23 die in floods in 25 Thai provinces

webfact

23 die in floods in 25 provinces: Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department
By English News

13806099521288.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 1 - Thailand's Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department announced as of today that 23 persons are dead from the floods in 25 of the country's 77 provinces.

Over 2.8 million persons in 810,000 households and more than 200 districts countrywide have been affected by flooding.

About 15,000 persons from 4,400 households in Ubon Ratchathani and Si Sa Ket provinces had to evacuate their homes.

According to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, seven provinces where flooding has lessened are Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Kalasin, Nakhon Ratchasima, Phayao, and Mae Hong Son.

In the central province of Ayutthaya, communities along the Chao Phraya, Pa Sak, Lopburi and Noi Rivers in eight districts--Bang Ban, Sena, Phak Hai, Bang sai, Bang Pa-in, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Tha Ruea, and Nakhon Luang--are now flooded.

About 97,000 persons from almost 30,000 households are affected by the floods which are one to two metres deep.

Tha Ruea district is expected to experience another metre of higher water level as a result of Pasak Chonlasit Dam which is speeding up draining water overflowing from its spillway.

Meanwhile, the meteorological department reported that typhoon “Wutip” which arrived across the middle South China Sea made landfall over Hue, Vietnam yesterday and downgraded to tropical storm and tropical depression. It prevailed over Thailand's Nakhon Phanom province this morning and declined to low pressure cell later.

Isolated heavy rain and windy are expected over the eastern and upper northeastern provinces, including Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Udon Thani, Nong Bua Lamphu, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-01

• Like 1

Twenty three dead... Dear Mrs. P.M. If one of them was your son or daughter there would be a lovely state funeral with lot's of photo ops of you crying. What those twenty three dead get from you is are photo ops of you smiling as you stand in the same water that killed them.

Don't you get it, she had told everyone "don't worry"..

• Like 1

Twenty three dead... Dear Mrs. P.M. If one of them was your son or daughter there would be a lovely state funeral with lot's of photo ops of you crying. What those twenty three dead get from you is are photo ops of you smiling as you stand in the same water that killed them.

How many handbags did you buy today Mrs. P.M.? Were any of them big enough or worthy enough to be the coffin of a child?

• Like 2

Didn't the PM say 'Don't worry' about three weeks ago?

Yes, brother dictator knows passive and sedated masses are easier to control, manipulate. Don't worry, because she isn't worried as long as there is no resistance. Keep them uninformed & blame it on nature or other factors. Seems like a pretty effective line they use not only in Thailand, but elsewhere.

Nor is she worried about her and the family's estates abroad nor the penthouses on floor 56 in the CBD.

Twenty three dead... Dear Mrs. P.M. If one of them was your son or daughter there would be a lovely state funeral with lot's of photo ops of you crying. What those twenty three dead get from you are photo ops of you smiling as you stand in the same water that killed them.

I agree with you 100% ... until someone important drowns it is mai pen rai ... andd take my photo as I tour the flood zone for 30 minutes.

But hey do not forget .. Thaksin donate a few thousand dry food meals.

Pretty impressive since over 2 million are affected and his bank balance is in the billions and growing

• Like 2

About 15,000 persons from 4,400 households in Ubon Ratchathani and Si Sa Ket provinces had to evacuate their homes.

We're three of them and I can't say with words how weird the situation is.-wai2.gif

• Like 2

What? Do you mean to tell us that...

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...Thailand's Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department announced as of today that 23 persons are dead from the floods in 25 of the country's 77 provinces.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...Over 2.8 million persons in 810,000 households and more than 200 districts countrywide have been affected by flooding.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...About 15,000 persons from 4,400 households in Ubon Ratchathani and Si Sa Ket provinces had to evacuate their homes.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...According to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, seven provinces where flooding has lessened are Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Kalasin, Nakhon Ratchasima, Phayao, and Mae Hong Son.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...In the central province of Ayutthaya, communities along the Chao Phraya, Pa Sak, Lopburi and Noi Rivers in eight districts--Bang Ban, Sena, Phak Hai, Bang sai, Bang Pa-in, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Tha Ruea, and Nakhon Luang--are now flooded.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...About 97,000 persons from almost 30,000 households are affected by the floods which are one to two metres deep.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...Tha Ruea district is expected to experience another metre of higher water level as a result of Pasak Chonlasit Dam which is speeding up draining water overflowing from its spillway.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...the meteorological department reported that typhoon “Wutip” which arrived across the middle South China Sea made landfall over Hue, Vietnam yesterday and downgraded to tropical storm and tropical depression. It prevailed over Thailand's Nakhon Phanom province this morning and declined to low pressure cell later.

AGAIN, for the one hundred and fiftieth time? ...Isolated heavy rain and windy are expected over the eastern and upper northeastern provinces, including Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Udon Thani, Nong Bua Lamphu, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun. (MCOT online news)

This is absolutely amazing!

It is utterly confounding!

Who would have thought...!

My goodness!

What ever shall we do?

• Like 2

We're three of them and I can't say with words how weird the situation is.-wai2.gif

I understand how weird it is... and it will get weirder when you return home.

• Like 1

I understand how weird it is... and it will get weirder when you return home.

Weird? I am not on the ground but I know Ubon well. Can you englighten me?

I will be coming to Thailand in good time, and going to check that the businesses and families that looked after me in Ubon are OK as I visit, willing to get my hands dirty for those that cannot help themselves.

Determined to make the difference in complete contrast the current government who put greed and ignorance ahead of the lives of the people who sadly probably voted them into power... If anyone needs an extra pair of hands or their elderly neighbors etc, I will be over in 4 weeks time, send me a PM.

Edited by TheGhostWithin
  • Like 1

Amazing tho it may seem to your limited apprehension . Yingluck cannot control the weather.

Didn't the PM say 'Don't worry' about three weeks ago?

Yes, brother dictator knows passive and sedated masses are easier to control, manipulate. Don't worry, because she isn't worried as long as there is no resistance. Keep them uninformed & blame it on nature or other factors. Seems like a pretty effective line they use not only in Thailand, but elsewhere.

Nor is she worried about her and the family's estates abroad nor the penthouses on floor 56 in the CBD.

Sounds like a hell of a lot of "Sour grapes" just because someone has got something that you have not. Get used to it, that's life, we cannot all be rich.

Amazing tho it may seem to your limited apprehension . Yingluck cannot control the weather.

With my "limited apprehension"(?) I never expected her to control the weather, but I did not figure

her to be telling everyone to not worry. Why? In your estimation, is there nothing to be concerned

about?

Amazing tho it may seem to your limited apprehension . Yingluck cannot control the weathe

True, this she can not, so why does she pretend that she can and that she and her various agency's have the problems under control. It is obvious to all that she has little control on anything and even less undestanding and empathy for the people put in distress by her Governments total inadequacy in all issues except foreign travel and shopping

Mother nature can be very cruel and it costs a lot of money to defend against her wrath!

The Mitigation Dept aught to start spending on some preventative measures before the next disaster in all provinces around the nation!

How can 23 people die in 25 provinces?????

How does that make sense? Or were two of these people washed across the border as they drowned?

read again my friend..

Posted Today, 14:45

23 die in floods in 25 provinces

What do we think the PM can do to stop, prevent or what with the flood?

Can she redirect the water in different direction so that there would be no flood?

As big as that flood? What she can do I think is to give help like food, water and other goods to the affected places.