Yahoo mail gone mental

oldsalt

I can't see any posts here on problems with Yahoo mail so am wondering if it is just me!

For the past week I have had enormous problems with Yahoo on my mac desktop computer. A pop up message from Yahoo suggested I update both Safari and Firefox, which I did, but it has made no difference. My internet connection is satellite and very slow, so I put the problems down to that. But now I am "in town" with a wifi connection and have tried on my laptop, which is Explorer, but there is still a problem. Yahoo mail gives me no box to check for deleting spam, or any other action, and once I open an email there is no facility to hit a reply button! On the desktop, it would not reply and would also just shut down. On one occasion it asked me if I wanted to empty the trash and I had not even touched a key.

It can't be a computer problem as I have tried now on both my desktop and my laptop and with three different browsers. I have also had emails bounce back from addresses they have been going to for years. Anyone else having issues? Gmail is working fine.

In the past, I've had the same weird problems on a MAC with Firefox.

I don't remember exactly what cured it other than Yahoo cleared up it self after closing and relogging in over several days. It seemed like it was a code upgrade and not all the pieces integrated properly.

Try the usual clear cache, change DNS servers and try a different browser.

I have found Yahoo mail to be working very poorly. I work where the internet is very slow and Yahoo mail is almost unusable.

My Gmail works so much better even with my slow connection.

So, you are not alone with this problem.

• Like 1

I'm also experiencing problems as of today, was fine yesterday.

When I opened my Yahoo mail on my desktop, my preview pane, which is normally on the top half of the screen was now on the right-hand side. I went into 'view' and changed it ok but the "reply" buttons (all 3 of them) were missing.

I logged out and tried my laptop instead and the reply buttons were displayed normally.

I then replied to an email but I didn't get the usual "message sent" acknowledgement and the original email has not been marked as replied to. I tried this with a couple of other emails/senders and got the same result.

Another winning upgrade from Yahoo. sad.png

Yep, posted a few complaints already, the NEW yahoo mail: worse than ever, terrible!!!!

Just today, I signed onto Yahoo mail and they did an 'upgrade' which is one of the worst upgrades I have ever seen for a piece of software. They replaced words with tiny simbles that all look the same. If you put your cursor over the simble, it shows the word that the simble replacec. Much harder to use. Yahoo e-mail keeps getting worse and worse. After many years with Yahoo (folders I have created for friends, business.... I may be forced to give it up and bite the bullet and switch to another e-mail. I just don't understand why they keep changing it and every change makes it worse.wub.png