Adult-only condos? Where?

2planes3towers

Lots of posts I see about Russians, some good, some not so good. My experience so far has been good, except for one detail: lots of Russian families here with kids.

I'm at the restaurant and there are Russian kids, whining and screaming. I've even been at the bars a couple of times and yes, Russian kids, whining and screaming. Not ideal, but I can live with this.

But I'm now hearing Russian kids whining and screaming as I eat, sleep and play in the condo that I'm renting. Enough. This is where I draw the line.

What the hell is wrong with Ko Chang? Can't we have family-oriented destinations and then adult-oriented destinations? Who would want to bring their kids to a locale dominated by sleezy expats anyways? <deleted>!

Anyways...

Is there a short-list of condos in Pattaya that are adult-only? I'm guessing that the Soi Buakhaow area is probably a good bet but if I can I'd rather not sacrifice being near the beach. Surely I am not the first to express this preference. Markets adapt to demand, yes? Right? Please?

I have lived at Park Beach Condominium, Soi Naklua 16, right on the beach, for coming up on 2 years, and I have seen or heard a child less than a dozen times. I think there is one family here with a child about age 5 that I see now and then. Never been a bother. An eclectic mix of nationalities, but very quiet.

Older building, with superb management and a fine maintenance crew.

I think there are a number of studios and largr units available for long term rental.

I have lived at Park Beach Condominium, Soi Naklua 16, right on the beach, for coming up on 2 years, and I have seen or heard a child less than a dozen times. I think there is one family here with a child about age 5 that I see now and then. Never been a bother. An eclectic mix of nationalities, but very quiet.

Older building, with superb management and a fine maintenance crew.

I think there are a number of studios and largr units available for long term rental.

I'm going to check this out, thanks. Been meaning to check out the Wongamat area for awhile anyways.

The more you pay, the better the neighbors behave I have discovered.

I'm paying quite a bit for a studio but it's on a high floor with a great sea view. In Jomtien.

I think the problem is that the building does a lot of short-term accommodations; it's almost like a long-stay hotel in a way.

Thanks for the replies all.

• Like 1

One of my family ask me to write this. Plse excuse -

We have buildings at Jomtien and Cozy Beach. Noise, activity & foot traffic in the common areas (lobby, lift, corridors, pool area, gym) is restricted, managed, controlled - just like in a hotel. It means that people can live in peace within their apartment and not become a bother to others when in the public areas. Banning families and promoting adult only condos is difficult to enforce in Thailand esp. when some buyers wish to re-sell and therefore ignore the 'adult only' requirements or a condo is occupied by an "adult" who has his Thai girl's mama, papa & kids arrive each Friday evening for weekends or a long time resident suddenly has a baby and refuses to move etc....If tested in court a family-ban will not hold. Because of this its easier to enforce rules (in a well-managed building) than to enforce bans. "Family ban" also limits and stresses out people wanting to resell esp. where a building is over 5 years and therefore the fittings & fixed assets - dated. Making it adult-only dries up investors as buyers often want a condo-title with no "family restrictions" so that they can easily re-let it. It would be ideal if there were several hundred (or thousand) buyers all looking to be owner-occupiers in an adult-only development. Sadly, this is not the case as the bulk of farang-owned properties in Pattaya (and other beach towns) are investor-type and as far as Thai's are concerned "family" is central to everyday living. It means there is no critical mass to make such developments financially feasible long-term.

Then there is the mayor, City Hall, business groups, hoteliers, tour companies and many others who are keen to promote Chinese, Russian & Indian "family tourism" - as we are told at every meeting relating to upcoming developments. So getting local govt buy-in for permits which "age discriminate" is not easy.

Finally - there are buyers & renters who want condos where "bar girls" do not pop along for short time - like a hotel. It means that some residential buildings in Pattaya now lease for a minimum of 1 year and make it clear that they are looking for people in established relationships. Most of the 'committee' are owner-occupiers. Along Wongamat Beach there are some great apartments which make this clear at the onset. Its difficult to find a vacant condo in these developments since there is a growing demand by investors for a "home feel" rather than a "hotel feel" when they splash out cash. This suggests that there is support & sympathy for family-type living. Maybe this will grow given the plans of City Hall & powerful business groups.

