Outdoor fish bowl

Two of my daughters guppies in her fish tank have given birth to about two dozen babies. Mothers and children doing well.

The downside of all this is we will have an overloaded fish tank when they all grow up in a few weeks, so we've bought one of those big thai style fish bowls for our porch and stuck a water Lilly plant in the middle and in a few days well transfer some of the guppies over.

A couple of questions:

- Will the guppies need to be fed fish food, or will they able to eat algae, mosquito larvae etc?

- should I get any other fish to deal with algae, or will the guppies be enough?

- any other tips welcome.

well my learned friend i have quite a large fish pond in the garden with goldies in,they breed about 2 sets of offspring every year.the last few months there seems to have been 2 come-ins together by whom its anyones guess.they do follow the adults about and are always feeding off whatever is on the features we have in the pond.i feed all the fish on optimum aquarium and the young uns feed freely on it as well.it says on the packet mini pellet.pity we dont live close by we could swop.

• Like 1

I have 2 fish bowls in front of my home. Don't know exactly what fish are in it as my wife bought them at the market. They breed quit often and neighbors come buy and "steal" some from time to time. I feed them SAKURA fish food available in our local pharmacy. No fish will completely control the algae. I have to drain and clean them about every 2 months. The dogs also use them for water and in the hot season one of my Goldens climbs in and sleeps in it with his head hanging over the side.

• Like 1

We feed ours for a few days in a new bowl or when we've cleaned out one of the existing ones.

Helps them keep going whilst the natural ecosystem gets established.

Once the natural cycles have started no need to feed.

We feed ours for a few days in a new bowl or when we've cleaned out one of the existing ones.

interesting. What sort of stuff do they end up feeding off?

i tried that with my first wf.she died cheesy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

They're well known for eating mosquito larvae, but I also see them nibbling on the green stuff that grows on the sides of the pot and plant leaves.

• Like 1

They're well known for eating mosquito larvae, but I also see them nibbling on the green stuff that grows on the sides of the pot and plant leaves.

Wife "Have the fish eaten?"

Me "Yes they eat mosquito last night."