Thailand's new Attorney General vows neutrality, honesty, independence

webfact

New Attorney General vows neutrality, honesty, independence
By English News

13809479739178.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 5 – Newly-appointed Attorney General Attapol Yaisawang has promised to work professionally and fairly without political interference, disclose all cases to the public and protect the rights of defendants.

In his first interview with the media yesterday, he said the Office of Attorney General would be proactive in organisational development and service to the people.

Attorney generals must be independent, honest and neutral without favouring any side, he said.

He said people could file complaints with the Attorney General through various channels including the media and on the Internet should they find they are treated unfairly.

Mr Attapol will set up a spokesperson team next Thursday to respond to the media’s questions and update the public on important cases.

He emphasised the significance of the Legal Aid and Civil Rights Protection Department, which he said would have to serve the needs of people in different communities.

New departments will be set up to cope with increasing caseloads and at least 500 more personnel will be recruited, he said, adding that additional budget will be sought from the government to improve the organisation.

He said an investigative department was set up on Tuesday to handle cases involving Thai culprits abroad, international criminals and corruption cases.

“After my trip to New York late this month, an important case which has attracted Thai people’s interest will be disclosed. The case involves an individual, and not politics,” he hinted. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-05

How about looking at the unduly lenient sentence of the Phuket black taxi driver that abducted a Chinese female tourist for 5 hours molested her was high on ya ba and alcohol and got away with a suspended sentence.

• Like 1

"He said an investigative department was set up on Tuesday to handle cases involving Thai culprits abroad, international criminals and corruption cases."

Prove your neutrality by bringing that guy in dubuy home and making him serve his jail term

I think we need to give him a chance to prove himself before we criticise although I won't be surprised if all this turns out to be just talk.

In his first interview with the media yesterday, he said the Office of Attorney General would be proactive in organisational development and service to the people.

Meanwhile, a scant 3 days ago, in the first action coming out from the Attorney General's office is...

Posted by webfact on 2013-10-02 06:14:31 in Thailand News

'Terror charge against Thaksin dropped'

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/671814-terror-charge-against-thaksin-dropped-2010-political-crisis/?view=findpost&p=6880629

Attorney generals must be independent, honest and neutral without favouring any side, he said

Hmmm.... We'll see soon enough if your actions follow your words. You're not off to a great start already.

Still, fair's fair, new guy gets new opportunity. Show us your stuff. Soon. What's your meddle?

There has to be something there. His confirmation to be A-G in the Senate was by a unanimous 137-0 vote. Appointed and elected Senators alike must see something.

In all fairness this was a misleading headline when a Democrat MP accused the AG's office of dropping the charge and, if true, the new AG had nothing to do with it because he was only just appointed.

Having said that, he was appointed by PTP who have a record of appointing people who are biased, dishonest and have no qualifications other than being a Thaksin loyalist. So, he has to prove himself an exception.

"He said an investigative department was set up on Tuesday to handle cases involving Thai culprits abroad, international criminals and corruption cases."

“After my trip to New York late this month, an important case which has attracted Thai people’s interest will be disclosed. The case involves an individual, and not politics,” he hinted.

He is envious of all the World travel the PM enjoys, and, since he has solved all local crime, he is now branching out to chase Thai criminals abroad. As for being neutral and independent, in Thailand, that is unpossible.

Isn't his vow a prerequisite of the job?

I bet the interview for the job was interesting,, "so you vow to be neutral, honest and independent,, lovely,, when can you start?". I will have to try this technique at my next job interview,, "I vow to do the job exactly as you would expect".

• Like 1

How about looking at the unduly lenient sentence of the Phuket black taxi driver that abducted a Chinese female tourist for 5 hours molested her was high on ya ba and alcohol and got away with a suspended sentence.

There should be an email address to be able to place your complaints and a compulsory jail term for people who make false complaints with lies etc.

Must have some responsible person appointed to check on crimes inthe papers etc like this discussing crime in Phuket by this piece of shit the taxi driver. I sent the Phuket News link to the main paper and TV station in my country hoping they would make it inthe main news, all you other guys should do it also, all the time then the Thai authorities may get some concerns coming from foreign countries.

He uses three big words that are virtuality unheard of in Thailand and probably expects that he will obviously be believed.

Thete's so much outstanding that an honest, independent and neutral AG could get on with, if he chooses. The proof of the pudding... !

He uses three big words that are virtuality unheard of in Thailand and probably expects that he will obviously be believed.

Thete's so much outstanding that an honest, independent and neutral AG could get on with, if he chooses. The proof of the pudding... !

Thailand's new Attorney General vows neutrality, honesty, independence

Yes, course he does! Now, tomorrow, back to normal, same same.

Unless he pursues extradition against all fugitive convicted criminals, the killers avoiding justice by jumping bail or failing to attend courts and pursues charges against those in government who act illegally, such as issuing passports illegally, Then we shall see if he is a crusading AG.

• Like 1

I doubt there's a thai politician, armed forces member, judge or businessman who has any moral compass whatsoever.

The people with real power are ripping off the average thai and hiding behind a plethora of different 'causes' to deflect what should be closer scrutiny of their disgusting avarice and total disregard for fellow thai citizens.