Anti-government protesters rally at Government House

webfact

Anti-government protesters rally at Government House
By English News

13812033756855.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 8 -- Anti-government protesters at Lumpini Park have moved to protest at Government House as traffic were closed around the areas.

The People’s Army against the Thaksin Regime led by Thaikorn Polsuwan and Adm Chai Suwannaphap, an anti-government movement which has protested at Lumpini Park since early August, shifted their protest site to Government House yesterday.

The protesters stayed at Chamai Maruchet Bridge on Phitsanulok Road, using a truck with a loudspeaker as their stage. Their leaders took turns attacking the government, particularly the Constitution amendment bill.

Mr Thaikorn said he believed more people will join the protest today.

More than two companies of crowd control police have deployed at Government House.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang said the police set up a check point to provide safety for the protesters and roads are closed at Misakawan, Nang Lerng and Wat Benjamabophit intersections.

Motorists are advised to avoid roads around Government House as trafficis stalled due to the protest. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-08

What this? No State of Emergency or Internal Security Act declared? I clearly see people sitting peacefully in the street. This outrage should not be allowed to happen!

or order the border police to tear-gas them....

• Like 1

What is it with Thai people? If we don't get it our way now, we will block the road!

I count less than 10 protesters, and 2 companies of crowd control police are on stand-by!whistling.gif

Will someone please call Pol Gen Adul, because their cars are more than 10 years old.

• Like 2

What this? No State of Emergency or Internal Security Act declared? I clearly see people sitting peacefully in the street. This outrage should not be allowed to happen!

or order the border police to tear-gas them....

They are lucky! Today is October the 8th, not the 6th.

• Like 1

Chai Suwannaphap one of the leaders of the equally unpopular Pitak Siam...who threatened a takeover and then went home because it was raining. Now the leader of another protest group by the name of Dads Army. Same hard core paid for troube causers and same inept leadership. When will they learn that their day has gone and they have no support.

More importantly when will the financial backers of these groups realise that they can not create any sort of uprising to overthrow a democratically elected government. These backers have had their snout hoofed out of the government contract trough and are not likely to be milking the citizens of Thailand again.... anytime soon

Chai Suwannaphap one of the leaders of the equally unpopular Pitak Siam...who threatened a takeover and then went home because it was raining. Now the leader of another protest group by the name of Dads Army. Same hard core paid for troube causers and same inept leadership. When will they learn that their day has gone and they have no support.

More importantly when will the financial backers of these groups realise that they can not create any sort of uprising to overthrow a democratically elected government. These backers have had their snout hoofed out of the government contract trough and are not likely to be milking the citizens of Thailand again.... anytime soon

Correct - Shin Corp are the only approved government milkers of the citizens of Thailand now.whistling.gif

Think of it as a sort of franchise.

• Like 2

What is it with Thai people? If we don't get it our way now, we will block the road!

I count less than 10 protesters, and 2 companies of crowd control police are on stand-by!whistling.gif

Will someone please call Pol Gen Adul, because their cars are more than 10 years old.

To be for democracy and against corruption is something good and I got told that there are at least 20 protesters laugh.png

I know, it's terrible - they should have chosen Ratchaprasong. I think you should go beyond using your fingers to count as there are at least 25 in the photo.

I know, it's terrible - they should have chosen Ratchaprasong. I think you should go beyond using your fingers to count as there are at least 25 in the photo.

I think it is a couple hundreds.

Good for nothing protesters. Zero constructive criticism of the government. Not contributing with any ideas on how to combat corruption, raise education standards, deal with the drug menace, handle the situation in the south etc.

All those areas are the responsibility of the "good for nothing" government.

The government is the one not combating corruption, not raising education standards, not dealing with the drug menace, not handling the situation in the south, etc.

This is a focused protest.

They disagree with the government's attempt at amending the Constitution.

These backers have had their snout hoofed out of the government contract trough and are not likely to be milking the citizens of Thailand again.... anytime soon

Yes, that trough gluttony is the exclusive right of Shinawatra Incorporated who is milking Thailand by a factor of 100.

• 1 month later...

Good for nothing protesters. Zero constructive criticism of the government. Not contributing with any ideas on how to combat corruption, raise education standards, deal with the drug menace, handle the situation in the south etc.

All those areas are the responsibility of the "good for nothing" government.

The government is the one not combating corruption, not raising education standards, not dealing with the drug menace, not handling the situation in the south, etc.

This is a focused protest.

They disagree with the government's attempt at amending the Constitution.

And the military dictatorship we had before? What did they do to address these issues in your opinion?