Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

People want the same rights as they have in their western country, I wonder if they are the same people who scream and shout like a bunch of slip fielders, when an immigrant gets an inside edge, and the umpire says " not out ".

• Like 1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting responses, I started fighting for people's freedom in Viet Nam. Sadly my own government did not have the spine to finish the job. I was 17 when I first went there. I learned at that young age that freedom is what allows people to become what they want. Doesn't matter if they want to be an advanced culture moving into the space age or they just want to be farmers. In the 25 years of my time with the Navy and Marine Corps I went to other places to help people in gaining their freedom.

I am old and worn out but i someone asks me to help gain their freedom, I will still give of myself for them to gain their freedom. Not their government, but the common people. Not the country but the common people in the country.

How they manage their freedom is their choice.

You were brainwashed.Your country fights for nobody except it's own self interest.The Vietnamese were fighting for freedom from the French oppressors and Uncle Ho asked for help from the USA,because you had fought for freedom from the British and French.No such help was supplied so he went and asked the Russians.Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose in.

As an Englishman I am very happy the USA ''stuck it's nose in'' or l would not be here...............................thumbsup.gif

You would still be here,but maybe speaking a different language.

If you like living in provincial China, yup, you'd still be here.

Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose in.

Native Americans?

Apart from that, Nations do invade other Nations, and tend to stick around on occasion.

Interesting responses, I started fighting for people's freedom in Viet Nam. Sadly my own government did not have the spine to finish the job. I was 17 when I first went there. I learned at that young age that freedom is what allows people to become what they want. Doesn't matter if they want to be an advanced culture moving into the space age or they just want to be farmers. In the 25 years of my time with the Navy and Marine Corps I went to other places to help people in gaining their freedom.

I am old and worn out but i someone asks me to help gain their freedom, I will still give of myself for them to gain their freedom. Not their government, but the common people. Not the country but the common people in the country.

You were brainwashed.Your country fights for nobody except it's own self interest.The Vietnamese were fighting for freedom from the French oppressors and Uncle Ho asked for help from the USA,because you had fought for freedom from the British and French.No such help was supplied so he went and asked the Russians.Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose into.

You have, once again, failed to see the big picture. After WWII, their was a great consensus that the Western Allies had given up too much, and failed to have taken the initiative to contain Korea and the Russians. (Douglas Macarther). The Korean War was fought, with no clear outcome, except the security of South Korea (1950's). Soon afterwards, the world saw the French turn tail in South Vietnam (a democracy). There was a mindset that the US was to come to the assistance of South Vietnam.

Your input seems so smug and out of context.

You were brainwashed.Your country fights for nobody except it's own self interest.The Vietnamese were fighting for freedom from the French oppressors and Uncle Ho asked for help from the USA,because you had fought for freedom from the British and French.No such help was supplied so he went and asked the Russians.Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose into.

You have, once again, failed to see the big picture. After WWII, their was a great consensus that the Western Allies had given up too much, and failed to have taken the initiative to contain Korea and the Russians. (Douglas Macarther). The Korean War was fought, with no clear outcome, except the security of South Korea (1950's). Soon afterwards, the world saw the French turn tail in South Vietnam (a democracy). There was a mindset that the US was to come to the assistance of South Vietnam.

Your input seems so smug and out of context.

South Vietnam, a democracy in the 60/70's, sure as much as it is today.

History is an indication of a peoples willingness to fight for their country long after the British ran and left the Malay's and colonials to fight their own war, The Philippino's did not surrender as the Americans did in the early days of the war, but went into the jungles to fight a guerrilla war. But after those wars the British, the American's the Dutch among others came back to reclaim "their" territory.

Many state how the Thai will run from battle, if they do it will be to the jungle to fight a war more suited to them.

As most Thai's can live off the land eating things the people from the "Industrialized" country's would never think of eating living under conditions that many westerners would have problems enduring and as proven in Vietnam, after losing most of the major battles to the American's simply killed as many enemy as they could until, the nation tired of war and demanded that the troops come home.

Guerrilla wars have proven, able to out wait your invaders willingness to losing it sons and the cost that is bankrupting the nation. All you have to do is hold on , make the invader suffer until they quit. Worked in Vietnam with the French and the Americans, In Afghanistan with the Russians and soon the American and Irag was no bed of roses either.

Very few military's can match the American firepower in a fair fight, but the recent war's have proven all countries do not fight fair.

Cheers:wai2.gif

History is an indication of a peoples willingness to fight for their country long after the British ran and left the Malay's and colonials to fight their own war, The Philippino's did not surrender as the Americans did in the early days of the war, but went into the jungles to fight a guerrilla war. But after those wars the British, the American's the Dutch among others came back to reclaim "their" territory.

