What is it about the Fortuner...

wedders

UnFORTUNATLY, i do know what im talking about,i bought my daughter a Sportivo one 7 Years ago.Overpriced Truck. i just dont like em, never will, but something like Trans Ams Vigo is fine,now the Lads got a Tralblazer, so No One listens to Me, or Mom Anyway..!!.biggrin.png

So you got your daughter a Sportivo 7 year's ago did you maybe you should get your date's right. I won't go into it but you look it up.
  • Like 1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UnFORTUNATLY, i do know what im talking about,i bought my daughter a Sportivo one 7 Years ago.Overpriced Truck. i just dont like em, never will, but something like Trans Ams Vigo is fine,now the Lads got a Tralblazer, so No One listens to Me, or Mom Anyway..!!.biggrin.png

So you got your daughter a Sportivo 7 year's ago did you maybe you should get your date's right. I won't go into it but you look it up.

post-41816-0-87010600-1381055700_thumb.j

• Like 2

You tell me, perhaps a bit longer, but the Disease has passed,shes got her Moms old Accord,and made a complete recovery from Wannabeitis.cheesy.gif

You look it up it's on the internet about what year they Toyota fist produced the Sportivo at the time a limited addition, I think they only produce 6,000 of them. Then maybe you might know even more about them than you don't seem to know now.

You tell me, perhaps a bit longer, but the Disease has passed,shes got her Moms old Accord,and made a complete recovery from Wannabeitis.cheesy.gif

You look it up it's on the internet about what year they Toyota fist produced the Sportivo at the time a limited addition, I think they only produce 6,000 of them. Then maybe you might know even more about them than you don't seem to know now.

You realize there has been four "Fortuner Sportivo" "limited editions" yes? Sportivo, Sportivo II, Sportivo III and now Sportivo IV.

I noticed in traffic that Fortuner drivers drive reckless, they tend to change lane without giving a signal (while driving close to you) and act like they own the road. I know it sounds like typical Thai driver to you but believe me other drivers are much more careful than those in big SUVs.

Some maybe. But I for one am probably more careful in the SUV than in the other car I drive, a Nissan March. Much easier to nip about and in and out of lanes in the small car.

In the SUV - in town - you have to drive in a more circumspect fashion. A lot more car to fit through sometimes narrow sois, and therefore closer to pedestrians and people on bikes.

On the highway I might drive more quickly sometimes with the extra power, but I am careful to evaluate the conditions and drive accordingly. I don't get this 'big car turns you into a brash dangerous driver' thing. You would have to be a bit of a moron in the first place for that to happen, and therefore a danger to anyone else on the roads whatever size car you drive.

IMHO.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I'm a fan of the Fortuner, but only the Thai export model, which I use in the Middle East. 4.0 liter (VVTi) V6 petrol, 5 speed auto, larger fuel tank, tons of power and fairly economical if you aren't standing on the gas all the time. Extremely reliable based off of my experience.

What I'm alluding to is that I wish they would sell the export version in the Thai Domestic Market. I would sell my Isuzu SUV in a heartbeat for one.

I'm a fan of the Fortuner, but only the Thai export model, which I use in the Middle East. 4.0 liter (VVTi) V6 petrol, 5 speed auto, larger fuel tank, tons of power and fairly economical if you aren't standing on the gas all the time. Extremely reliable based off of my experience.

What I'm alluding to is that I wish they would sell the export version in the Thai Domestic Market. I would sell my Isuzu SUV in a heartbeat for one.

A 4.0L Fortuner with power sounds tempting even to this die-hard Isuzu SUV owner, but it being a petrol engine sobers my enthusiasm .... somewhat.

Anyway, with govt subsidies on diesel fuel and their eng size regulations in place - we don't have to worry about seeing it any time soon. facepalm.gif

What I'm alluding to is that I wish they would sell the export version in the Thai Domestic Market. I would sell my Isuzu SUV in a heartbeat for one.

A 4.0L Fortuner with power sounds tempting even to this die-hard Isuzu SUV owner, but it being a petrol engine sobers my enthusiasm .... somewhat.

Anyway, with govt subsidies on diesel fuel and their eng size regulations in place - we don't have to worry about seeing it any time soon. Posted Image  

They are seriously smooth. The 5 speed auto is excellent. The manual even recommends to user or manually to help with slowing down. Economical if you cruise on 120kph or less. Punch it and hang on. Not that you need speed for Thailand, but it is speed limited to 190. Plenty more steam left on board though.

