51 flood victims in Prachin Buri hospitals after eating free food

webfact

#14 said, and his pill-ion lostmebike agreed, that:

'Personal Hygiene is anyway not one of Thailand's strong points' sad.png

I beg to differ: Thais are amongst the most fastidious when it comes to basic and personal hygiene.

Institutional sanitation, on the other hand, may not always be up to par especially food being allowed to sit in the sun while in transit as probably in this instance; or say on the beaches where vendors sell various suspect foods.

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people are using 'flood management' as a springboard from which to take pot-shots at Yingluck's government, and some of that may be quite reasonable (I am not an expert on floods and don't know whether this year's problems might be better handled). But let's not fool ourselves about the options available. Abhisit's government was also roundly criticised for its handling of the 2010 floods, which were the worst (at that time) in half a century. This is what a registered Democrat had to say about it in the Nation in 2012: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Abhisits-words-on-the-flood-and-high-speed-train-s-30173384.html . Politics aside, I just hope the weather gives Thailand a break and that the government (regardless of colour-association) does the right thing.

What a ridiculous article headlining serious food poisoning and some serious health conditions of those infected and then deviating on to flood facts and how the locals are turning this disaster into a water festival.

No mention at all into any health department investigation as to the cause of the contamination of the food handout. This is the Mai Pen Rai mentality in full bloom.

I noticed the same thing. 3 sentances about the food poisoning and the rest about nothing.. ie: "Even vendors showed up to sell things to those out playing,"

What a bunch of crapola.

• Like 1

#14 said, and his pill-ion lostmebike agreed, that:

'Personal Hygiene is anyway not one of Thailand's strong points' sad.png

I beg to differ: Thais are amongst the most fastidious when it comes to basic and personal hygiene.

Institutional sanitation, on the other hand, may not always be up to par especially food being allowed to sit in the sun while in transit as probably in this instance; or say on the beaches where vendors sell various suspect foods.

So ...ahm...how is your daily Mc Donalds- menue?

...because if you talk about "hygiene" you sure have never been eating anywhere like...let's say...every street in Thailand!

clap2.gif

Flooding then food poisening, what next?

Frogs? Do the riders of the apocolypse need work permits. How can you poison people with ration packs? Why don't they just distribute army rations?

already got frogs, cant step outside the house without squashing one.

i just hope they continue to gather peacefully

Year after year and look at all the people smile, the people need to stand up!!! That my friends is the only way it will stop...

Stand up and the flooding will stop? I don't understand the mechanics of that...

Ah you see... Flooding is an act of God so if everyone stood up at the same time god will notice that these people don't take things sitting down, but on the other hand others will need to bow down to the direction of some old boxy building in the UAE, only problem with that is they will all drown, but god will notice that as well, there are 2 problems with this 1- there isn't a god and 2- if there is, he couldn't care less what happens. For everyone else just smile as much as you can this will definitely make the problems go away because nasty things don't happen to people who put on a silly dumb smile when things get really bad.

The above ideas are (sort of) inspired from the latest cutting edge science research into string theory, rope theory and little vibrating rubber bands, and everything else we don't understand.

This article should be locked for being seriously off-topic.

There are loads of threads about the flood situation, but this one meanders away from the main point of the headline within the first paragraph.

Seriously, my kids could produce better.

This article is terrible. It should be about sanitary precautions in floods. The newspaper just piles on and doesn't care about spreading the word about this among Thai trapped poor people.

I don't think many poor Thai people read The Nation. I'm not even poor, and I don't read the rag.

Note to KhunThaksin. Next year get your flunkies to proved water polo goals, jet skis (or maybe not), and water wings for non swimmers. Rotten food is definitely a No No.

This is another fine mess you have got yourself in.

