Connecting To Expathub

dangerousdave

Hi, I have been trying to connect to expathub.dyndns.tv using DC++ (also tried peerweb dc++). I have the hub set up in my favourites with the settings below. When I try to connect it says I'm connected but I get disconnected after a few seconds every time and don't know why.

I am new to DC++ but have been able to connect to other hubs. I have 32GB of TV to share and am desperate to get in on this.

My settings:

DC++ 0.674

IP is correct according to adslthailand and set as active

Address: http://expathub.dyndns.tv/

No nickname or password

37GB folder with subdirectories in shared

4 upload slots

TOT 512k s**t connection

DB108 modem

Please Help, Thanks

Edited by dangerousdave

address is --> expathub.dyndns.tv

Probably a port forwarding issue (router/modem configuration to Rx/Tx on certain ports)?

Google port forwarding, and your modem.

Strongly suggest you use PeerWeb DC++ 0.41, on which the ports are TCP=6799, UDP=24122.

Edited by lomatopo

Probably a port forwarding issue (router/modem configuration to Rx/Tx on certain ports)?

Strongly suggest you use PeerWeb DC++ 0.41, on which the ports are TCP=6799, UDP=24122.

Can't thank you enough, I'm in.

Can't thank you enough, I'm connected

Just tried to connect with DC++0.674 to 'expathub.dyndns.tv' and it connects but then immediately crashes with a 'fatal bug' every time...

Anyone else get that?

Does that happen when you connect to other hubs?

Maybe try PeerWeb DC++ 0.41? Or another 'strong' DC client.

We are discussing Direct Connect connection problems, where did you see anything about filesharing? :D

crossy - its just a chat channel .... :o

Come on, we ALL know that expathub is a vehicle for sharing TV / movies stuff (I am a member after all).

Stu you should remember the expathub thread got dumped back end of last year and the rules amended to prohibit any discussion of filesharing /p2p etc.

Besides, 'twas only an observation on my part to encourage our newbie friends to actually read the forum rules. The thread is still open, so obviously our mods feel it's ok at the mo :D

Edited by Crossy