LitUK test

Hello all, I,m hoping someone can answer my question.

My wife is here on a 2 year settlement visa, with a view to remain here.to qualify for ILR i know she has to pass the lituk test,

My question is= If she cannot pass this test before her two years is up, can she still work here in the uk, can we apply for another visa, or will she sent back to thailand.

We have been married 4 years, and after 3 years we went back to the uk for my job.I,m a self employed builder, with my own house and have good accounts to show

Hi your wife could apply for Further Leave to Remain and when she passes her English B1 and Life in The UK tests she can apply for ILR there would be no need to wait for the FLR to run out, If you need to apply for FLR you can apply in the last 28 days of her current settlement visa or earlier if you really wanted to. If you apply by post the cost would be £578 or if you would like to apply in person it goes up to £953 (How they justify such and increase god knows)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/formflrm1020091.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

Hi your wife could apply for Further Leave to Remain and when she passes her English B1 and Life in The UK tests she can apply for ILR there would be no need to wait for the FLR to run out, If you need to apply for FLR you can apply in the last 28 days of her current settlement visa or earlier if you really wanted to. If you apply by post the cost would be £578 or if you would like to apply in person it goes up to £953 (How they justify such and increase god knows)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/formflrm1020091.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying

Hello Moprang, thankyou for your reply, Thats a great answer for me to hear,as I didnt know this.

But can my wife still work as usual on this flr visa

Yes, she can work with FLR as the spouse of a British citizen/resident.

As she comes under the rules in force before the changes last July, her FLR will be valid for two years (though as MaprangHolmes says, she can apply for ILR once she has satisfied the language requirement) and there is, at present, no limit on the number of times she can apply.

However, she will have to pay the fee, which will increase each year, every time and there have been rumours floating around for some time that the government are thinking of putting a limit on the number of FLR applications someone can make.

Remember, too, that, as hinted at by MaprangHolmes, from 28/10/2013 as well as the LitUK test she will also need to have achieved level B1 of the CEFR (or equivalent) in English speaking and listening.

See this topic.

Yes, she can work with FLR as the spouse of a British citizen/resident.

As she comes under the rules in force before the changes last July, her FLR will be valid for two years (though as MaprangHolmes says, she can apply for ILR once she has satisfied the language requirement) and there is, at present, no limit on the number of times she can apply.

However, she will have to pay the fee, which will increase each year, every time and there have been rumours floating around for some time that the government are thinking of putting a limit on the number of FLR applications someone can make.

Remember, too, that, as hinted at by MaprangHolmes, from 28/10/2013 as well as the LitUK test she will also need to have achieved level B1 of the CEFR (or equivalent) in English speaking and listening.

See this topic.

thanks 7by7, for this answer.

one more question please if you dont mind,

My wifes certificate from adult school is as follows

City & Guilds

Entry level certificate in ESOL Skills for life {speaking and listening}

{entry 1}

and was succesful in the following module

speaking and listening entry 1 =PASS

I asked the teacher is what wifey needs for ILR and she said yes, Is she correct,as I dont see level B1 anywhere

That's the lowest level and is equivalent (I think) to A1 or A2 so it's OK for ILR until the rules change later this month.

B1 is a little more difficult.

This is correct.

ESOL Entry level 1 is the most basic then there is Entry level 2 followed by Entry level 3 which is classed as Intermediate and it is this one that is the equivalent of B1.