Shipito

gerryBScot

I am using this consolidation service for the first time and starting to think it is an expensive load of rubbish. A parcel has been in Bangkok since 17th September sent from the US via UPS Priority Mail. I accept this isn't Shipito's responsibilty but I'd like to know who to contact at the Thai end to find out what is happening and when I can expect my parcel. I live 100 km west of BKK. THe UPS tracking log says addressee cannot be located. Well all I can say is that they have my phone number (Thai) on the airbill and I haven't received any phone calls to suggest anyone is trying to contact me. Also there is always someone in my house. So what's going on? There were some issues with Shipito locking down my account which were speedily resolved after I sent them an angry email. But I reckon it would work out about the same price and definitely quicker if I just let Amazon, for instance, process the entire order including the mailing. Would appreciate any advice on how I can pursue delivery and also any comment on experiences.......and please if you are an affiliate of this company or any other please declare this.

• Like 1

What do you want that Shipto doest to help ?

Just as my reidiculous customers on online shops who get mad because THEIR POST OFFICE didn't deliver on time !!!

Anyway Shipto are monkeys because they do not accept to declared the parcels shipped as GIFTS / SAMPLES to try to avoid the customs scam here.

If it goes anything like my experience, after alot of pushing , a driver in a private car turned up, then tried to extort a ridiculous sum for clearance, I told them if thats the case they can ship it back, he drove off, returned an hour later and gave me the parcel.

• Like 1

If it goes anything like my experience, after alot of pushing , a driver in a private car turned up, then tried to extort a ridiculous sum for clearance, I told them if thats the case they can ship it back, he drove off, returned an hour later and gave me the parcel.

Thanks Charlie H I've been wondering what these guys are playing at. It seems to me if you are in the logistics business then your job is to deliver parcels to customers and keep them happy, especially when they are paying for a service. Why would you sit on a parcel for almost two weeks and make no attempt to deliver or indeed contact the customer? Seems to me as if you might be in the wrong job. Your experience indicates what might be going down here. The contents of the parcel are not critical or of any value - so I'll do nothing and we'll see what happens. And I'll be wise to the customs clearance thing. Thanks again for this, much appreciated.

Thanks Charlie H I've been wondering what these guys are playing at. It seems to me if you are in the logistics business then your job is to deliver parcels to customers and keep them happy, especially when they are paying for a service. Why would you sit on a parcel for almost two weeks and make no attempt to deliver or indeed contact the customer? Seems to me as if you might be in the wrong job. Your experience indicates what might be going down here. The contents of the parcel are not critical or of any value - so I'll do nothing and we'll see what happens. And I'll be wise to the customs clearance thing. Thanks again for this, much appreciated.

another thiong you have to consider is the weather, if it has been raining or hot they will not leave their airconditioned office at all, I have also come across this problem before too. Mate I hope they havent snaffled on you but I would definitely contact UPS for more details and a possible contact for them in Thailand so you can speak directly to the deliverer.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

I've got problems with Shipito........ but I understand the specific problem is with UPS's agents in Thailand. When I order from amazon etc I'll be getting them to post the goods to me without using a consolidation/forwarding service. Waste of time and money. Sounded like a good idea until I used it. Nothing like sucking and seeing!

• Like 1

What do you want that Shipto doest to help ?

Just as my reidiculous customers on online shops who get mad because THEIR POST OFFICE didn't deliver on time !!!

Anyway Shipto are monkeys because they do not accept to declared the parcels shipped as GIFTS / SAMPLES to try to avoid the customs scam here.

You fill out the customs form at Shipto so I don't see why they are monkeys if you don't know how to fill out your own customs form

3. Edit information for package

New window with package content will pop up.

- Make sure you fill out ITEM DESCRIPTION, QUANTITY and VALUE for each product in the package. If you want to add more items to your customs declaration, just click ADD link below the last item. To remove item from the customs declaration, simply delete it’s information.

The system will let you know if the form is filled out correctly.

- Then select, if package is MERCHANDISE or GIFT. Please note, that you will not avoid possible duties and taxes just by selecting GIFT. Also you will need to select if the package contains batteries.

source: http://www.shipito.com/customs-declaration

My one and only experience with 'shipito' was a total nightmare and ended up costing me almost 3 times what it would have cost by having a friend send it and taking 2X longer. They screwed it all up and I made several calls to their customer service to correct things as well as email and they just didn't listen or respond to my instructions and then tried to blame me.....but I had email proof.

Plus I had to go thru customs [and pay], which has never happened on the hundred or so parcels that I had friends send.

My guess is that it is hung up in customs office and gathering storage fees for every day they store it.

I vowed to never use that company again...............but what are the alternatives if you don't want to bother friends and relatives??

I've had good luck with Shipito. Get your account verified then get money to them and you're good to go. Read their forum to learn about issues and therefore avoid problems yourself.

Edited by mesquite

My one and only experience with 'shipito' was a total nightmare and ended up costing me almost 3 times what it would have cost by having a friend send it and taking 2X longer. They screwed it all up and I made several calls to their customer service to correct things as well as email and they just didn't listen or respond to my instructions and then tried to blame me.....but I had email proof.

Plus I had to go thru customs [and pay], which has never happened on the hundred or so parcels that I had friends send.

