A little Wet in Rawai & Chalong this Morning

McFarang

Yes, amazing amount of rain here in Kata. I'm surprised that power, TV, and internet services are still on. Oops ... I should not tempt fate ... w00t.gif

Still got Internet & Power in Chalong but not many bikes around Chinese & Korean still being crammed on Speedboats and heading out Madness!

<snip>

Chinese & Korean still being crammed on Speedboats and heading out Madness!

The chase for the Baht superceeds safety and comfort every time whistling.gif

Not unsafe today but for sure uncomfortable, cramped on a small boat in the rain.

Chao fa east was looking a bit grim near chock tip villa turn off. The water was starting to get quite high on the road

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No worries - the elephants will still get through.

• Like 1

Chao fa east was looking a bit grim near chock tip villa turn off. The water was starting to get quite high on the road

Im thinking about converting to that mode of transport

Im thinking about converting to that mode of transport

And the good thing is you won't hit them from behind.
  • Like 1

Intermittent rain and high winds for the next week, with the highest wind speeds forecast for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Definitely not the time to be contemplating spending any at sea.

Haa Haa time to pop down to chalong and watch all the speedboats bobbing their way off into the distance.

• Like 1

Sitting at Duke's in Kata watching American college football, rain has not stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at all since 10:00.

Usually don't drink during the day, but forget it, vodka OJ on the way.

Change that and reason for edit, vodka pineapple.

Edited by grumpyoldman
  • Like 1

Lots of rain in Kamala, with some flooding in the usual areas. The road with the new storm system that took nearly 6 months to install has lots of water. Some homes and businesses are flooded.

I just got back last night after a road trip to Songkhla, where the weather was overcast but not raining...it was raining when we left on Thursday morning...just wondering if it has it been like this the whole time we were gone...

I just got back last night after a road trip to Songkhla, where the weather was overcast but not raining...it was raining when we left on Thursday morning...just wondering if it has it been like this the whole time we were gone...

Yes - lots of rain Friday, Saturday, and now Sunday.

Sitting at Duke's in Kata watching American college football, rain has not stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at all since 10:00.

Usually don't drink during the day, but forget it, vodka OJ on the way.

Change that and reason for edit, vodka pineapple.

.........and the Russian guy down the bar watching F1 just bought a round. Hooray for Russian Formula 1 !

another reason for edit, getting brighter here in Kata, still raining but sky is brighter !

Edited by grumpyoldman

I put on full wet gear and headed out to a bar to watch F1. Rain stopped about 2pm and race about 2:30, but I decided to stay there until 7pm.. just to make sure whistling.gif

It's freezing weather. Shorts are not enough for this weather. I bet even Shot has put his shirt on.

On the upside. I was finally motivated enough to fix showers electric water heater. First warm shower in half an year - what a great feeling :)