The answer is probably to have adult-only zones like the gym and sun-deck providing one can get the Building Committee (and management) to vote in favor of this.

Along Wongamat Beach there are some great apartments which make this clear at the onset. Its difficult to find a vacant condo in these developments

Can't be right. Everybody here knows that all the buildings in the Pattaya area are vacant because all the lights aren't on at night.

• Like 2

If tested in court a family-ban will not hold.

I dont see why not. A contract is a contract and once you have agreed to the rules you have to stick with them. And it would be simple enough to make agreeing to the rules part of the conditions of gaining the debt-free letter prior to a sale.

I've never heard of anyone getting the "no pets" or other such rules overturned in a court so why should a "no under-XXs" rule be any more difficult to enforce?

As for there not being any demand I think this is patently incorrect. I'm not saying that everyone would want to buy/live in a condo where all people under a certain age are prohibited but I think that the plenty would, and would even be prepared to pay extra to live there. So that should be enough potential clients to allow for perhaps 1 condo in 10 or 20 to be restricted to people over a certain age. I would be more likely to buy such a condo as an investment myself rather than buy one that could be lived in (and probably destroyed) by families, just as I would not want pet-owners or smokers etc in my rental unit. The over-50s generally make much better tenants than young people do.

If tested in court a family-ban will not hold.

I dont see why not. A contract is a contract and once you have agreed to the rules you have to stick with them. And it would be simple enough to make agreeing to the rules part of the conditions of gaining the debt-free letter prior to a sale.

I've never heard of anyone getting the "no pets" or other such rules overturned in a court so why should a "no under-XXs" rule be any more difficult to enforce?

As for there not being any demand I think this is patently incorrect. I'm not saying that everyone would want to buy/live in a condo where all people under a certain age are prohibited but I think that the plenty would, and would even be prepared to pay extra to live there. So that should be enough potential clients to allow for perhaps 1 condo in 10 or 20 to be restricted to people over a certain age. I would be more likely to buy such a condo as an investment myself rather than buy one that could be lived in (and probably destroyed) by families, just as I would not want pet-owners or smokers etc in my rental unit. The over-50s generally make much better tenants than young people do.

The comment is very impractical in several respects -

Firstly how does one enforce a contract. In Thailand there are lesser laws and greater laws. Both are oft times impossible to enforce. In the case of the contract you say can be enforced : Example - 1) How does one prevent a resident from having a kid and then refusing to move out. Of course, I forgot - Go to court or the small claims tribunal like people do in the West.......then after 5 years of Thai-style litigation (often longer) and several hundred thousand dollars - I ask - do 'resident farang' through the Building Committee/Management have the willpower to carry on fighting the civil action? Just ask some bad, troublesome Thai landlords who have former farang tenants begging to settle out of court after wasting lots of time and money pursuing a case where the farang was 100% correct the whole time. So I don't think many farang want a legal struggle to enforce contracts in the Thai courts esp. since most farang in Thailand struggle to pay simple monthly outgoings or maintenance or upgrades to older buildings.

2) Next what happens if that "erring": resident happens to be a Thai national and the offended party a group of farang?

3) What happens if Thai or non-Thai a resident gets family from the province over each Friday for the weekend.....how does one apply the ban? Simply tell them that kids are not allowed to live or holiday and only visit for upto 1 hour I suppose. How very practical given the Thai legal settings.

4) Finally - when cash strapped desperate farang (and Thailand is not short of these) wish to sell properties and move on many will be keen to put aside contracts banning families they signed up to earlier; given it makes selling difficult esp. for older buildings which are not well maintained. Chasing a particular resident-type reduces the buyer range and reduces the renter range.

So lets not waste lot of hot air talking contract law, public policy and the like; lest we sound like idealogues of a Thai Tea Party full of impractical ideas.

