Is Panthongtae Shinawatra preparing to enter the fray?

webfact

I would keep eyes on sister Yaowapha! She is a ruthless business person and a cunning politician. She has vast influence

and is respected in strategic circles. Yingluck is a viable player as well. I think the son is a just a distraction. This family stretches wide and far.

The question I am asking is how the 2015 Asean opening will effect Thai politics and the general way of doing business in Thailand. When will

the young generation speak up and ask the tough questions and participate in critical thinking thus changing the landscape of politics..

And there are a couple others in the family

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is meant to be a bloody democracy, not a position to be filled by hereditary title..... Who do the Shiniwatras think they are?

You can't really blame old mate Thaksin for doing what he sees as in the best interests of (his) political party. The laws allow such things to take place, señor Thaksin is just using it to his advantage. Nothing stopping any other political heavyweights from doing the same, no matter their shirt colour de jour..

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

The players make the rules here, case in point and very relevant to Thaksin's rampant nepotism, PTP's push to amend the constitution to remove the ban of MP family members from being elected to the senate.

Regarding the rate of inflation. Official figures are always good for a laugh, and and TV poster that believes in them must have a wicked sense of humour. I do most of our shopping in local markets and Lotus. I can relay my own experience in living in rural Thailand; these prices have increased by well over 30% in the past 18 months. Perhaps they got the decimal point in the wrong place.... 1.4% really means 14%. After increasing the minimum wage by 50% is there anyone really surprised?

"official figures are always good for a laugh"!!!

So if you badly flunked an exam and complained that you thought that your answers were 'quite good actually' they will then reverse this to a pass!!!

Perhaps I should advise these officials to simply nip down to 7-11 once a month on a Friday evening to check the price of Mama. If it is still the same then there is no inflation but if it has gone up from 8 baht to 10 baht then Thailand's inflation rate went from 0 to 25% for the month.

Very sound economics - by the way, which Tesco's do you go to so that I can tell them to check this one out as you don't want there to be any discrepancies in their calculations, do youcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

BTW, that hole of yours is coming along nicely, not long now and you will be at the centre of the earth!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

I personally believe that the question is irrelevant, as the days of the Shinawatra empire are drawing to a close. Those who believe this is not possible would be advised to read up on the fall of the Roman empire.

It is the other 'empire' that is on its last legs.

The Shinawatra dynasty will continue for many years to come, having no other viable alternatives.

However poorly the people 'up-country' perceive this government, they are still far more embittered by the Democrat government's 'Bitter Medicine' policies of the 90's than anything this government could possibly do to alienate themselves.

• Like 1

However poorly the people 'up-country' perceive this government, they are still far more embittered by the Democrat government's 'Bitter Medicine' policies of the 90's than anything this government could possibly do to alienate themselves.

Sadly that medication was as a result of the sickness suffered by the Thai economy due to Thaksin and his cronies prescribed diet for the Thai economy

The self same people who prescribed that diet then are all now back in Thailand and safe under the statute of limitations from any legal repercussions at all, others are running football teams and the Indian born grand master is the only one in the slammer the rest are walking free.

The action replay of the 1997 financial crisis and power sharing is now being staged.

Winner takes all and the only losers will be, or in fact are theThai People.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

He has a good business track record to do it....what with that bun shop and the bts advertising agency all doing so well.

Yes, amazing that isn't it? And all done without an iota of business sense and talent. I wonder why that is?

He's 34?

Looks not much older than 20 with a head 3 times too large for his girly man body.

Is he gay?...not that there is anything wrong with that...

Funny, you've taken the words out my family's mouth...the concenus is "he is gay"! Tho I suppose he could give you a nasty "bitch slap"? wub.png

Since I've read reports where he says he's not interested, I would suppose he will enter politics and learn on the job as his aunt Ms. Yingluck has tried to do.

Do you really think she's try to learn anything? Apart from which countries are best for which types of shopping.

Interesting that people are more bothered about this than attempts to reform the increasingly divided Democrats that could open up a fratricidal split over the leadership.

Yes but maybe that is because this thread is about Oak, not the Democrats. Not a very good attempt at diversion.