Sent Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyway, with govt subsidies on diesel fuel and their eng size regulations in place - we don't have to worry about seeing it any time soon. facepalm.gif

They are seriously smooth. The 5 speed auto is excellent. The manual even recommends to user or manually to help with slowing down. Economical if you cruise on 120kph or less. Punch it and hang on. Not that you need speed for Thailand, but it is speed limited to 190. Plenty more steam left on board though.

Do you work for Toyoto and are on a secret mission to entice all of us dyed-in-the-wool Isuzu SUV owners to switch to Fortuner? If so, you're doing a pretty good job of it!

But I'm holding out for that top spec 4.0L with full time 4WD, with 20" wheels and tires of my choice, in Cranberry exterior color (or glossy Black) and Cowhide color interior with leather seats!

Call me .... cheesy.gif

What I'm alluding to is that I wish they would sell the export version in the Thai Domestic Market. I would sell my Isuzu SUV in a heartbeat for one.

Anyway, with govt subsidies on diesel fuel and their eng size regulations in place - we don't have to worry about seeing it any time soon. Posted Image  

Do you work for Toyoto and are on a secret mission to entice all of us dyed-in-the-wool Isuzu SUV owners to switch to Fortuner? If so, you're doing a pretty good job of it!

But I'm holding out for that top spec 4.0L with full time 4WD, with 20" wheels and tires of my choice, in Cranberry exterior color (or glossy Black) and Cowhide color interior with leather seats!

Call me .... Posted Image

Lmao.

Mate, I'm a dyed in the wool MU7 owner. Great Wagon, but I'll jump ship for this model Fortuner

Sent using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Call me .... cheesy.gif

Lmao.

Mate, I'm a dyed in the wool MU7 owner. Great Wagon, but I'll jump ship for this model Fortuner

I hear ya'! It comes with 235 Horse Power out of the factory!!

• Like 1

I bought new the top spec 4WD Turbo diesel fortuna sport 2013. Very happy with it. It has enough power to overtake the trucks safely going up hill on the mountain road. The suspension is firm compared to older models; not roling on the corners at all if your not driving like an idiot. Its nice and roomy, comfortable, sat nav works well, plenty of space for all family or put back seat up (they tuck up in to the windows) for a decent space to carry furniture or boxes, even with all seats own in place the weekly shop fits in behind the back row.

Parjero was not so roomy and not so firm suspension when test drive. Bulbous look I don't about it either.

The Chevy looks nice but the lack of dealer/ garage network decided me against it. This is one thing that really sold the yoyo to to me- going on road trips and up to remote areas; mechanics are used to dealing with Toyota and parts are plentiful; while Chevy I could imajine getting stuck waiting on delivery from the urban centres.

The resale value of Toyota was another factor. Can sell after 4-5 years and buy new having not lost too much money at all compared to other brands or aged cars.

Also the fuel efficiency seems great.

Took the rear seat's out of my Sportivo the first week I had it only two 12m bolts to undo now have a very large estate.

Re the resell the service manager in my local Toyota's keep's asking me to sell it to him so far he's up to 950,000bt and it's nearly 5 year's old must admit though it does look like new + I service it every 5,000km. Just wondering how much you would get for a 5 year old Pajero.

Interesting, my 3.2 PJS is about 3 years old from memory. Might be worth trading it in when it hits 4 years. By the way, I concur with the other comments. Great SUV for Thailand and the best 4wd system in the business. No problems in 100k of motoring. Just does what it says on the tin. By the way they are not BMW M3's so don't drive them like one and it's all good.

A 2008 3.2L 4WD GT sells for 780-900K Baht now, from 1.25M Baht new.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Two reasons I bought my MU7... Los of room and crash worthiness. Massive A & B pillars.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Call me .... cheesy.gif

Lmao.

Which is why you won't see it anytime soon in TH - even if it was the exact same production cost, it'd hit the top excise tax level which would instantly make it an ~3.5M Baht model.

Two reasons I bought my MU7... Lot's of room and crash worthiness. Massive A & B pillars.

Did you forget to mention the cool-looking hood (bonnet) scoop and its best in-its-class sound system and navigation?

Lmao.

Which is why you won't see it anytime soon in TH - even if it was the exact same production cost, it'd hit the top excise tax level which would instantly make it an ~3.5M Baht model.

sad.png .... Unfortunately, oh so true .... sad.png

Which is why I will happily remain a dyed-in-the-wool MU-7 owner! thumbsup.gif

.... but if the powers-to-be ever change their minds .... Call me .... cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

• Like 1

You realize there has been four "Fortuner Sportivo" "limited editions" yes? Sportivo, Sportivo II, Sportivo III and now Sportivo IV.

