Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone, someday, somewhere said "There is nothing called a free lunch"

Talking is one thing, walking the talk is another completely different story.

Of course, this type of comment is detested my the "majority"

But the minority rules, today.

tongue.png

Edited by ravip

Those of us here on retirement ext. are probably too old to fight, never mind for whom, for whatever reason. Such a stupid question for an old git.

You must be a young-un if you are thinking about this, hypothetically!

qdinthailand

In theory I would, in practice I would be afraid to be sent on suicide missions by officers who hate farangs.

I would not. If the Thai mentality of fighting is similar to on the streets, then the only way Thais would fight is if they outnumbered the enemy by about six to one.

yes I would strangely enough

This country lacks leaders giving direction.

Just so they don't go running into each other like they do on the footpath.:lol:

Edited by LindsayBKK

People who like to fight will do so with any excuse.

I like to think I wouldn't for any reason, would definitely prefer to sit in jail.

But if someone were harming my immediate family I suppose I wouldn't have a choice. . .

yes I would strangely enough

This country lacks leaders giving direction.

Just so they don't go running into each other like they do on the footpath.laugh.png

If "you" want to lead you must have the cash to back it up.....Sadly.....sad.png

I don't know if I would put much faith in the commanding officers of the Thai regiment I would be assigned to, assuming I volunteered and was accepted for active service. Nor would I want to become involved in a Thai vs. Thai civil war because of recent past events in Thailand where the military engaged in some questionable acts. I also wouldn't want to be captured when the Asians get going against each other.

attachicon.gifThammasat3.jpg attachicon.gifThammasat2.jpg

attachicon.gifbangkok-massacre-1976-.jpg attachicon.gifthammassat 1.jpg

I did my time in the jungle and I have seen my share of dead and tortured people. I can do without it. It's miserable. You're wet, eaten alive by insects, the food is bad, there's nowhere decent to take a dump and sleeping in the mud is not fun. I was never trained for combat and I'd probably be killed quickly. My friends who have done active service in Thailand have some serious emotional wounds and I don't want to end up like some of them.

Man,

I got that wrong.

I thought the whole jungle could serve as a toilet.

JUst watch your step.

Let me be frank about it.

Born in country A. Spent 33 years in it.

Changed to country B. Spent 33 years in it.

Moved to country C. Live 7 years in it.

There is not a chance in this world I would go fight for A, B or C.

Why should I?

I have often fought for my beliefs, for my life, for my family, for my home... my own wars.

Never somebody else's. Never for any politicians. Let them do their own fighting.

That would be a very small foreign brigade. As we know, they are not very generous with PR's or citizenship.

And you would probably need a workpermit!whistling.gif

No I would not! Defend values I don't believe in??

The Thai Foreign Legion Morale song

Chorus:

Here you are, some chilli sausage, some chilli sausage, some chilli sausage For the Cambodians, Burmese and the Muslims For the Cambodians, there's none left, For the Burmese, there's none left, They're lazy shirkers. For the Cambodians, there's none left, For the Cambodians, there's none left, They're lazy shirkers.

1st verse:

We are crafty. We are rogues. We are no ordinary guys. We've often got our black moods, For we are Legionnaires. In Pattaya the Immortal Legion Honoured our flag at Wireless Road. Heroes of Bars and model brothers - Sleep in peace in your tombs.

(Repeat Chorus)

2nd verse:

Our ancestors knew to die For the glory of the Legion. We will know to perish According to tradition. During our far-off campaigns, Facing fever and fire, Let us forget, along with our hardships, Death, which forgets us so little. (For) We (are), the Legion.

(Repeat Chorus)

CCC

This is a funny translation/adaptation of the hymn of the French Foreign Legion Edited by alyx