Pet Friendly Accommodation in Bangkok Needed

My wife and I are moving to Thailand to retire in the middle of November and we are looking for pet friendly accommodation in Bangkok for a month before we move up to Chiang Mai. This should give us enough time to buy a car and organise ourselves before we settle up North.

We have searched forums and inter webs but unfortunately, the ones that people have recommended must have changed their policies and we cannot find anywhere that will take us with our well behaved 5 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback for a month. Some will take us if we are "long stay" but so far no luck on a month.

Does anyone have any suggestions on decent dog friendly accommodation in Bangkok that will allow a one month stay?

Our preference is for something near a rail station but as we plan to buy a car we would consider any area.

Once we move to Chiang Mai we will also need dog friendly accommodation for a week or so while we source a good long term pet friendly rental. Any suggestions for Pet friendly accomm in Chiang Mai will also be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a place in Bangkok that is pet friendly and will actually answer emails. It seems many that were pet friendly have now changed their policies. Or it could be that it is dependent on how much they need a booking at the time.

One that advertised themselves as pet friendly replied that as they have many dogs of their own roaming the property, they don't allow any other dogs. Perhaps they don't understand the concept of pet friendly accommodation.

My conclusion is that whatever they say or whatever they used to do, the only way to find pet friendly accommodation is to contact them all direct to see what their policy is on any given day.

House By The Pond just off of Sukhumvit 22 is pet friendly. There are gardens on the property and a park is not far away.

Shama Sukhumvit will let long stay guests have pets but one month is not long stay.

Novotel at the airport will let your dog stay in a cage in Security. OK if you're catching a flight with your pup.

Wanghin 46 apartments are not pet friendly any more.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Try the Chatrium on Naratiwat 24. It used to be called 'Oakwood' in the past. It is a luxury property and their 45 sqm studio costs 42000 Baht per month. They accept pets but I think they do not allow them on the grounds. They have to be confined in the apartment.

Google Chatrium and everything will be clear.