Waking Up Windows 8 (no press any key wakeup?)

pkspeaker

Whats the deal with win8 wakeups? got a win8 laptop, they apparently think its easier just using the power button but i use mine with the tv and a wireless keyboard, i was unable to manipulate the settings so that it wakes up by tapping mouse or pressing anykey..

nope, no wake-up on this win8 laptop except using the power button, i think i will have to find a 3rd party utility that brings back keyborad/mouse wake-ups..unless someone knows something about the win8 control panel that I'm missing.. I should take a look at the bios, it might be there..now i just need to remember how to get into the bios.. was it hold down F2?

another thing on win8 is the windows key now will only throw you into tile mode, no STARTmenu.. i already know of 3rd party apps that bring the start menu back but havn't bothered to install them yet..

Edited by pkspeaker

i know i can leave it on all the time and disable sleep, i want it to sleep, just wanna wake-up by pressing any key

we know they're better, we also know you can get 2 pcs for the price of 1 mac.. thats what always keeps me on the pcs

oh no not another version of Windoze....w00t.gifwhen will you guys learn Macs have far less problems, generally speaking .... thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by pkspeaker

What's the make and model of your laptop?

Google searches for "windows8 usb wireless keyboard won't wake" turns up some things to check:
1a:
Go into Device Manager and click on the > next to Keyboards. Right click on your keyboard and select Properties. Under the Power Management tab tick the box to "Allow this device to wake the computer". Repeat this for the mouse.

1b:

Go into Device Manager, and look for a section called Human Interface Devices.

2. In this example, they found the answer in BIOS settings

There was a BIOS setting called: Wake Up Event Setup -> Resume from S3 by USB Device
It was default to [Disabled].

OK tx, got it, on the laptop version of windows 8 its in the BIOS settings, it cant be done in the devise manager.. it still doesn't wake-up when i tap the laptops keyboard or touchpad but now it wakes up when i tap the external keyboard-which was what i needed.. i also found in the bios a way to prevent the system from asking for a password everytime its boots, but its still asking for that password but not a big issue since i rarely do a bootup..

Edited by pkspeaker