Bail denied to Thai woman who tricked professor out of millions with past life scheme

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While this it totally unbelievable as an atheist I wonder how many of the people commenting here are Christians as that is as unbelievable as the multiple lives of Buddhists. Just an other brand of mental illness that has never been supported by proof. I mean you can't slander a religion while believing in one yourself as there is no proof for any religion. Then the religious say that is done so by god to make believing a task else its too easy (there is an answer for everything)

Good point. This is really not much different than a Christian televangelist telling their sheeps,....eh, followers, that they should give generously to the church to assure themselves a place in heaven. But those televangelists don't go to jail. They get to buy vacation homes on the alps and live the life fit for a king.

Ok guys. What of the guys who risk their lives in poor and devastated areas trying to offer help, service, and assistance to others? All they're trying to do is give hope to the hopeless. I don't see how they thrive on your tax money. While institutions in themselves are evil, they do not represent anyone's beliefs or convictions in any religion as your beliefs are totally personal. Please don't generalize.

why is the girl in Jail....

seems that the "Professor" is deceiving everyone with that title.....

The girl gave a BS and then he gave money in return.... How is that a Crime?

Any other Non - Professor would laugh it out and at most give an "D" for her grades... 9 Million Baht? Past life couple? dang... someone hire her for a Marketing Gig....

Don't you think 9 million baht is a lot of money for a professor?

Imagine a professor of Thailand's top university believing in ghosts. It is another example why rural people should not be impressed with the academics that belittle them all the time.

Imagine if you had read the article properly, eg. he's not a professor at Thailand's top university. It is another example of your getting things wrong.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Imagine a professor of Thailand's top university believing in ghosts. It is another example why rural people should not be impressed with the academics that belittle them all the time.

Why stop at rural people. I am coming to the view that when someone introduces themselves to me as a professor or teacher, I might just burst out laughing, and ask them for 1000 baht.

Worth a try..

Heck yeah, tell him or her that they borrowed it from you in a past life.

While this it totally unbelievable as an atheist I wonder how many of the people commenting here are Christians as that is as unbelievable as the multiple lives of Buddhists. Just an other brand of mental illness that has never been supported by proof. I mean you can't slander a religion while believing in one yourself as there is no proof for any religion. Then the religious say that is done so by god to make believing a task else its too easy (there is an answer for everything)

I agree that it's incredible that anybody, whatever their religion or views on religion would believe such an obvious con story. However we don't know what emotional and psychological strings the fraudster was pulling on the poor victim.

However, why do you feel the need to turn it into a pr post for atheism? Maybe, like many so called atheists you seek support for your own particular view on religion to help justify it?

There is a lot of research going on concerning the brain, how we function and evolve and its clear there is much we are still learning and need to understand more.

Many religions have been hi-jacked by humanity and become very corrupted. Maybe this is the nature of mankind, or maybe the greatest achievement of the devil is making humans believe he doesn't exist xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we

• Like 1

Bail denied to woman who tricked professor out of millions with past life scheme

By Coconuts Bangkok

Posted Image

....Pemmika deceived tutorial school owner Prakitpao into believing they had been a couple in a past life and that he had abused her.He gave her money and gifts because she led him to believe it was just compensation for the past abuse....

You couldn't make this stuff up !:blink:

Her scam and the fool that believed it is not so different that the bald, fat, old-fart falang believing the young hot Thai girl's .... "you han-some man" ... "I lov you" ... and giving her lots of money ... hell, even a house. 5555

But, of course, none of those guys are here, right?

Edited by HerbalEd

The weirdest thing about this is that she convinced an Applied Physics professor of something so nonsensical. I mean, of all the disciplines, surely Applied Physics would be the one least likely to believe in nonsense such as past lives.

Good grief.

To you and i it might seem nonsense, but to many Thais this is part of their belief system - They believe in reincarnation so what's weird about it to them? Remember a couple of weeks ago the head of the airport in Thailand or some big wig reckoned bad spirits were responsible for the crash and they were making offerings to the bad spirits and all that malarkey? People iin the west believe in a God floating up in the sky which to me is even more ridiculous than evil spirits!!