My guess is that it is hung up in customs office and gathering storage fees for every day they store it.

I vowed to never use that company again...............but what are the alternatives if you don't want to bother friends and relatives??

Thanks. This sounds like what's happening to me right now. Well according to the tracking log it has cleared customs; did so on 15.09.13. According to tracking I cannot be located though no one has tried to call me or attempted to deliver.

Contact Information

UPS Parcel Delivery Service Ltd.

Head Office

16/1 Soi Sukhumvit 44/1

Sukhumvit Road, Prakhanong, Klongtoey

Bangkok 10110

Thailand

Tel.: 66 2728 9000

Fax: 66 2712 1818

Have you called them?

Harry thanks for the information. I presume these are United States Postal Service's agents in Thailand? When I got my parcel sent I chose United States Postal Service Priority International. All in I paid about $80.00 US. The package cleared customs on 15.09.13. Why should I call them? They should call me; the docket includes my phone number. I can even speak reasonable Thai. I paid for a service which I am self-evidently not getting. I am going to let this run to see what happens so I can really see how this service works or as it appear, doesn't work. Fortunately the goods are not important.

Contact Information

Head Office

16/1 Soi Sukhumvit 44/1

Bangkok 10110

Thailand

Have you called them?

Harry thanks for the information. I presume these are United States Postal Service's agents in Thailand? When I got my parcel sent I chose United States Postal Service Priority International. All in I paid about $80.00 US. The package cleared customs on 15.09.13. Why should I call them? They should call me; the docket includes my phone number. I can even speak reasonable Thai. I paid for a service which I am self-evidently not getting. I am going to let this run to see what happens so I can really see how this service works or as it appear, doesn't work. Fortunately the goods are not important.

OK so the freight and cost of the goods do not matter to you. and you will not clarrify the address with them so no point in blaming either Shipit to or them.

I'm not interested in blame, that's right. But if I worked for Shipito I would want to keep my customers happy. How can Amazon and their contractors get a book to me from the US in 6 days and this mob, using their own sub-contractors can't come anywhere near it? This parcel has been in the USPS system since 3rd September, it cleared Thai customs on 15th September and the last entry is on 17th September when it says I can't be located. I think some of these people are in the wrong job! There have been some interesting suggestions made about what might be happening from other people who haven't described a stellar experience - underwhelmed springs to mind. I don't care about the goods. I'm prepared to write off the money and the goods. That's right. I might have used the service for something expensive and/or important. But I won''t now. However I'm keen for the many people who might be interested in using such a service to be aware of my experience and that of others so that they can exercise their judgement. I fully accept that some people have had a positive experience. So far this has not been so in my case.

I fully accept that some people have had a positive experience. So far this has not been so in my case.

Hang on here.

1. You live in a location in Thailand

2. Shipito shipped the product to your address in Thailand by the PROVIDER you chose.

3. Shipito provided prompt service to your wishes.

4. Shipito will start a insurance claim on your behalf if you elected to take insurance with the shipping should you so wish.

5. Shipito cannot be held responsible for inefficient, corrupt, untrustworthy regional mail delivery options in your destination country and location.

Quite frankly I find it ridiculous that you hold shipito responsible.....the item is in the hands of the local delivery company.

Why do you not stop whinging about it and get yourself down to the post office or at least phone them.

Shipito.com are excellent full stop. Top hint when you send items to a developing country such as Thailand use a provider such as Fedex with full insurance.

Never had one SINGLE issue with those providers to Thailand. Remember YOU chose the delivery method not shipito.

Lets say your Mum sends you a item by USPS same thing happens. Do you hold your mum responsible because she was the one who sent it for you by USPS because you asked her to or USPS and their Thailand Partner??

Then your Mum says oh it did not turn up I will start an insurance claim for you....but your not happy about that either?

I can even speak reasonable Thai. I paid for a service which I am self-evidently not getting. I am going to let this run to see what happens so I can really see how this service works or as it appear, doesn't work. Fortunately the goods are not important.

you are making a complete fool of yourself. Welcome to Thailand. Pick up the phone and call Thailand Post or get down to your regional office with the tracking number. Thats how it works here dude - No one will call you - you can wait aslong as you like. It ain't Kansas toto.

The fact you wish the sender of a item to sort it out is hilarious. BTW amazon would not sort it out for you either they would tell you to call your local delivery sorting office.

I'll give you another hint. You chose USPS not UPS therfore you need call your local thailand post office who are the delivery partner for USPS not UPS. No charge for this hint..

Edited by negreanu

Contact Information

Head Office

16/1 Soi Sukhumvit 44/1

Bangkok 10110

Thailand

Have you called them?

Why should I call them? They should call me;

This is the most ridiculous waste of time and thread I have seen today. Shipito bashing for your problem with phoning up UPS! Give me a break.

I need to eat humble pie. My parcel came today and there is a story to tell. It is not shipito's fault and it isn't the local provider's fault either. It is in effect my own fault. My sister had taken the post office notification of an undelivered card over a week ago to collect the parcel from the local post office and then forgot about it. She picked it up today when she was sending a parcel and called to say my books were here!

I am pleased I finally got the goods.

I'll now crawl into the cupboard and hide myself in shame. Apologies to shipito and the Thai postal service. Apologies to you good people whose feathers I may have ruffled.

• 1 month later...