Secondly - if as you say there are 'plenty' who want to buy adult-only condos which ban families & these buyers don't mind paying a price - then why have no developers gone with the idea? After all the idea has been staring developers in the face, for over 25 years. In fact developers along with City Hall and big business have moved in the opposite direction ie: pro-family type developments. Clearly they are catering to the majority and maybe some future plan? Also - if there is a majority why not put together a group of like-minded investors and make a proposal to one of the developers in town. If they see the dollars maybe it will prompt them. This does'nt seem to be happening either despite the 'plenty' demand you talk about.

Thirdly - banning pets is not the same as banning kids. The analogy is plain anal. Its like asking police why they arrest pushers of marijuana when people are smoking and drinking themselves to the nth degree. Clearly there is a law against the first and an acceptance of the latter - like it or not. Similarly, airlines ban pets from the cabin but not children.

I think the idea of having some public areas restricted to adults is a good one. As someone here posted we get what we pay for. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. If I was keen as mustard for quiet and privacy and adult content and non-smokers and no pets and...................and was happy to pay up - I'd live bungalow / villa / penthouse rather than wait for a day when adult-only condos which ban families comes into existence; here in Thailand !

Firstly how does one enforce a contract.

Not hard. Security on the front door. Those who dont obey the rules (to which they all agreed 100% before moving in) just don't get past security.

They do the same with pets.

2) Next what happens if that "erring": resident happens to be a Thai national and the offended party a group of farang?

3) What happens if Thai or non-Thai a resident gets family from the province over each Friday for the weekend.....how does one apply the ban? Simply tell them that kids are not allowed to live or holiday and only visit for upto 1 hour I suppose. How very practical given the Thai legal settings.

2: A non-issue. The only people in such a building would be there because they chose to be there and chose to obey the rules. Others would simply live elsewhere.

3: You seem to be under the misapprehension that these rules would be applied retroactively even to those who don't agree with them, but at no point did I suggest this.

Those who don't qualify don't get past the front door. Even today no visitor gets into my building unless they leave their ID with security anyway, so no big deal to be a bit more selective.

4) Finally - when cash strapped desperate farang (and Thailand is not short of these) wish to sell properties and move on many will be keen to put aside contracts banning families they signed up to earlier; given it makes selling difficult esp. for older buildings which are not well maintained. Chasing a particular resident-type reduces the buyer range and reduces the renter range.

As I mentioned, I suspect that there would be significant extra demand for such buildings. And as I also mentioned, those who dont want to be restricted in such a way would simply not buy/live there in the first place.

What's the fuss about? I dont like these new condo buildings with sunken galleons and God knows what other crap floating around in the pool, or tennis courts and gyms and BBQ areas and air-conditioned lobbies and business centres and so on and so forth. So the idea doesn't enter my head to live in such a building or buy a unit in one. It's really incredibly simple.

Secondly - if as you say there are 'plenty' who want to buy adult-only condos which ban families & these buyers don't mind paying a price - then why have no developers gone with the idea?

Thirdly - banning pets is not the same as banning kids.

Pattaya condo developers have a sensible idea? Give me a break. They are boring copycats with no taste or brains at all.

Banning pets is not the same as banning kids? Of course it is. You can ban anything you like as long as everyone agrees to it, and as I have pointed out repeatedly everyone in such a building would be there purely because they agree with the rules.

Similar systems work perfectly well in many countries. No reason why it should not work just as well here.

KittenKong, on 16 Oct 2013 - 13:22, said:

1. Not hard. Security on the front door. Those who dont obey the rules (to which they all agreed 100% before moving in) just don't get past security.

2: A non-issue. The only people in such a building would be there because they chose to be there and chose to obey the rules. Others would simply live elsewhere.

3: You seem to be under the misapprehension that these rules would be applied retroactively even to those who don't agree with them, but at no point did I suggest this. Those who don't qualify don't get past the front door.

Even today no visitor gets into my building unless they leave their ID with security anyway, so no big deal to be a bit more selective.......You can ban anything you like as long as everyone agrees to it, and as I have pointed out repeatedly everyone in such a building would be there purely because they agree with the rules. As I mentioned, I suspect that there would be significant extra demand for such buildings. And as I also mentioned, those who dont want to be restricted in such a way would simply not buy/live there in the first place. What's the fuss about?