Many state how the Thai will run from battle, if they do it will be to the jungle to fight a war more suited to them.

As most Thai's can live off the land eating things the people from the "Industrialized" country's would never think of eating living under conditions that many westerners would have problems enduring and as proven in Vietnam, after losing most of the major battles to the American's simply killed as many enemy as they could until, the nation tired of war and demanded that the troops come home.

Guerrilla wars have proven, able to out wait your invaders willingness to losing it sons and the cost that is bankrupting the nation. All you have to do is hold on , make the invader suffer until they quit. Worked in Vietnam with the French and the Americans, In Afghanistan with the Russians and soon the American and Irag was no bed of roses either.

Very few military's can match the American firepower in a fair fight, but the recent war's have proven all countries do not fight fair.

As fairness is not an issue in Thailand can i assume therefore that in your opinion the thais will fight "unfair" ?

And still no one gains anything out of Thailand, delusion is oft the best illusion.

What about you?

Instead of poking and provoking- what is it, that Thailand gave you, that you would fight for?

Come on!

I really like to hear!

As fairness is not an issue in Thailand can i assume therefore that in your opinion the thais will fight "unfair" ?

When I was a young man I was known as a "dirty" fighter because I used my feet in a fight, If I fought on the terms of the much taller, bigger Anglo's in their fair fight concept, I would be at a disadvantage, I would not fight my fight, I would fight their fight.

In a war if you are out numbered or outgunned, you have to pick where and when you are going to fight, tactics that have been proven effective in recent wars, French, Americans in Vietnam, and Russia in Afghanistan and also by the Chinese in Korea as a 10th rate Guerrilla people's army fought the stronger / better armed free-world forces to a stalemate. Simply by being a very mobile army, not tied to the roadways and a willingness to take very high casualties in frontal assaults. Causing the Americans into the longest retreat in their military history, and for the first time in their history of ending a war without a victory on the battlefield.

I am not a Thai brasher as many on this forum are, I consider what I have in Thailand

worth fighting for a much better life then I lived in the U.S.

Hell Yes, by all means it is worth fighting for!

And No! You CANNOT assume any thing about my opinion!

Edited by kikoman

When I was a young man I was known as a "dirty" fighter because I used my feet in a fight, If I fought on the terms of the much taller, bigger Anglo's in their fair fight concept, I would be at a disadvantage, I would not fight my fight, I would fight their fight.

In a war if you are out numbered or outgunned, you have to pick where and when you are going to fight, tactics that have been proven effective in recent wars, French, Americans in Vietnam, and Russia in Afghanistan and also by the Chinese in Korea as a 10th rate Guerrilla people's army fought the stronger / better armed free-world forces to a stalemate. Simply by being a very mobile army, not tied to the roadways and a willingness to take very high casualties in frontal assaults. Causing the Americans into the longest retreat in their military history, and for the first time in their history of ending a war without a victory on the battlefield.

I am not a Thai brasher as many on this forum are, I consider what I have in Thailand

worth fighting for a much better life then I lived in the U.S.

Hell Yes, by all means it is worth fighting for!

And No! You CANNOT assume any thing about my opinion!

The big difference here is that you are not accepted and never will be by governments. .

• Like 2

The type of acceptance I hear on this forum are not valid issues to me, Visa policy I have no problems with, I knew prior to coming to Thailand that I could not own property here.

American visa and consular services fees have increase drastically, Adding blank pages to your passport used to be a free service now there is an $80. fee for the service, notarial frees doubled in price from $25. to $50. all the fees have increased, When I move here the exchange rate was 44 baht to the dollar, that has also changed. Prior to the 1997 crash the exchange rate was 25 baht to the US dollar.

I still find Thailand a lot cheaper to live when you consider the complete cost of Living.

I do not need the acceptance many expats complain about.

• Like 1

The type of acceptance I hear on this forum are not valid issues to me, Visa policy I have no problems with, I knew prior to coming to Thailand that I could not own property here.

American visa and consular services fees have increase drastically, Adding blank pages to your passport used to be a free service now there is an $80. fee for the service, notarial frees doubled in price from $25. to $50. all the fees have increased, When I move here the exchange rate was 44 baht to the dollar, that has also changed. Prior to the 1997 crash the exchange rate was 25 baht to the US dollar.

I still find Thailand a lot cheaper to live when you consider the complete cost of Living.