The first Sportivo was around late 2008 wasn't it IMHO? Prior to that they produced a "Smart" which was similar. I think fredob43 is pointing out it may not have been possible for AoP to have bought one 7 years ago as claimed.

• Like 1

It was a the first Spivo in our Area, crap dipped lights and rolled like a drunken Sailor and you revved the Nuts off it to get speed up our Mountan Roads,it's still about , i'm sure it was 7ish Years ago. Used it on and off ,but an Auto Vigo felt much better..could be wrong on timescale,not very interested in it,just happy to not see it outside the House.biggrin.png

The first Sportivo was around late 2008 wasn't it IMHO? Prior to that they produced a "Smart" which was similar. I think fredob43 is pointing out it may not have been possible for AoP to have bought one 7 years ago as claimed.

The first Sportivo was late 2007. Sportivo II was late 2010, Sportivo III was late 2011, and Sportivo IV was a few months ago.

No-one seems to remember the Aperto I/II :P

As Transam (TV's resident Toyota fan) did say, you buy Toyota's and forget them. The Aperto seems to have been particularly successful.

Another explanation could be the difference between the various sportivo / aperto / extremo / TRD variants is not enough to bother remembering. If Toyota ever both to put a decent performance improvement in to one of their suedo sporty versions, it might be worth remembering.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

As Transam (TV's resident Toyota fan) did say, you buy Toyota's and forget them. The Aperto seems to have been particularly successful.

Another explanation could be the difference between the various sportivo / aperto / extremo / TRD variants is not enough to bother remembering. If Toyota ever both to put a decent performance improvement in to one of their suedo sporty versions, it might be worth remembering.

Speaking as a TV MU-7 fan, I totally endorse the above statement! cheesy.gif

Toyota can come up with the performance ''goods'' in most countries on our planet that folk want, but guess where they can't to sell them cos of the ridiculous ''hoops''. ? sad.png .

Toyota can come up with the performance ''goods'' in most countries on our planet that folk want, but guess where they can't to sell them cos of the ridiculous ''hoops''. ? sad.png .

Right now, as soon as one of these PPV's has > 3250cc, or > 220HP, the excise and interior taxes go from a total of 25.6% to 111.1%. So the short answer is, no-one would buy them , so there's no point making them.

This could improve a little in 2016 when the HP limits are removed and replaced with CO2 targets, and/or when Toyota and Mitsu release their Hybrid version PPV's in the next gen (which will see their total taxes drop to 11.1%)...

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

The Sportivo 11 came out in 2009 I have one. Must admit that the light's like most Thai car's leave a lot to be desired, have change all six of mine to white xenon now perfect.

It could also do with a bit more power but as the engine + gearbox are almost indestructible with a little bit of sorting can get it to produce well over 230bhp will cost some ware in the region of 45K bt though but well worth it, also had that done.

Yes I know that all ad's up to Bt Bt but not much more that you would have to spend on extra wheel's tires light's on other MPV's just to make them handle and you dont get any more power, then you'll end up with a perfect lump.

Edited by fredob43

The Sportivo 11 came out in 2009 I have one. Must admit that the light's like most Thai car's leave a lot to be desired, have change all six of mine to white xenon now perfect.

It could also do with a bit more power but as the engine + gearbox are almost indestructible with a little bit of sorting can get it to produce well over 230bhp will cost some ware in the region of 45K bt though but well worth it, also had that done.

Yes I know that all ad's up to Bt Bt but not much more that you would have to spend on extra wheel's tires light's on other MPV's just to make them handle and you dont get any more power, then you'll end up with a perfect lump.

What are the location of your (6) white xeon lights? Do they really work well when night driving on unlit roads?

That 230 bhp sounds good to me, too. thumbsup.gif What engine upgrade mods do you get for THB 45,000?

The PJS is a more satifying drive than the Fortuner and the interiors are also more pleasent. The seats lack decent upper thigh support and lower back pain without lumbar also an issue. I like the fortuners rear although the recent facelifted tail-lights are not an improvement, fortuner has more street presence and looks upmarket to me. I think the sportrider also had the g wagon when it came to looks too, but this is a subjective value judgement. No clue how the new aus designed hilux will look but the gr-hev looks the part, the pjs successor could very well upset my planned purchase of the t6 everest.