First Oil change service due - Honda dealer or local guys?

mattk1

Hi

I think you will find that you need to do it at a Honda dealership to maintain your warranty. There are dealers everywhere so i'm sure it can't be too much out of your way. It's not much more at Honda to get the oil change done and they are more likely to use decent oil appropriate for the engine. If it's your first service period (6 months) you'll probably only need this doing. If you get it done elsewhere, i don't think there are 'approved' service centres here that are non-Honda like the west, where it will qualify to maintain the warranty. When you get it done at Honda, they update your service card electronically to register the service. Not worth the hassle to get it done elsewhere when your warranty hasn't expired. When it has then go to B-QUIK or wherever.

Hi

I think you will find that you need to do it at a Honda dealership to maintain your warranty. There are dealers everywhere so i'm sure it can't be too much out of your way. It's not much more at Honda to get the oil change done and they are more likely to use decent oil appropriate for the engine. If it's your first service period (6 months) you'll probably only need this doing. If you get it done elsewhere, i don't think there are 'approved' service centres here that are non-Honda like the west, where it will qualify to maintain the warranty. When you get it done at Honda, they update your service card electronically to register the service. Not worth the hassle to get it done elsewhere when your warranty hasn't expired. When it has then go to B-QUIK or wherever.

I see no point in not using Honda. Give the Service Book to B Quick, and if they do all the things listed, theres no saving worth a mention. coffee1.gif

First 10,000 km check is important. Just take it to Honda service. They offer free snacks, coffee (nescafe), wifi, even ice cream to customers in Lounge.

Price of Labor is pretty cheap (compared to Toyota). I can guarantee it is much much cheaper than compared to your homecountry.

Cheers for all the replies guys, much appreciated!

I will book it in with Honda at the weekend and see if they will just change the oil while I wait. I can't leave it with them unfortunately which is why I wondered about getting it done at local garage.

Cheers again!