Think most here are not talking about finances, we are talking about sticking your neck out for a country that does not accept you and never will. A Thai can go to farangland and be accepted totally after a couple of years, big difference, that is why your Thai visa states ''Non - Immigrant'', for however long you have been here.

• Like 2

And still no one gains anything out of Thailand, delusion is oft the best illusion.

What about you?

Instead of poking and provoking- what is it, that Thailand gave you, that you would fight for?

Come on!

I really like to hear!

Please show me where I said I would fight for Thailand?

I am poking to try and provoke an answer from those who state they gain nothing from Thailand, and bitch and bemoan their travails, when they knew them same travails, and stay in a state of denial in regard to certain restriction in their own Western Country. But the said travails are not enough to send them home, so they bitch about the country they choose to reside in.

Thailand is a Kleptocracy and I have seen it and have tasted it's largesse at first hand as my cousin is the fourth mia noi of a provincial big wig. Why would any one of good heart and mind wish to fight for such a state. There's lots to love in Thailand but the government and the army it controls (or is it the other way round?) ain't it.

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Greek: κλέπτης - kleptēs, "thief" and κράτος - kratos, "power, rule",hence "rule by thieves") is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often without pretense of honest service. This type of government corruption is often achieved by the embezzlement of state funds

• Like 1

I like living in Thailand, I love my Thai wife, but, after 8 years of living here and 3 years of marriage I am still seen as an outsider by Thailand....................Why would I see myself as someone who needs to defend a country that holds me at arms length for fear of my needing them in my hour of need?

Why would, or should I embrace Thailand's needs...If it can't or won't embrace mine?

I like living in Thailand, I love my Thai wife, but, after 8 years of living here and 3 years of marriage I am still seen as an outsider by Thailand....................Why would I see myself as someone who needs to defend a country that holds me at arms length for fear of my needing them in my hour of need?

Why would, or should I embrace Thailand's needs...If it can't or won't embrace mine?

For LOVE !!!!!!

Think most here are not talking about finances, we are talking about sticking your neck out for a country that does not accept you and never will. A Thai can go to farangland and be accepted totally after a couple of years, big difference, that is why your Thai visa states ''Non - Immigrant'', for however long you have been here.

A question was asked, Would you fight for Thailand, my answer was , HELL YES!

But I see that you among others on this forum do not understand, or fail to understand, that I have as much right to love Thailand as you have to hate it.

You will never change my mind, with your concept of racial equality of life in the great Farang-land, it is hypocritical. I lived there and know first hand how Farang's feel about not only immigrants, but citizens that are of a different culture or race.

When I feel like going back, I simply type into my computer (Violence against immigrants in the U.S. and Europe) or ( the US police state u-tube) try it some time, Racism is alive and well in Farang-land,

Yes, there are a lot of great caring people in the states of the dominate society, I unlike others do not paint the complete population of the U.S. as evil, as expats do of Thai's.

Obama would never have gotten elected President of the US without those votes.After two election the Right-Wing lunatic fringe of the US fail to under stand that it is the dawn of a new day in the U.S. for the better treatment and rights for all of it's citizens.

I again state " I have as much rights to Love Thailand as you have to hate it"!

Hate on!

A question was asked, Would you fight for Thailand, my answer was , HELL YES!

But I see that you among others on this forum do not understand, or fail to understand, that I have as much right to love Thailand as you have to hate it.

You will never change my mind, with your concept of racial equality of life in the great Farang-land, it is hypocritical. I lived there and know first hand how Farang's feel about not only immigrants, but citizens that are of a different culture or race.

When I feel like going back, I simply type into my computer (Violence against immigrants in the U.S. and Europe) or ( the US police state u-tube) try it some time, Racism is alive and well in Farang-land,

Yes, there are a lot of great caring people in the states of the dominate society, I unlike others do not paint the complete population of the U.S. as evil, as expats do of Thai's.

Obama would never have gotten elected President of the US without those votes.After two election the Right-Wing lunatic fringe of the US fail to under stand that it is the dawn of a new day in the U.S. for the better treatment and rights for all of it's citizens.

I again state " I have as much rights to Love Thailand as you have to hate it"!

Hate on!

You must have been an angry man, i assume. That anger has changed into love. You are on the right track. Well done.

I only get upset when people attempt to rewrite and lie to my face about the racial history of Farang-land as being all things to every one and all are afforded the same rights as immigrants in the US, that is not the reality of life in the U.S.!

I know the truth of racial relations in their home country is not a virtue of most Thai-bashing posters, that view it though their rose-colored glasses and tend to view Thailand as seen through a beer bottle.

