Does 90 day reporting via mail still works?

jiangaq

This is not a business matter, nor general matter, phone callers are only interested in the business reply outline, and not in the name of the phone talker.

But you can do so if you want, it is a private matter.

I understand what you are trying to say, but in my experience getting a name when talking on the phone to anyone can save you a lot of hassle. It is a private matter indeed and one that has stood the test of time well. If you ask to whom you are speaking, they are only too pleased to say Lt Col XXX or Captain XXX. At least you know you are talking to someone who will probably give you the right information, but being Thailand even that isn't a guarantee.

this is a confusing thread, with all the cross talk, specualtion and banter. Let me get a couple of matters straight in my mind............

1] so they are now accepting mail in 90 day reports again??

2] from anywhere in CM or from outlying areas only?? is Doi Saket outlying enough?

this is a confusing thread, with all the cross talk, specualtion and banter. Let me get a couple of matters straight in my mind............

2] from anywhere in CM or from outlying areas only?? is Doi Saket outlying enough?

The thing is JDG, people say they phoned CMI and were told blah blah etc, but they cannot actually tell you who gave them the info. Until I hear from someone quoting that Lt Col or Sgt X said so, or shows it in writing, I remain doubtful,

If someone else wants to be the guinea pig up to them.

BTW you OK now? smile.png

The thing is JDG, people say they phoned CMI and were told blah blah etc, but they cannot actually tell you who gave them the info. Until I hear from someone quoting that Lt Col or Sgt X said so, or shows it in writing, I remain doubtful,

We need either somebody to go to immigration with a headcam and ask the top ranked official to swear that it is possible to do 90 day by post, or failing that to have someone who has done it in no more than the last 36 hours to provide photocopies of all documents, including their passport, and an affidavit witnessed by a lawyer approved by the Thai government to say that he is of sound mind and has no known criminal record. That may leave some room for doubt, but should be accepted by most people here, I think.

We need either somebody to go to immigration with a headcam and ask the top ranked official to swear that it is possible to do 90 day by post, or failing that to have someone who has done it in no more than the last 36 hours to provide photocopies of all documents, including their passport, and an affidavit witnessed by a lawyer approved by the Thai government to say that he is of sound mind and has no known criminal record. That may leave some room for doubt, but should be accepted by most people here, I think.

Well it won't be you will it? laugh.png

snapback.png

Since you live in town, will you volunteer to go there personally and get a substantive answer from a senior officer to post on TV Chiang Mai? As you know, now it is really a snap to get one done personally at the office if you are mobile, but it would be very helpful to get an accurate fix on mailing reports for those who really have trouble getting there. Will you do that? If willing, then many thanks! I have been too forgetful to do it!

"No. Not only am I lazy but I'm also severely lacking in a sense of community spirit. I am honest though, and fully aware of my faults".

1. I've seen enough to believe that it is possible. I saw them processing some when I was at immigration in August, and others have said it's possible since then.

2.I live in town and have done it before, 3 or 4 times, so I don't know where the idea of it only being available to out-of-towners came from.

Believe what you want to believe and if you don't have enough information from what's been said here, do it at the office. By all accounts that's no longer such a bad experience.