Gas Bottle Refills

angrybird

I have a cooker gas bottle, which no place seems able to exchange for a full one. Well, they will exchange it but the fitting for the connector is wrong. I live near Bang Saray, post-183772-0-11196400-1380312684_thumb.post-183772-0-23292200-1380312713_thumb.post-183772-0-06047100-1380312657_thumb.

Please see the pix and kindly advise where I might exchange for same, or perhaps refill on site.

Thank You

Try Kano Talo gas half way up on the left opposite a huge yellow tower crane .

On a safety note the fitting you photographed the blue plastic is not suitable for gas please change foe brass gas fitting I would hate to hear of a gas explosion in bang saray

Or as previous post change the cylinder few bob save your life

On a safety note the fitting you photographed the blue plastic is not suitable for gas please change foe brass gas fitting I would hate to hear of a gas explosion in bang saray

TVM prompt response

Please advise little more detail on location of Khalo Gas

The blue/red fitting is metal,in line with it is also a safety "switch", I believe (hope/trust) it is a quality fitting.

post-183772-0-26470000-1380324185_thumb. sorry bad pic

Edited by angrybird

By the time you've spent the gas/diesel trailing back forth to Khaotalo you might just as well get a replacement locally - if they say there is something wrong they may well be right, and even if they are trying to con you its only going to be a few hundred baht for a proper connector/regulator.

Filling Connetor problem....

I had the same problem, the local gas supply shop delivered a bottle with the small fitting (picture on the right),

requiring the delivery man to return to the shop and get a bottle with the larger fitting (Pix in the left).

So, I went to the shop and learned the term they use for the large fitting: waa yai

Now, when I phone them I indicate I need 'gas, x-liters, waa yai' and provide my address.

Delivery man arrives with a bottle with the correct fitting; I give him my empty bottle and everyone is happy.

Edited by LukDod

• 3 weeks later...

I have an old American BBQ gas bottle that got with used BBQ I bought. Wonder if possible to refill such anywhere in Pattaya or better just get a new local one?

TVM prompt response

Please advise little more detail on location of Khalo Gas

The blue/red fitting is metal,in line with it is also a safety "switch", I believe (hope/trust) it is a quality fitting.

attachicon.gifgas4.jpg sorry bad pic

I have an old American BBQ gas bottle that got with used BBQ I bought. Wonder if possible to refill such anywhere in Pattaya or better just get a new local one?

Which type are you talking about ?

post-10942-0-02878200-1382238325_thumb.j Or post-10942-0-50886500-1382238363.jpg

In either case probably just better to buy a Thai one and they should be able to adapt the hose to fit your grill.

I wouldn't take the chance of them trying to adapt the larger one (usually referred to as a 20 lb tank) and the smaller "Coleman" style for portable grills definitely cannot be adapted or filled here

it's the one on the left, the smaller grey one.

I think the actual thread for the connection is same, so practically refilling would not be an issue. The guy in gas shop said

it is against law to refill bottles other than the "official" ones.

Anyway, bought a local bottle and pressure control valve. Now have a spare US style bottle...maybe convert it into a chair or something...

Which type are you talking about ?

attachicon.gifGas Bottle.jpg Or attachicon.gifcoleman.jpg

In either case probably just better to buy a Thai one and they should be able to adapt the hose to fit your grill.

I wouldn't take the chance of them trying to adapt the larger one (usually referred to as a 20 lb tank) and the smaller "Coleman" style for portable grills definitely cannot be adapted or filled here