Believing in reincarnation is no more stupid that believing that Obama is a muslim mole that's secretly in office in order to turn America into a muslim country and force it's citizens to become muslims. And indeed, that's what a very large percentage of American's ... make that Republicans ... believe. And even the Republican politicians who don't believe that, still pander to the voters who do.

Thailand doesn't have any more fools that the rest of the world.

• Like 1

If a Thai lady lying to a man to extort money is a crime, then 87% of farang men residing in Thailand should go get lawyers to file suits. Indeed, some farang could file a half dozen lawsuits. Are we farang any less gullible than the professor? Ok, a big motivation (for men) is the possibility of getting pussy, but probably same same for the Thai professor.

If a Thai lady lying to a man to extort money is a crime, then 87% of farang men residing in Thailand should go get lawyers to file suits. Indeed, some farang could file a half dozen lawsuits. Are we farang any less gullible than the professor? Ok, a big motivation (for men) is the possibility of getting pussy, but probably same same for the Thai professor.

I mean honestly, how on earth can a judge listen to the "She told me she loved me" defence, and take it seriously.

"she told me I had been married to her before, so I gave her cash defence". Just stop and think how dumb this entire legal system is for a second. Some woman is going to go to jail for telling a fib?

I agree that it's incredible that anybody, whatever their religion or views on religion would believe such an obvious con story. However we don't know what emotional and psychological strings the fraudster was pulling on the poor victim.

However, why do you feel the need to turn it into a pr post for atheism? Maybe, like many so called atheists you seek support for your own particular view on religion to help justify it?

There is a lot of research going on concerning the brain, how we function and evolve and its clear there is much we are still learning and need to understand more.

Many religions have been hi-jacked by humanity and become very corrupted. Maybe this is the nature of mankind, or maybe the greatest achievement of the devil is making humans believe he doesn't exist xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we

Just stating the fact sorry to offend the religious people here. But there is absolutely NO proof of any god or religious system. If you look at it it sounds a lot like a mental illness where people are hearing voices and believing in strange things. Just facts old chap.. sorry if it hurt you.

As for Atheist vs religious.. id rather not as religious people have proven to do really bad things for their religion if people don't believe in their fantasy.

I really don't see a difference between all the religions they are all equally crazy. So any religious person condemning an other religion is just defending his idea of what is crazy and not.

Just stating the fact sorry to offend the religious people here. But there is absolutely NO proof of any god or religious system. If you look at it it sounds a lot like a mental illness where people are hearing voices and believing in strange things. Just facts old chap.. sorry if it hurt you.

As for Atheist vs religious.. id rather not as religious people have proven to do really bad things for their religion if people don't believe in their fantasy.

I really don't see a difference between all the religions they are all equally crazy. So any religious person condemning an other religion is just defending his idea of what is crazy and not.

I always laugh when Bill Maher refers to god and Jesus as their imaginary friends.

Why didn't she get bail when the likes of Sondhi and Thaksin et al all seem to get bail for everything they do wrong? She didn't offer enough in bribes to the right people?

Only post #2 and already Thaksin is at fault. Bit of a long stretch but congratulations anyway for twisting the story around and giving him a mention.

why is the girl in Jail....

seems that the "Professor" is deceiving everyone with that title.....

The girl gave a BS and then he gave money in return.... How is that a Crime?

Any other Non - Professor would laugh it out and at most give an "D" for her grades... 9 Million Baht? Past life couple? dang... someone hire her for a Marketing Gig....

Don't you think 9 million baht is a lot of money for a professor?

No, not really. Thats only about about 2 years wages for a professor back home. By the sounds of it, this fellow has been teaching for decades.

a

My own view is that there is no supreme being (aka 'God') but I do understand why some people cling to their religion for comfort like a young child clings to their mother's skirt.

On a more pragmatic level I suppose it could also be seen a kind of insurance. I mean, imagine if there really is a heaven after all and you aren't a member. sad.png

But then again would it really be so bad? Most of the fun people I'd want to hang out with will probably be in hell anyway. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

Why didn't she get bail when the likes of Sondhi and Thaksin et al all seem to get bail for everything they do wrong? She didn't offer enough in bribes to the right people?

