior to 2000, I thought the drink was helping me sleep, it was for the first 4 hours or so, then I was likely suffering withdrawal symptoms and it would wake me up. That changed completely after the first few dry spells and now sleep well all the time with exception of a night or 2 max. at the start of a dry spell.

It works the same way with any addiction. Right now it has control over you because you let it. Make up your mind and realize that you are much stronger than that and you are supposed to be the one in charge, not otherwise. Also it is very important to figure out the reason why you drink everyday. Otherwise you are not going to be able to beat it.

Hi. Now and then I do think that I need a break from alcohol. Then I use the pills "Alcobuse". If you take a pill 500 mg, thats what is normally for sale in Asia, then I cant drink alcohol for up to five day.

IF I DO; I WILL GET ILL.

Normally I only need the first pill, from then on I can handle it by my self, big boy :-D as I am.

If you choose the Alcobuse solution, its very very important that you read about before you start. Use google, use the words "stop drinking alcobuse".

Many people are against that system, saying its dosnt cure you if you are an alcoholic, and that is true. But it can help me, and you too, to stop drinking or take a break.

For me it helps me to start dropping the alcohol for a chosen period of time.

At the moment I am drink five beers a day, and feeling OK about it.

Just my thoghts. Good luck.

Edited by Cambo One

If you choose the Alcobuse solution, its very very important that you read about before you start. Use google, use the words "stop drinking alcobuse".

Many people are against that system, saying its doesn't cure you if you are an alcoholic, and that is true. But it can help me, and you too, to stop drinking or take a break.

If your problem is the drink, then Alcobuse sounds like a great solution.

For me, stopping drinking was pretty easy, but being happy about it wasn't. Turns out that I drank for a reason (several actually), and when I would quit, life snuck up on me and I was miserable. That all changed when the folks in AA showed me how they replaced drinking with other ways of dealing with life's problems.

It was a life changer- for the better. For me anyway.