According to the Bangkok Post, he said he would not run for office if given the choice. Those last 4 words are key - if daddy says so, then.............

• Like 1

Maybe Baby!

Oak is just Learning The Game. Everyday, he's Crying,Waiting,Hoping for his turn at the trough.

His father, Thaksin tells him What To Do, saying It's So Easy to be a leader, yet he will Not Fade Away himself.

His aunt, Yingluck's advice is Think It Over and Take Your Time, after all, you're a Heartbeat away from being the next leader of the most popular political party in Thailand, and That Makes It Tough.

But, I Guess It Doesn't Matter Anymore?.

post-9891-0-61086400-1381219570_thumb.jppost-9891-0-04262900-1381219559_thumb.jp

Apologies to Buddy Holly fans, including myself.

• Like 1

Thaksin has never really understood what was required to appease his main supporters, up-country poor people.

On the contrary, Thaksin knows exactly what up-country poor people need, but isn't inclined to give it to them. He treats them with the same contempt as every other rich politician, but they overwhelmingly turn out to vote for him and his acolytes - I'm no fan but he's not as stupid as you seem to make out. As long as the family silver and gold is still present, they will still generally vote for him and his.

• Like 2

This is meant to be a bloody democracy, not a position to be filled by hereditary title..... Who do the Shiniwatras think they are?

You can't really blame old mate Thaksin for doing what he sees as in the best interests of (his) political party. The laws allow such things to take place, señor Thaksin is just using it to his advantage. Nothing stopping any other political heavyweights from doing the same, no matter their shirt colour de jour..

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

If you don't mind, I'll choose to dislike both. Thank you!

Maybe Baby!

Oak is just Learning The Game. Everyday, he's Crying,Waiting,Hoping for his turn at the trough.

His father, Thaksin tells him What To Do, saying It's So Easy to be a leader, yet he will Not Fade Away himself.

His aunt, Yingluck's advice is Think It Over and Take Your Time, after all, you're a Heartbeat away from being the next leader of the most popular political party in Thailand, and That Makes It Tough.

attachicon.gifbuddy_holly_blog.jpgattachicon.gifbehm.jpg

Having a Rave On?

Maybe Baby!

Having a Rave On?

This thread has gone quiet. I can hear Crickets chirping.

Maybe Baby!

Having a Rave On?

This thread has gone quiet. I can hear Crickets chirping.

Oh Boy!!!rolleyes.gif

A quiet thread here on TVF? That'll Be The Day.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

One wonders whether his old mate Jakrob Penkar might return to the fold they were indeed ''bosom buddies.'' Jakrob Pekar was Thaksins governments mouthpiece for a time too. Who knows Jakrob Penkar may well become Panthongtae mouthpiece if the post is open for daddy's boywhistling.gif

However daddy didn't like the ''friendship'' that his son and Penkar formed I wonder why?whistling.gif

Penkar skipped the country some years back due if my memory is correct to a Lese Majeste matter

Edited by siampolee

I'm of the opinion that Yingluck would exit her job at the first opportunity, we all know she didn't want it in the first place. However I think she will be forced to fight the next election and to serve one more term if she wins, she'll likely step down after that term and this guy will be the new show in town after spending one term in Parliament.

It wouldn't shock me if that was the master plan, but it is full of assumptions, one being that TS is still alive at the next election plus one, age and ill health wait for no one. I wonder to what extent his party would implode at his demise.

When is the next election due?

What if it's only the Thaksinistas who stand between the Thai government and something unimaginably radical and violent???

I'm of the opinion that Yingluck would exit her job at the first opportunity, we all know she didn't want it in the first place. However I think she will be forced to fight the next election and to serve one more term if she wins, she'll likely step down after that term and this guy will be the new show in town after spending one term in Parliament.

It wouldn't shock me if that was the master plan, but it is full of assumptions, one being that TS is still alive at the next election plus one, age and ill health wait for no one. I wonder to what extent his party would implode at his demise.

When is the next election due?

"I wonder to what extent his party would implode at his demise. "

There would certainly be national weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.