Maybe the next time you place another one line response to my post, to elicit a response, you will make an effort to rebut my allegations of rampant discrimination in the U.S.

Again I have the same rights to love Thailand as you have to hate it.

I only get upset when people attempt to rewrite and lie to my face about the racial history of Farang-land as being all things to every one and all are afforded the same rights as immigrants in the US, that is not the reality of life in the U.S.!

I know the truth of racial relations in their home country is not a virtue of most Thai-bashing posters, that view it though their rose-colored glasses and tend to view Thailand as seen through a beer bottle.

Maybe the next time you place another one line response to my post, to elicit a response, you will make an effort to rebut my allegations of rampant discrimination in the U.S.

First you go on about your finances regarding you living, or should l say staying in LOS and your willingness to take up arms, now your telling others they hate LOS. Totally ridiculous assumption. Some here are being realistic about their rights in LOS, which are very few.

• Like 1

People do, I hear it all the time that Thailand is ''their' home. It's a serious question that I often ask such people and get a less than convincing answer along the lines of '...oh I don't know about that'.

Home, as physical address, and place for live with family...yes.

Home as a country?? pretty clearly we, foreigners are unwanted here, rules are rather against us being here, than encouraging.

Fight for it?

NEVER!

• Like 1

I think a better question would be: "Would a Thai fight for Thailand?"

Various ad hoc, unofficial, yes, amateur (and of course anonymous) surveys have been seen over the years in Asia...and the results are not very pleasant (with the exception of one country, guess which one).

First you go on about your finances regarding you living, or should l say staying in LOS and your willingness to take up arms, now your telling others they hate LOS. Totally ridiculous assumption. Some here are being realistic about their rights in LOS, which are very few.

I Love my life in Thailand and I am willing to fight for it, go back and read the post, I was taken to tasks about liking Thai's and Thailand, You and a few others can not stand the fact that I love Thailand.

I am merely saying to you my feelings again listen, I will type it slowly.

I have as much right to love Thailand, as you have the right to hate it.

If you hate Thailand then that statement pertains to you

If you do not hate Thailand then that statement does not pertain to you.

I have clearly answered the Question, I love Thailand.

Now you answer the same question,

Do not try to manipulate what I said to fit your opinion, and as TV keeps all post on record, all one has to do is to go back and look at all the records of what has been posted by yourself and by me, then they can make their own decision.

I Love my life in Thailand and I am willing to fight for it, go back and read the post, I was taken to tasks about liking Thai's and Thailand, You and a few others can not stand the fact that I love Thailand.

I am merely saying to you my feelings again listen, I will type it slowly.

I have as much right to love Thailand, as you have the right to hate it.

If you hate Thailand then that statement pertains to you

If you do not hate Thailand then that statement does not pertain to you.

I have clearly answered the Question, I love Thailand.

Now you answer the same question,

Do not try to manipulate what I said to fit your opinion, and as TV keeps all post on record, all one has to do is to go back and look at all the records of what has been posted by yourself and by me, then they can make their own decision.

Think you totally do not understand what l have said. BUT, you carry on with your thoughts of giving your life to a country that will thank you whistling.gif , or even better stop the hurdles and you be excepted to be accepted. I would really love to see the day that we will be accepted as carers of many of their nationals.

• Like 1

yes Transam....being realistic about the place doesn't necessarily mean you hate it.....Just some wont be realistic I guess.

• Like 1

trans Am,

I understand totally what you have said, I Answered the Question ask by the OP, stating "Yes,, Thailand is my home" you answer and quoted my post and stated "you reckon? oooooops your thai but its where you rest your head, it's not for sure"

I do not know you and do not care to, I know exactly what you are,

I also noticed that you failed to state a answer if you would fight for Thailand, and do you Love (like) Hate or (dislike).Thailand

But I knew you would not answer that question, the only post, I responded to you an other poster, but the answer was mostly that I was foolish to lay down my life for a country that would never accept me.

I have all ready been accepted by my village, my in-law and our Thai family.

I DO NOT need the type of acceptance you whine for.

Another Question I asked you at the git go was,

"You may question if what you have in Thailand is worth fighting for,But do not question mind, because it is worth fighting for"

There is no miss understanding, You plain and simple did not like my answer "Yes it is my home"

Edited by kikoman

I would fight for thailand if we are invaded by aliens... These guys who eat brain or take us alive to put eggs in our stomach.

I strongly believe they will come one day and everybody on earth will fight together. Doesn't matter your citizenship, nationality, we need to win to save Thailand and our planet earth.

Oh yeah count on me baby...

Hubbard told me....!