Bokchoi Reply -

Locking home owners out of their condo block is something you need to share the results of with people on this forum only AFTER you've tried it. Something like advising people the thrill of bungee jumping only AFTER one has tried it.
Meanwhile - you've still not answered the question on how you plan to enforce a contract for 'Adult Only, No Families' condo contracts, in Thailand. Readers would love to hear how you plan to enforce the 'Adults only - No Families' contract in civil society; NOT how you plan to lock people outside their homes or get physical or start a neighborhood brawl. So back to points I made earlier -
Firstly how does one enforce a contract. In Thailand there are lesser laws and greater laws. Both are oft times impossible to enforce. In the case of the contract you say can be enforced : Example - 1) How does one prevent a long-term resident from finally having a kid and then refusing to move out. Of course, I forgot - Go to court or the small claims tribunal like people do in the West.......then after 5 years of Thai-style litigation (often longer) and several hundred thousand dollars - I ask - do 'resident farang' through the Building Committee/Management have the willpower to carry on fighting the civil action? Just ask some bad, troublesome Thai landlords who have former farang tenants begging to settle out of court after wasting lots of time and money pursuing a case where the farang was 100% correct the whole time. So I don't think many farang want a legal struggle to enforce contracts in the Thai courts esp. since most farang in Thailand struggle to pay simple monthly outgoings or maintenance or upgrades to older buildings.
Even today no visitor gets into my building unless they leave their ID with security anyway, so no big deal to be a bit more selective.
I dont like these new condo buildings with sunken galleons and God knows what other crap floating around in the pool, or tennis courts and gyms and BBQ areas and air-conditioned lobbies and business centres and so on and so forth. So the idea doesn't enter my head to live in such a building or buy a unit in one. It's really incredibly simple.
Similar systems work perfectly well in many countries. No reason why it should not work just as well here.
Pattaya condo developers............are boring copycats with no taste or brains at all.
Banning pets is not the same as banning kids? Of course it is.
Telling visitors to leave an ID Card with security is very different to telling family, friends (or strangers) to leave their kids outside or stay out. Please advise readers how it worked out AFTER you've tried this in Thailand. Talk is after all cheap. Like bungee jumping we recommend some things only AFTER we've tried it.
Also - you need to tell airlines your thoughts on kids and pets being the same. Presently airlines ban pets from economy but allow kids. Whilst your at it also tell owners of hotels around the world that if they ban pets then they ought to consider a ban on kids. Make it sound easy, simple, a non-issue and I'm sure intelligent people will respond to you.
Again I quote (in part) from my earlier post :-
If there is a majority as you keep telling readers why not put together a group of like-minded investors and make a proposal to one of the developers in town. Being boring and lacking imagination developers will immediately latch onto your idea and thank you eternally for the good idea esp. if they see the dollars. No point simply sitting back or whining about things and writing long "can be done" stories since you feel strongly about it. Pointing fingers and blaming developers is not likely to get you anywhere. Listening to your "can do" "simple" "easy" "not an issue" confidence readers are wondering why you have not already got like-minded people to participate (after all you say there are "plenty"of people interested in adults only, families banned condos). After which you can approach a developer.
I don't think anyone is forcing you to live in condo's with galleons in the pool or apartments with a gym, pool and business facilities. You make your own choices as to where you live or even whether Thailand suits your style & thinking. If I was keen as mustard for quiet and privacy and adult content and non-smokers and no pets and no gym, no pool, no kids.................I'd pay up and live in a bungalow / villa / penthouse whilst hoping for an adults only condo to finally arrive.
Edited by Bokchoi
  • Like 1

As I mentioned, I suspect that there would be significant extra demand for such buildings. And as I also mentioned, those who dont want to be restricted in such a way would simply not buy/live there in the first place.

What's the fuss about? I dont like these new condo buildings with sunken galleons and God knows what other crap floating around in the pool, or tennis courts and gyms and BBQ areas and air-conditioned lobbies and business centres and so on and so forth. So the idea doesn't enter my head to live in such a building or buy a unit in one. It's really incredibly simple.