Personal Hygiene is anyway not one of Thailand's strong points

not so IMO , I think they are ,...........now food hygiene .......well now , thats another matter and is poor, so are sanitary conditions , and most thais think farang are dirty as we dont shower as often as most thais do

Edited by osiboy

Complete nonsense from the third sentence onward.....except for the bit near the end that I found difficult to believe 600 cu mtrs/second? in one day thats 51,840,000 cubic metres. Hmmm. Look out Bangkok I think you may get a little damp. But never mind Yingluck has told you there will be no problem. Bet she didn't eat any free food.

Wasn't there a similar occurrence two years ago when the last big floods went through? If my memory serves me right, there was a bit of a drive to improve food hygiene practices among the people who were preparing the food for the flood victims after that incidence.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear me. I'm not in America or England anymore. I'm in a developing country that literally has the potential to surpass them both. Yes, this country is lacking in many respects compared to the aforementioned nations, but your criticism begs the question of why you are here in the first place.

Dear me. I'm not in America or England anymore. I'm in a developing country that literally has the potential to surpass them both. Yes, this country is lacking in many respects compared to the aforementioned nations, but your criticism begs the question of why you are here in the first place.

You honor your name, I would say it would be quite hard to surpass the USA as they have much more natural resources as Thailand.

Maybe you should stay of the alcohol for a while.

not so IMO , I think they are ,...........now food hygiene .......well now , thats another matter and is poor, so are sanitary conditions , and most thais think farang are dirty as we dont shower as often as most thais do

I think Thais have relatively decent personal hygiene except in one area. Wahsing their hands after they use the toilet and we all know how they clean themselves and washing their hands before they eat. At best they just rinse the hands with plain water, no soap. At least that's the way it is here in Esaan.

I think Thais have relatively decent personal hygiene except in one area. Wahsing their hands after they use the toilet and we all know how they clean themselves and washing their hands before they eat. At best they just rinse the hands with plain water, no soap. At least that's the way it is here in Esaan.

I often see cooks from the fast food franchises doing exactly that. Sometimes do not even rinse with water, just pick a zit & back to the kitchen.

Yeah...folklore!

Tradition!

Culture!

Here are my questions: why does "living here" always have to include to accept, that you can die at every second and have to welcome it? Why does "living here" mean, to leave your brain at immigration? Why does "living here" mean, not trying to make things better?

Oh, yeah...the lovely culture and tradition, of course!

Seriously, dude...stay off the booze, as Rob already suggested!

• Like 1

I often see cooks from the fast food franchises doing exactly that. Sometimes do not even rinse with water, just pick a zit & back to the kitchen.

day after day I see Thai men (of all kinds of social class) physically lean on the urinals. their arm or jacket or trousers pressed up against the personal urinal.

I also see most males flush the urinal before and after peeing in it. (this is a nice gesture, but there is absolutel no need to flush a urinal!!! the pee goes down the hole.. and they are just touching a filthy bacteria-ridden handle. and then theres no soap to wash hands after (in many cases)...

and you can count how many dont even bother to use soap (even it is was there!)

Flooding then food poisening, what next?

Frogs? Do the riders of the apocolypse need work permits. How can you poison people with ration packs? Why don't they just distribute army rations?

Salmonella Food Poisoning in an Army Camp, Northern Thailand, October 2009

Thai Army rations no thanks!

sure didn't talk much about food poisoning. floods are inconvenient but people were splashing around having fun anyway, that could have made them sick.

Vendors were selling food to the inconvenienced people splashing in the water and having fun. They could have made them sick.

People started fishing in the flood waters, I wonder if that made them sick?

and then a whole lot of distraction about infrastructure and crap and nothing to do with the headline.

So whoever wrote this, you suck!

To the one that allowed this publcation after being edited, you suck even more.

IF someone doesn't tell you you suck, then you'll never not suck and people would find sucky behavior acceptable.

So where exactly did this happen, tambon's can be large. how serious is this, do I need to warn friends and/or family? blink.png

From your many points,there are many avenues of education needed to prevent future sickness on top of the the flood problem.

Which this government should be addressing? in order to safeguard the peoples health,not the publishers of articles,unless they know something the government doesn't.