Child British Passport Renewal

Since I'm going to UK next week on holiday (on my own), can I bring my 5 y/o daughter's passport with me and send it, along with the application and the supporting documents, to IPS in London and have them send it back to Thailand?

Or send it via DHL to Hong Kong is my only option?

Thanks

No, they will not post it to Thailand.

If you are in the UK for long enough you could, in theory, apply by mail and have the passport delivered to a UK address, then either bring it back yourself or mail it or courier it to Thailand.

I won't be there too long (just 10 days) but I may have someone to courier it to Thailand for me once it'll be ready.

I guess it'll definitely be cheaper and quicker then going through Hong Kong.

Thanks

i would think you should get it back in 10 days, not sure if you can use the post office service if the person isn't present, just make sure you get the photo's spot on with the guidelines see here - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

I tried to do this over the summer in London. Th e child must be in the UK at the time you make the application. If child normally lives in Thailand then that is where you have to do it.

i would think you should get it back in 10 days, not sure if you can use the post office service if the person isn't present, just make sure you get the photo's spot on with the guidelines see here - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

I tried to do this over the summer in London. Th e child must be in the UK at the time you make the application. If child normally lives in Thailand then that is where you have to do it.

Yes - if I remember correctly there is a rule on the form that says you must be actually in the country that you are applying from and that they will also only deliver it to the same country you apply from.