Banning pets is not the same as banning kids? Of course it is. You can ban anything you like as long as everyone agrees to it, and as I have pointed out repeatedly everyone in such a building would be there purely because they agree with the rules.

Longing for a quiet, still place with no pool, no gym, no business centre, no families, no kids, no toys......I sense 'kittenkong' belongs in a sanitarium (and that's putting it nicely). Not sure who would visit - each weekend - if he finally did get into such a 'facility'. I guess Pattaya attracts a fair few loners and fruitcakes hoping to make a make-believe life in Candyland if not in the real world. For someone so confident about the demand for 'Adult only No Families' accomodation am surprised that Kitten has not put together lots of other kittens and found a builder happy to oblige - maybe Kitten needs to put his money where his mouth is and bring other like-minded folk along as well. Otherwise talk is cheap.

Edited by marchawkes
  • Like 1

- huge snip -

I don't think anyone is forcing you to live in condo's with galleons in the pool or apartments with a gym, pool and business facilities. You make your own choices as to where you live or even whether Thailand suits your style & thinking. If I was keen as mustard for quiet and privacy and adult content and non-smokers and no pets and no gym, no pool, no kids.................I'd pay up and live in a bungalow / villa / penthouse whilst hoping for an adults only condo to finally arrive.

I am perfectly happy living in the condo I'm in and certainly would not want to live in a house here with all the problems that entails.

I'm also perfectly happy not living in a condo with galleons and gyms.

What I originally said was that I think there is a large untapped market for a condo that doesnt allow persons under a certain age on the premises and that if one existed I would be very tempted to live in it. This does not in any way mean that I am desperate to do so.

As far as the rest of the discussion goes, which part of "the only people buying or living in such a building would be those who previously agreed to the rules" dont you understand?

Anyone not wanting to abide by the rules would quite simply not buy there or not live there. Personally I would be somewhat surprised if such a building sold any units to Thai people at all, but that isnt a problem.

Have you ever seen how a retirement complex/condo/village works elsewhere in the world? I have and there is a great deal to be said for them.

Longing for a quiet, still place with no pool, no gym, no business centre, no families, no kids, no toys......I sense 'kittenkong' belongs in a sanitarium (and that's putting it nicely). Not sure who would visit - each weekend - if he finally did get into such a 'facility'. I guess Pattaya attracts a fair few loners and fruitcakes hoping to make a make-believe life in Candyland if not in the real world. For someone so confident about the demand for 'Adult only No Families' accomodation am surprised that Kitten has not put together lots of other kittens and found a builder happy to oblige - maybe Kitten needs to put his money where his mouth is and bring other like-minded folk along as well. Otherwise talk is cheap.

"Longing"? Where did that word come from? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. The condo I currently live in is quiet and has none of those unwanted features and it suits me nicely, as it does many other people.

Those who want visitors and family around them all the time simply would not live in such a place, and bizarre as that probably appears to many it's fine and purely the decision of the individuals concerned. There is no right or wrong in it, just personal preference. Personally I cant think of many things worse than having my family visiting me but as they live 7000 miles away they never do and so everyone is happy.

As for putting my money on the line: why? I think there is a big market for a decent, cheap Indian restaurant here also but I wont be investing in one. I can earn more on my investments elsewhere with less risk so what's the point?

- huge snip -

I am perfectly happy living in the condo I'm in and certainly would not want to live in a house here with all the problems that entails.

I'm also perfectly happy not living in a condo with galleons and gyms.

What I originally said was that I think there is a large untapped market for a condo that doesnt allow persons under a certain age on the premises and that if one existed I would be very tempted to live in it. This does not in any way mean that I am desperate to do so.

As far as the rest of the discussion goes, which part of "the only people buying or living in such a building would be those who previously agreed to the rules" dont you understand?

Anyone not wanting to abide by the rules would quite simply not buy there or not live there. Personally I would be somewhat surprised if such a building sold any units to Thai people at all, but that isnt a problem.

