If you had to choose one

ChrisB87

Hung Lay. Awesome stuff and fairly easy to make. Pork belly, peanuts, pickled garlic... so many of my favorite things all together. Much like the double big mac poster, I have a fast food confession: I love the Thai version of Katsu Kare with green curry and fried chicken that I first experienced at KFC. Made at home with a few tweaks and better quality ingredients the stuff goes from interesting to hard to resist and is probably my runner up.

"pat ka-pow gi" Theres a old restaurant near where i stay and this dude does this dish in an ABSOLUTELY fabulously delicious way.

In fact a friend who stayed long-term near this old restaurant, used to eat this for...breakfast lunch & supper cos it was so GOOD!

post-140546-0-32521600-1381510057_thumb.

Edited by CaptainPeacock
  • Like 1

"pat ka-pow gi" Theres a old restaurant near where i stay and this dude does this dish in an ABSOLUTELY fabulously delicious way.

In fact a friend who stayed long-term near this old restaurant, used to eat this for...breakfast lunch & supper cos it was so GOOD!

attachicon.gifpat ka-pow gi.jpg

I think in the picture is "pad bai ho-ra-pa gai", not "pad ka-pow gai".

attachicon.gifpat ka-pow gi.jpg

I think in the picture is "pad bai ho-ra-pa gai", not "pad ka-pow gai".

It was the only pic i could find quickly, but folks here know what i mean...smile.png

Only a month to go and i'll be back there eating this every DAY!thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kung Chae Nam Pla

2147993276_064a39da73_o.jpg

If you’re lucky, you get it with Som Tum sprinkled on top

5green-papaya-salad.jpg

I love the raw prawns - my non-Thai friends look at me like I'm nuts and my family, when they visit, will not even try it. That veg that looks like celery that comes with it though is sooooo bitter - I leave that bit :) Som Tam too (Northern Style) but no crab - lovely while I eat it, then half hour of tongue agony after lol!