Visa info

Hi, I have been living in Thailand for 18 months now. My girlfriend is there on a work permit and I had a non O tourist visa multiple entry, I have now got a job but I do not have a degree, I'm not sure what visa I need or am required to have, please help???

Hi, I had a non O visa but my visa has expired, I am in the UK on holiday now, I am teaching but have been working on my tourist visa and just doing border runs, I have proof that I'm working to show the Thai consulate in UK. Ideally I would like a visa that shows I work but as I said I don't have a degree so I think this might be a problem. 18 months ago I had a 12month multiple entry tourist visa which was great but now I have been told the maximum issued now is a triple entry visa. I just need to know if I can apply for some sort of business visa or anything? thanks for your replies.

"I had a non "O" 12 month multiple entry tourist visa" .

There is not and never , as far as I am aware, has there ever been such a "visa".

There is also a suggestion that Mr. Swansea had an "O" visa perhaps he will tell us on what basis that visa was issued ?

"Tourists" are specifically not allowed to work and there is no "visa" which shows the holder works !

The OP needs some serious help before a world of trouble descends !

Hopefully the experts will advise .

Edited by Sceptict11

I had it because I was accompanying my girlfriend who was given a 2 year contract, all in all the "visa" lasted 15 months. I then went to Laos and got a single entry tourist visa to tie me over until I came home. Thailand is the sort of country where people couldn't care if you teach on a tourist visa so this is why I am asking what people do if they are a TEFL teacher without a degree, what visa do they get?

"I had a non O tourist visa multiple entry"

I don't think so.

If you had a tourist visa, it probably said "employment prohibited." If you had a Non-imm O visa, were you given an extension of stay for some reason and did you get a multiple re-entry permit from Immigrations?

I had it because I was accompanying my girlfriend who was given a 2 year contract, all in all the "visa" lasted 15 months. I then went to Laos and got a single entry tourist visa to tie me over until I came home. Thailand is the sort of country where people couldn't care if you teach on a tourist visa so this is why I am asking what people do if they are a TEFL teacher without a degree, what visa do they get?

"Thailand is the sort of country where people couldn't care if you teach on a tourist visa ..."

Not sure which "people" you're thinking of, but rest assured some people in Immigrations wouldn't take that view.

Edited by Suradit69

"I had it because I was accompanying my girlfriend who was given a 2 year contract, all in all the "visa" lasted 15 months. I then went to Laos and got a single entry tourist visa to tie me over until I came home. Thailand is the sort of country where people couldn't care if you teach on a tourist visa so this is why I am asking what people do if they are a TEFL teacher without a degree, what visa do they get?"

Interesting why should a NON "O" visa be granted to a "boyfriend" because his "girlfriend" had a two year contract ?

Am I missing something ?

If so will one of the experts please enlighten me smile.png

Thailand is the sort of country where people couldn't care if you teach on a tourist visa so this is why I am asking what people do if they are a TEFL teacher without a degree, what visa do they get?

Hahaha nice one chief...

Go on, give us another one!

Thailand does care if you work (and pay your taxes) or not. People do get arrested for this and schools are cheked. Working without a work permit is punishable with a fine of 100,000 baht and/or 5 years in jail.

A visa does not allows you to work, only a work permit does, in combination with the right kind of visa.

Somehow I don't think the consulate will be impressed with applying for a visa based on you working illegally.