Have you ever seen how a retirement complex/condo/village works elsewhere in the world? I have and there is a great deal to be said for them

You keep trumpeting the positives of "adult only living" in Thailand whilst being unable to address a key aspect I've REQUOTED below:
Also, Thais cannot be kept from investing in an "adult only condo". Its their country and they make the rules. Another impractical non-workable suggestion.
Readers are familiar with "adult only condos" in the West as readers are with "old age homes" where farang family is dumped and "assisted living", "rehab" etc...In fact Pattaya has some facilities for ageing farang with no family willing to care for them, so the concept is not new. You are preaching to the converted.
What readers are looking for is sensible practical solutions relating to enforcement of an "adults only, kids & family's banned" rule, in Thailand.
How will enforcing the contract worked esp. under circumstances REQUOTED below -
REQUOTE -
You've still not answered the question on how you plan to enforce a contract for 'Adult Only, No Families' condo contracts, in Thailand. Readers would love to hear how you plan to enforce the 'Adults only - No Families' contract in civil society; NOT how you plan to lock people outside their homes or get physical or start a neighborhood brawl. So back to points I made earlier -
Firstly how does one enforce a contract. In Thailand there are lesser laws and greater laws. Both are oft times impossible to enforce. In the case of the contract you say can be enforced : Example - 1) How does one prevent a long-term resident from finally having a kid and then refusing to move out. Of course, I forgot - Go to court or the small claims tribunal like people do in the West.......then after 5 years of Thai-style litigation (often longer) and several hundred thousand dollars - I ask - do 'resident farang' through the Building Committee/Management have the willpower to carry on fighting the civil action? Just ask some bad, troublesome Thai landlords who have former farang tenants begging to settle out of court after wasting lots of time and money pursuing a case where the farang was 100% correct the whole time. So I don't think many farang want a legal struggle to enforce contracts in the Thai courts esp. since most farang in Thailand struggle to pay simple monthly outgoings or maintenance or upgrades to older buildings.

"Is there a short-list of condos in Pattaya that are adult-only?"

As far as I know there is a very short list of none.

I have long thought that there is huge untapped market here for condo buildings that simply ban all people under the age of 50.

They better make an exception for Thai ladies or else the guys living there would move quickly if they cant take their younger partners there Unless you want them to have fun with 50yo thais that wont happen.

"Is there a short-list of condos in Pattaya that are adult-only?"

As far as I know there is a very short list of none.

I have long thought that there is huge untapped market here for condo buildings that simply ban all people under the age of 50.

They better make an exception for Thai ladies or else the guys living there would move quickly if they cant take their younger partners there Unless you want them to have fun with 50yo thais that wont happen.

I think there are plenty of older people living here who are not interested in having younger partners in their rooms. Surely enough to fill a couple of condo buildings anyway. I repeat that the only people owning/living in such a place would be those who specifically chose to do so. Those who dont fancy that would simply buy/live elsewhere.

You keep trumpeting the positives of "adult only living" in Thailand whilst being unable to address a key aspect I've REQUOTED below:

Also, Thais cannot be kept from investing in an "adult only condo". Its their country and they make the rules. Another impractical non-workable suggestion.

-snip-

I've covered all this already, though you just dont seem to get it.

No one would need to be "prevented" from buying in such a building as only those agreeing to the requirements, in writing, would be able to do so in the first place. So if you dont like it you dont buy it and if you do buy it you agree to it. Very simple. There are loads of other condo buildings around for those who dont agree.

And all you need is a suitable contract enforced by guards on the door.

I dont think the situation would even arise anyway. Why on earth would anyone even think about buying in such a place unless they specifically wanted to benefit from the absence of other residents under a certain age?

You say that people might buy there without considering that they may change their mind later on? That's tough but it's not my problem, any more than it's my problem if 50-year-olds buy duplex condos without considering that at some point their knees may give out and they may have to sell up and move, or if people with a motorbike buy a condo with no car parking and then decide to buy a car and have to move because they have nowhere to park it. As long as they weren't forced into their purchase in the first place (and how could they be?) they only have themselves to blame for their complete lack of brains.

I suspect that there would be significant extra demand for such buildings.