Only post #2 and already Thaksin is at fault. Bit of a long stretch but congratulations anyway for twisting the story around and giving him a mention.

Yay! The red supporters have finally come out of the woodwork. Where've you all been?

• Like 1

Yes, they pull this same "trick" on foreigners. Only it usually involves a family member with an illness or a water-buffalo upgrade. Either way, it's scamming stupid people.

But why did this girl get arrested just because the guy dumb enough to part with his savings was Thai? Let them all have their way, I say. At least now this guy has a double major in Physics and Real-life smarts. Pricey tuition though!

If there is no proof that any god exists, then there is equally no proof that he/she doesn't. I know many people of different faiths but none of them hear voices or believe in strange things. Certainly not like the unfortunate people who are mentally ill.Peoples views may differ to yours, but suggesting that makes them "a lot like a mental illness" is bordering on Nazism and Maoist type ideology - anyone who doesn't think like us, must be mental!

I agree that many violent and bad things have been perpetrated in the name of religion. But then the atheist communists, nazis and facists did there share too. Man's inhumanity to man and all that.

Religious and political doctrines are often implemented with intolerance, and mock the believes, or worse, of those with differing views.

a

My own view is that there is no supreme being (aka 'God') but I do understand why some people cling to their religion for comfort like a young child clings to their mother's skirt.

On a more pragmatic level I suppose it could also be seen a kind of insurance. I mean, imagine if there really is a heaven after all and you aren't a member. sad.png

But then again would it really be so bad? Most of the fun people I'd want to hang out with will probably be in hell anyway. thumbsup.gif

Well I'll be joining you. Can you save me 2 bad ladiespartytime2.gif and a beerburp.gif and make sure the beer is really cold down there.drunk.gif

If there is no proof that any god exists, then there is equally no proof that he/she doesn't. I know many people of different faiths but none of them hear voices or believe in strange things. Certainly not like the unfortunate people who are mentally ill.Peoples views may differ to yours, but suggesting that makes them "a lot like a mental illness" is bordering on Nazism and Maoist type ideology - anyone who doesn't think like us, must be mental!

I agree that many violent and bad things have been perpetrated in the name of religion. But then the atheist communists, nazis and facists did there share too. Man's inhumanity to man and all that.

Religious and political doctrines are often implemented with intolerance, and mock the believes, or worse, of those with differing views.

Your funny,

That is why i normally let religion be as a topic as it get funny and sad at the same time.

You cant proof something does not exist. To prove something that really exists exists is easily done..

If you go to a mental clinic and you are suggesting things about higher beings and its not one of the major religions your locked up for being crazy.. Just see how far you get by explaining about a giant spaghetti monster in the sky that tells you how to live. So just because there are many people who believe it does not make it true.. If you look objectively at it your crazy as your believing in something that does not exist and let it rule your life.

Nazist and facist and communist did not do the bad things they did out of the name of no religion. They did it because of other reasons. Religion had nothing to do with it.. actually the Roman Church worked with Hitler. Most faccist Italians were Christians. Id wager you that most Natzis were Christians too. Bad point... while religions really murdered and killed in the name of religion.

For me you can believe what you want I don't really care as long as you don't expect me to live my life to your rules. That is what is the problem with most religious people they force their beliefs upon others. No shops open on Sundays (even if your not Christian) Calling to prayer (Muslims) Church bells from Christians.. its all noise pollution that us Atheist have to live with. Having to swear on a bible in certain cases even if you don't believe in it. Actually that is my beef with religions.. there is no proof.. they force others ect ect.

For me.. enjoy your religion.. keep it indoors don't confront others with it.. neither do I start force people to see it my way.

But we stray to much from the topic. I was simply stating that this was just an other crazy belief system and that no religious person could attack others beliefs as they are never proven too. So they are all equally crazy. So to comment and say how crazy it is while your of an other religion is hypocrite.