PM Yingluck: Govt ready to push Thai cosmetics industry to go global

webfact

Govt ready to push Thai cosmetics industry to go global: PM
By English News

13808675902539-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 4 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said her government is ready to push Thailand's cosmetics industry to reach an international level.

The premier spoke on the 2020 vision and opportunities for the cosmetics industry at the 50th anniversary of Thailand's cosmetics industry fair held in the capital.

She said the industry helps promote and build the Thai economy.

As 90 per cent of Thai cosmetics entrepreneurs are small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), the government is ready to support them with a Cosmetics Act along with international trade negotiations, patent rights registration, Thai wisdom protection, and tax benefits in order that the industry grows strong and able to compete in the world market, she said.

The premier added the government would help support research for further development of the quality of cosmetics, while it is ready to provide laboratories and equipment for research as well as listen to private sector problems so that consumer demands are met.

The 50th anniversary of the Thai cosmetics industry fair is organised by the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and other relevant agencies to praise the potential of Thai herbal cosmetics in the world market and push Thai SMEs to penetrate potential markets. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-04

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed considering the pan stick and the heavy cosmetics being used to conceal the political and criminal blemishes of her brother his family and their brown nosing acolytes Thai cosmetics are indeed a wonder product.

However the rest of the world may not think so , let's await their judgement. looking at the vast range of imported to name cosmetics here in Thailand I am of the opinion that this is going to be an uphill battle.

Political lipstick powder and paint are trying to make Thaksin what he aint.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Oh yes, Whitening, Slimming and Breast firming lotions ready to take on the heavyweights of global cosmetics.

Aren't half of the cheap cosmetics in Thailand imported from China and about 99% of the expensive ones imported from the developed world?

and the domestic made is made out of imported chemicals

• Like 1

Whitening lotion to be imported to Europe....I can just see the headlines.thumbsup.gif

It will sell good in Germany, Austria, UK, Sweden...Thailand will be the hub of cosmetic....at least for today....tomorrow the next thing will come....

A simple question from a simple bloke but what is the "Thai wisdom protection" that the government will support the industry with ?. Is this similar to the "patent rights registration " that will protect the Thai cosmetic industry from knock-off products that we may find on the shelves of stores in Europe, Australia and America ?

• Like 1

What a good idea. Take the small cosmetic companies in Thailand, get them to come in line with truth about their products benefits and then launch into the world to take on the monster companies in one of the most aggressive markets in the world.

Or, she could just try and recover the loses from the existing exports,,, such as rice,,,

• Like 1

Is it not astonishing that the simplest news item - in this case the promotion of the Thai cosmetic industry internationally - can be turned within minutes into an excuse for an obsessive rant against Thaksin.

I expect that some here turn puce and fume when held at traffic lights, after all the lights are red, must be Thaksins fault, what more proof is needed......

It would be funny but this obsession is obscuring the forums purpose as a place to discuss News in Thailand.

I don't suppose there is a chance some of you could take yourselves off to a corner an give yourselves a talking too?

No, I thought not!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You could always ignore that and keep to topic.

My first thought was that this is not surprising - sexist thinking - since Yingluck is a woman. Second thought is that this might be helpful in the long run, however like most government things they will probably ruin the industry for SME's and shovel money at their friends to produce a few large enterprises - which may or may not be profitable.

Good luck.

Is it not astonishing that the simplest news item - in this case the promotion of the Thai cosmetic industry internationally - can be turned within minutes into an excuse for an obsessive rant against Thaksin.

I expect that some here turn puce and fume when held at traffic lights, after all the lights are red, must be Thaksins fault, what more proof is needed......

It would be funny but this obsession is obscuring the forums purpose as a place to discuss News in Thailand.

I don't suppose there is a chance some of you could take yourselves off to a corner an give yourselves a talking too?

No, I thought not!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow..A little defensive of the Little Man in Dubai arent we? I see one comment about The dictator before your long winded rant.

• Like 2

Make it global for what? Even the local buyers are more interested in foreign cosmetic stuff. I hear it a lot from thai girls that they are rather into japanese cosmetics.

When I ve first heard that shit, I almost messed my pants laughing. I mean everybody knows including them that japanese cosmetics are not any better than their thai counterparts but because thai women fell in love with japanese women a while ago..now they want their cosmetics.

Edited by A1Str8

Oh yes, Whitening, Slimming and Breast firming lotions ready to take on the heavyweights of global cosmetics.

Aren't half of the cheap cosmetics in Thailand imported from China and about 99% of the expensive ones imported from the developed world?

and the domestic made is made out of imported chemicals

Exactly. So what on earth does it mean to have a "Thai cosmetics industry".

I know that they private label some stuff for some big brands. To be honest, i would be more supportive if they started a domestic made and named car.

Thai wisdom is something the whole country needs protecting from ! Cant wait for Burma to promote their cosmetic industry. All they need is a yellow paste to be randomly smeared on the face. Then you will be beautiful !!

THE PROTECTION AND PROMOTION OF TRADITIONAL THAI MEDICINE WISDOM ACT B.E. 2542 (1999)

BHUMIBHOL ADULYADEJ, REX.;

Given on the 19th day of November B.E. 2542 (A.D. 1999)

Being the 54th Year of the Present Reign.

His Majesty King Bhumibhol Adulyadej is graciously pleased to proclaim that:

Whereas it is expedient to have the law on the protection and promotion of traditional Thai medicine wisdom;

This Act contains certain provisions in relation to the restriction of the rights and liberty of persons which Section 29 in conjunction with Section 35, Section 48 and Section 50 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand so permit by virtue of the provisions of law.

Be it, therefore, enacted by His Majesty the King, by and with the advice and consent of the National Assembly, as follows:

Section 1.

This Act shall be called the "Protection and Promotion of Traditional Thai Medicine Wisdom Act B.E. 2542 (1999)".

Section 2.

This Act shall come into force after the expiration of one hundred and eighty days from the date of its promulgation in the Government Gazette.

Section 3.

In this Act:

"traditional Thai medicine wisdom" means the fundamentals of knowledge and capability relating to traditional Thai medicine;

???traditional Thai medicine??à means the medical processes concerned with examination, diagnosis, therapy, treatment or prevention of diseases, or promotion and rehabilitation of the health of humans or animals, midwifery, traditional Thai massage, and shall includes the preparation of traditional Thai drug production and the invention of medical devices and instruments, based on the knowledge or texts that have been passed on and developed by succession;

• Like 1

What a good idea. Take the small cosmetic companies in Thailand, get them to come in line with truth about their products benefits and then launch into the world to take on the monster companies in one of the most aggressive markets in the world.

Or, she could just try and recover the loses from the existing exports,,, such as rice,,,

Maybe market it door to door and call it Avon. Opps that's taken.

Indeed considering the pan stick and the heavy cosmetics being used to conceal the political and criminal blemishes of her brother his family and their brown nosing acolytes Thai cosmetics are indeed a wonder product.

However the rest of the world may not think so , let's await their judgement. looking at the vast range of imported to name cosmetics here in Thailand I am of the opinion that this is going to be an uphill battle.

Political lipstick powder and paint are trying to make Thaksin what he aint.whistling.gif

Indeed, and furthermore the 'frogs' (and to a lessor extent Italy) must be shaking in their boots at the very thought of competition coming from

Thailand's smelly fragrances. etc.

And it is typical of this shooting from the hip with Y'luck and the 'square faced man' seemingly forgetting that the established producers of fragrances

some of whom who have only been in the business for more than 50 years.