You suspect? I am not sure at all about that... unsure.png

But in fact, there are already a few places likes that in Pattaya; they have "Retirement Residence"

on the front and no, they will not accept young guys (and even more children) to reside there. wink.png

Now, and in my case, I would prefer a condo who does not accept guys over 60.

I find them very annoying with their wheelchair or walker, blocking corridors and lifts... whistling.gif

BTW no idea on Thai laws on this subject, but you have no more "no children", "single only" or such condos

in my country because of "equality", "no discrimination" and other such concepts...

-snip-

I've covered all this already, though you just dont seem to get it.

No one would need to be "prevented" from buying in such a building as only those agreeing to the requirements, in writing, would be able to do so in the first place. So if you dont like it you dont buy it and if you do buy it you agree to it. Very simple. There are loads of other condo buildings around for those who dont agree.

And all you need is a suitable contract enforced by guards on the door.

I dont think the situation would even arise anyway. Why on earth would anyone even think about buying in such a place unless they specifically wanted to benefit from the absence of other residents under a certain age? You say that people might buy there without considering that they may change their mind later on? That's tough but it's not my problem

I think Bokchoi has won the argument. Clearly people both Thai and farang are allowed to buy - not the hairbrain suggestion that Thai's could perhaps be restricted. Guards cannot lock someone out for bringing in kids or family contract or no contract esp. is a Thai owner decides he does'nt like the idea of a new baby or his family from the province being locked out. This is after all a "kids ban, family ban" in Thailand of all places.

Kittenkong keeps telling us that only interested buyers will turn up and everyone will follow the law otherwise the guards will turn ugly and anyway its not his problem. Such convultued nonsense. Kittenkong has also been talking plain rubbish throughout this thread and clutched at lots of straws, nonsensical examples - rather than lose face by agreeing that the idea of locking out kids and family will not work in Thailand. IF YOU CANNOT ENFORCE A CONTRACT IN A COURT OF LAW ITS NOT WORTH THE PAPER WRITTEN ON no matter how many millions are invested !!

Maybe a retirement village or assisted living or rehab centre or Sanitarium is something which someone in need of no kids, no family, no gym, no pool, no business centre, no toys, no noise, lots of privacy are looking at when it comes to Thailand.

Meanwhile the concerns raised by Bokchoi (quoted below) remain unanswered. A simple yes or no. Maybe "your correct" would have helped.

++

REQUOTE (remains unanswered)

You've still not answered the question on how you plan to enforce a contract for 'Adult Only, No Families' condo contracts, in Thailand. Readers would love to hear how you plan to enforce the 'Adults only - No Families' contract in civil society; NOT how you plan to lock people outside their homes or get physical or start a neighborhood brawl. So back to points I made earlier -

But in fact, there are already a few places likes that in Pattaya; they have "Retirement Residence"

on the front and no, they will not accept young guys (and even more children) to reside there.

I get around town quite a bit but I've never noticed anything like that. Where are they?

I think Bokchoi has won the argument. Clearly people both Thai and farang are allowed to buy - not the hairbrain suggestion that Thai's could perhaps be restricted.

At no point was that suggested. Go back and read my responses which cover all the questions asked.

on the front and no, they will not accept young guys (and even more children) to reside there.

I get around town quite a bit but I've never noticed anything like that. Where are they?

Places like Mandara (http://www.retirement-home-thailand.com/index.php)

or Nursing Resort (http://www.nursingresortpattaya.com/)

and many others I don't remember the name...

I saw recently a big project on 3rd Road for a house with nurses/doctor

who will receive older people or assisted people.

PS: What's the problem with this forum today ?

Many "Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment" sad.png

Edited by Pattaya46

Places like Mandara (http://www.retirement-home-thailand.com/index.php)

or Nursing Resort (http://www.nursingresortpattaya.com/)

who will receive older people or assisted people.

PS: What's the problem with this forum today ?

Many "Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment" sad.png

The first one has no phone number nor physical address. The second one I've tried to contact before. No luck. Just tried the phone number and no answers. And their website says to sign up by early 2012 for specials. Great....

Places like Mandara

or Nursing Resort

who will receive older people or assisted people

Oh, I see. I thought you meant condos rather than apartment/nursing homes.